Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EP Uniplayer

+8
TroIIingTroll
GhostOfPain
Ozone Layer
Guest_Phoenix94305
NubaSlaya
wopi2
Zenzational
princevladlin
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EP Uniplayer Empty EP Uniplayer

Post by princevladlin Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:50 pm

EDIT2: It seems that a lot of times have been deleted from the leaderboards recently?

Edit: I'm going to add a list of "confirmed" times. This means I will be drawing from the leaderboard (the times will not be precise as they are rounded to nearest second.. they will be in the right order though) but leaving out people who have hacked and duplicates (same person, multiple accounts). Any information you can contribute would be appreciated (for example if I have the same person listed twice under a different username). Obviously, I can't confirm completely whether someone used the pause glitch or something similar (and some people consider it a legitimate strategy.. I don't think it's ever even helpful personally) or hacked for their time, but this list will be based on whether the person is a known member of the community and on their skill level (meaning if a person is clearly bad and they have a 2:35 time, for example, I won't list the time.. I didn't find any such people though). I doubt very many people have hacked (meaning I'm sure that I've left out a lot of legitimate times after the top ten), but this is how I'm going to do it for the times significantly under 3:00. Discussion about who I left out is at the bottom.

1. 2:25 -- Faithpath
2. 2:29 -- Jackoo8080/AngelofJack
3. 2:30 -- Noobtrap/(angeloftrap?)
4. 2:33 -- Guest_Phoenix94305/AngelOfTruth
5. 2:33 -- Dewill555/marlulu/jumper100/angelofmarullu/losXDXD(?)
6. 2:33 -- FastSpeed/DrunkOnLuck
7. 2:35 -- wezzeldurf
8. 2:37 -- princevladlin/91455/AngelOfIce
9. 2:38 -- GhostOfPth/AngelOfEpic(?)/GhostOfEpic(?)
10. 2:38 -- darwin37
11. 2:38 -- GhostOfZero
12. 2:40 -- NubaSlaya

After these, too many people that I don't know. I'll list the ones that I know.
2:40 -- ArcticShadow (seems legitimate)
2:41 -- Milk
2:43 -- Nairod
2:43 -- AngelOfSovietUnion/DemonOfWrath/Suicide_Machine
2:45 -- Donquick/angelofvelocity
2:46 -- Malkoir
2:46 -- AngelOfTime/rawwr123
2:46 -- GhostOfMatrix
2:46 -- incnone (based on comments on profile including pain's)
2:48 -- SoccerGirl27
2:48 -- GhostOfPain
2:51 -- Excitement1000
2:51 -- whatsisface (based on comments on prof from many players I trust)
2:52 -- MagicTales
2:53 -- Bladesam
2:53 -- thestuntman (I think I knew this person...)
2:54 -- CH0COLATE/angelofchoc
2:54 -- GhostOfTech
2:56 -- HulkLogan
2:56 -- ghostofghosts (from comments)
2:56 -- yck1509
2:59 -- wopi2
2:59 -- ClaudioDeusEst
3:00 -- FeeNoMiNaL

Stopping there for now.

I know only a few people (if any) still play uni much, but I thought I might as well make the topic since it's my favourite game mode. :)And I have noticed some people on the leaderboard lately. Nuba and Malk in July both got sub 2:50 times. Excite got a 2:51 time at the beginning of August. Wopi got a sub 3min time at the beginning of this year. Bradjel also got a time of 3:03 this July (and I think a 3:09 time a couple weeks ago). Don.gato got a similar time in February and Lydian got one in April. Now for the past few days, I got a new official record, and Havoc (is that Lydian?) got a 3:22 time. So there's proof that uni isn't totally dead. I decided to try to get back into uni the other week and attempt to get a sub 2:40 time (and maybe eventually a sub 2:30 time). Got one recently on a really lucky run, but I doubt I could do better any time soon.

So first of all, does anyone still play uni? Is anyone still going for a new record? Did you used to play uni? Your thoughts on uni?

=begin
First of all, fireflow's time is obviously not real. On his profile comments, he claims it was a bug. Whether he accidentally got the best time or whether he hacked doesn't really matter. Either way his time is not legitimate. Same goes for Crysis2Rocks judging by profile comments and the fact that nobody seems to know the person. Greenbox54 seems to have been banned. So the top time is still Faithpath's. I don't doubt jackoo's time or the next few. I have to doubt the legitimacy of dewil's time since he has two profile comments and none of the videos for exit path on his profile work (is this a secondary account? does anyone know this person?).

Is FastSpeed the same person as DrunkOnLuck? I am unsure. Does anyone have any information on AngelOfSpeed? His/her profile is also not available. What about Jumper100? GhostofPth? Not sure about Pth. I've seen someone spamming on youtube claiming to be "GHOST OF PATH!" (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcAnlc3a9mwb2yJV5xDPwEA). And looking at her profile comments, I can't really tell.

Not sure about zoomspeed, losXDXD, angelofalcohol and angelofalchohol(seems familiar), marulu, killamangaro69,

Now let's go back and psychoanalyze all these people.
=end

Last edited by Guest_Phoenix94305 on Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:59 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : I capitalize my name, thanks.)
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

EP Uniplayer Empty Re: EP Uniplayer

Post by Zenzational Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:12 pm

I quit uniplayer along time ago. My personal best was like 3:15- 3:30 somewhere around there but I didn't submit.

There should a uniplayer in multiplayer where you can race on uniplayer in multiplayer without having to actually input each and every one and finishing each 1 separately.

The time era where getting under 3:30 was considered hacking. <3
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:31 pm

Zenzational wrote:I quit uniplayer along time ago. My personal best was like 3:15- 3:30 somewhere around there but I didn't submit.

There should a uniplayer in multiplayer where you can race on uniplayer in multiplayer without having to actually input each and every one and finishing each 1 separately.

The time era where getting under 3:30 was considered hacking. <3
I don't think that will happen.. making a level(s) for uni (as much of it as you can get without it being too big) would be cool though.

Wasn't that when ep just came out? Or now lol.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wopi2 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:36 pm

I still do occasionally. Might have to get back into it now Very Happy

wopi2

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:48 pm

I'm slowly getting more consistent. Got a few ~2:52 times in a row today. Bad but better.

Last edited by princevladlin on Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:40 pm

my best is around 5:15 (i suck at uniplayer) but it was enough to get the best time of the day (for an hour or 2 then some did it in 3:30)

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:00 am

I got really lucky today and finally broke the barrier ^^
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaSlaya Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:32 pm

I ran a 2:40 a few months ago, haven't tried going under that since.
NubaSlaya
NubaSlaya

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:20 pm

Yeah I saw. I just got a 2:37 time yesterday, and the fact that Faithpath got a 2:25 time totally baffles me... It must have been nearly flawless in almost every way. Even if I made added a few hypothetical cuts that I could get maybe 1/10 times at best, I'd only be gaining a few seconds, so the level of precision is pretty impressive.. Maybe I just suck lol, but I had the luckiest run of my life and I still don't come close.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaSlaya Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:36 pm

princevladlin wrote:Yeah I saw. I just got a 2:37 time yesterday, and the fact that Faithpath got a 2:25 time totally baffles me... It must have been nearly flawless in almost every way. Even if I made added a few hypothetical cuts that I could get maybe 1/10 times at best, I'd only be gaining a few seconds, so the level of precision is pretty impressive.. Maybe I just suck lol, but I had the luckiest run of my life and I still don't come close.
grats on your time btw, also 2:25 is totally insane and I literally have no idea how it is possible xD

edit- I do believe FastSpeed is DrunkOnLuck and he is the mastermind who caused the AG profile lemon party incident lol good times...
NubaSlaya
NubaSlaya

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:24 am

lemon party what? o.O lol Thanks. I've thought about how a 2:25 is possible probably more than I've actually played uni... think it's mostly cutting off milliseconds on every level, but I would like to talk to someone with a time as low as yours to see if I'm missing anything significant path wise :PIf I didn't leave any cuts out I think my path is nearly the best possible though.

Warning: I'm going of on some technical rant to myself and no one in particular (no one will probably read, but maybe in five years someone will be like omg I must talk with prince about this and give him my secrets) here since I don't want to do hw lol. So here's my speculation on how a 2:25 time is possible:

TL;DR: Faithpath like precision and some risks.

So on the run I just had I was at around late :58 at the end of level 11 (I use it as a major marker and restart if not less than :59). Best I've done is around :57 (and also with no new cuts and actually taking one out I've brought my average time down here by about 4 seconds), so that's 1 second less I could have had. I got really lucky on levels 18 and 28 where I got the optimal path I've created (accidentally on 18). I missed no cuts besides the ones I intentionally left out (just the one one level 9 when you jump over the wall and the one on 27 when you take the tele and corner jump.. but I don't know how much faster that is than just taking the jumper instead of tele). So that's maybe 2-3 seconds max you could shave off
How 12 works out varies wildly.. so that's milliseconds of difference too. I got 29 first try, but had to slide to save flow and didn't do 30 that well.. So from things that could have done better for sure.. maybe 4-8 seconds max.. still not close. Okay so if I add a few (3-4) "hypothetical" cuts I've come up with that I've tested and are possible but require god like skill or luck (so I doubt faith used them or even knows about them since one of them is a rare sort of glitch type thing), then you gain maybe another 3-4 seconds and you're kind of there..

So how much of a difference can just flowing slightly better and corner cutting perfectly when falling make?

Look at this:

Even at level 2, ending with an 11.80 (not a major mistake at all) means that you're already behind by .17 milliseconds from the fastest possible time (my calculation of 11.63 as the fastest possible time is based on pain's uni vid where he has 4.17 at the end of level one somehow.. otherwise it's 11.67 in my experience). If you're at 12.00 seconds at the end of three, you're already at least .43 seconds behind the fastest time possible.. You have a :49 or :50 at the end of 9? Now you're entire seconds behind a pretty precise runs and not even 1/3 done. So it stacks up pretty quick even with no glaring "mistakes." If your flow technique isn't perfect and you're not at max speed.. or if you stop flowing, you're losing milliseconds.

Now I'm going to examine individual levels to see how they could be done even slightly faster.

Stage 6- For me, the time it take to flow over the top grinder varies by more than a quarter of a second. I assume going over the grinder straight from the jumper is faster, but I haven't tested it.

Optimal path on 9 is pretty much impossible anyway, and i skip the jump over the wall now. Ignoring the "god cut" the best you can do is have saved enough flow without hurting previous time to flow through the back and forth at the beginning to avoid a flow reset and then flow over the wall. Since if you do the falling version, you'll have to wait for the axes before you can fall, I assume doing it this way is at least a second better, possibly 2 or more.

Optimal 10 in my experience is going for top path.. flowing a bit then jumping and holding up then tapping flow as you go over the invisible wall (and not double jumping) so you fall perfectly and don't hit the sign.. then a flow jump immediately when hit ground to finish the level

13- If you can save flow from 12 (hard to do for me since I randomly get top or bottom path on 12), you can dj off the first block and then do another corner jump off the block in the air the axe is attached to.. I don't know if this is faster, and it is really hard to do.. Other than that, I assume the fastest path is to use the first jumper and angle it perfectly so you're going right before you pass the wall/axe/grinder part. Really confused about what to do here though.

14- Probably can save time by not jumping but simply going right then left... best way for this level is probably to have flow already.. but that's hard.. anyway best path for end after jumping over wall is to land right before the spikes instead of doing a dj; then you have enough flow for the next level to get past the first part and then still have enough to flow after that

15- I hate the end of this.. because the block on the bottom gets in the way.. and landing on the blocks before and then flow jumping so avoid it without slowing down is hard ((for me at least).

On level 18, flowing immediately over the first grinder without touching the corner is definitely a lot faster.. but hard since it's blind.. you get used to it though.

19- Can get over top much faster if save enough flow on 16 and finish 18 by landing right before the slide part and avoiding flow reset.. basically tap flow while going under axes then after use jumper and tap flow at top height to finish level much quicker.. I land first, but I know some people skip it all together and flow beginning at jumper to the end.. I don't though.

20- flow at very beginning before conveyor might save a millisecond.. also, in my experience, max flow speed is faster than conveyor (but I may be totally wrong).. this also applies to level 7

21- Get best angle after jumper with flow
22- proper flow technique

23- I think everyone knows the good path here. There's also this Probably should have started doing it this way earlier, but it seems easier so far.

24- I've considered another "hypothetical cut" (that makes 5 so far!) here too, but I don't think it's possible. Certainly not worth trying. Fastest way is to flow jump at beginning and double over the structure at the end (not take the teles). May be hard at first, but I can do it consistently now. This path is my baby. I weep.

24- 99% sure I have the fastest path here

26 and 27- Can still get cuts if you flow at beginning instead of losing flow.. harder though.. saves milliseconds maybe.. quarter of a second at most

27- I can't get the pillar consistently so I use the bounce then flow over grinder.. I don't know which is faster, but I assume the other is..

28- 99% sure the path I've made is the best here. Involves the dj shortcut most people used to use on cubey. Then another dj and you will jump over the 2nd axe when it's in the middle.. after that jump 2 blocks after flag you can flow all the way to the end and finish while final axe is up in the air to the left. Possible faster path is not having to double jump right before the first flag which may allow for a faster path by passing second axe while it is to the right (again I don't think it's possible since you'll have to deal with the next axes coming to the left).

29- get first time ofc and save enough flow so don't have to slide after get dj.. I'm having a lot more success getting dj by tapping up twice

30- Flow so still have flow when land or can start flowing again soon (skip second jumper ofc)

Thinking about it like this makes me understand why my time is so far behind even though I felt like it was "perfect."

So basically faith is god of ep.. and I need to practice a lot more for a few years.

Last edited by princevladlin on Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:43 am

Also, is it just me or are ep2 uniplayer times hacked to hell?
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaSlaya Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:53 pm

lol it seems like you have analyzed the paths enough to hypothetically get a really speedy run. For my run, I happened to be rather "lucky" and managed almost all my paths perfect. I took mostly safe paths so my time could technically be faster, also my time before my latest time was 2:45 so it was a big jump down. I have no intention of trying for a faster time right now though.

about ep2 times:

When ep2 was released, there seemed to be a lot of bugs and hackers, so i wouldnt be surprised if those times are badly hacked.
NubaSlaya
NubaSlaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Dewil is marulu is jumper100 is (I think) losXDXD. Lot of accounts! He was definitely a good player, although I am not sure how much he put into Uniplayer, so I guess I can't directly speak to that. There might have been some of the glitch cheats used, idk. At the time, his appearance in the top times surprised me because I was actively working on Uniplayer at that time too, so I figured I would have noticed. I think I mentioned something about his 2:33 run, and I think he said he got really lucky (and may have said something to the effect that he didn't think he could replicate it). Not sure why so many profiles, and why he tried with them all. I know him, and I suppose I could ask him how he did it. He probably couldn't repeat it.

GhostOfPth is NOT GhostOfPath, two completely different people (although both douches). GhostOfPth is/was AngelOfEpic (the annoying brother of Naruto), who seemed to be a really good player, except for his extensive trolling endeavors at the creation of the old new yck site. From what I played with Epic/Pth, he was a great player, and probably did get his time without hacking. Some of the older players might know him better.
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:29 pm

GhostofPath is nice
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:41 pm

Updated.
Guest_Phoenix94305 wrote:GhostOfPth is NOT GhostOfPath, two completely different people (although both douches).
Yeah I thought so.. Kind of strange (or maybe not?) that Pth has his gender set to female if he's naruto's brother though.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:47 am

add me i am 4:48

(lol i suck 4,448th of all time (last time i checked) )

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfPain Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:52 pm

princevladlin wrote:based on pain's uni vid where he has 4.17 at the end of level one somehow.. 
If you jump at the very beginning of the first level you get a .03 time advantage. Faithpath told me that Darwin was the one to discover this.
GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 pm

GhostOfPain wrote:
princevladlin wrote:based on pain's uni vid where he has 4.17 at the end of level one somehow.. 
If you jump at the very beginning of the first level you get a .03 time advantage. Faithpath told me that Darwin was the one to discover this.
0.03 means nothing in uniplayer
it would mean alot
but
they round the time to the nearest second

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:29 pm

idkwhattocall wrote:
GhostOfPain wrote:
it would mean alot
but
.03 means a lot in uniplayer. It all adds up. The rankings may not show the complete time, but they are ordered by it.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:37 pm

princevladlin wrote:
idkwhattocall wrote:
GhostOfPain wrote:
it would mean alot
but
.03 means a lot in uniplayer. It all adds up. The rankings may not show the complete time, but they are ordered by it.
never mind your right

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:11 am

I got a 4:14 time today (I know I suck compared to you guys)
But beating my old record by 30 seconds makes me feel happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

edit: I am amazed with sub 3 minutes times. i got a 4:06 time a few days ago and even after practicing every day i cant beat it. I cant imagine all the work that went into it.

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:11 pm

idkwhattocall wrote:I got a 4:14 time today (I know I suck compared to you guys)
But beating my old record by 30 seconds makes me feel happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

edit: I am amazed with sub 3 minutes times. i got a 4:06 time a few days ago and even after practicing every day i cant beat it. I cant imagine all the work that went into it.

It's a combination of a near flawless path (meaning if you're not trying to do the things the same way every time you race, you're doing it wrong (unless you're trying to improve your path)) and a lot of practice. The best thing you can really do early on is start using a good path, even if you're bad at it at first. And there's nothing wrong about piggy backing off the hard work of others. While there is no really good comprehensive path video on youtube (and nothing below 2:40s), there are a few pretty decent ones that you could probably learn a lot from.

Also, if you're not using the biggest time saving shortcuts already, you may be losing a lot of time from that (the level 29 over the whole level shortcut is the huge one; the level 10 shortcut; the level 14 over the level shortcut, etc.).

Other than the path/shortcuts, just working on your general technique helps significantly (preserving speed with flow tapping and jumping, coming out of a fall fast by going left and then right, etc.).
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:50 pm

i seem to notice some things
when i get a good run (idk standereds)
this is how i do

level 9: 1 miunte mark
level 18: 2 minute mark
level 26: 3 minute mark
level 29: 4 minute mark

i know about level 14 trick (i always use it)
level 29 i know but i barley can do
level 10 i dont know

i am still amazed at how you do it
nearly flawless runs increadable

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:43 pm

idkwhattocall wrote:i seem to notice some things
when i get a good run (idk standereds)
this is how i do

level 9: 1 miunte mark
level 18: 2 minute mark
level 26: 3 minute mark
level 29: 4 minute mark

i know about level 14 trick (i always use it)
level 29 i know but i barley can do
level 10 i dont know

i am still amazed at how you do it
nearly flawless runs increadable

Top run is minute mark at around the beginning of 12, which is pretty precise. If it's taking you a minute to do 26-29, that's where you really need work. 26, 27, and 28 should take somewhere around 20-30 seconds with no huge errors. If you're around maybe 30 seconds 26-8 and 30 seconds 29, that's the cut you need to work on. It takes a lot of practice and everyone does it their own way. I've personally had a lot of success by starting to flow 3 blocks from the end of the jump (start of the 3rd block away from edge is where the flow shadow starts), holding flow, and then double tapping up upon hitting the block (actually get two jumps off of it).

Level 10 is just like crossroads. You double on the first block to your right, go left then double of the left pillar to the top and then flow over the level. That or you double on the block before the spikes and skip the spike/tele part that way.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next