[ 4 ]
33% 33% 
[ 5 ]
40% 40% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 15

I hate slow motion

Post by sohdbrimks on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Slow motion is stupid, lame, and it's cheating (specialy if used to warp on AG rooms). The thought that people purposefuly slow themselves down in a racing game makes my blood boil.
I wouldn't mind so much if the people who used it didn't afect me, but they do, either directly or indirectly.
Directly: putting hard levels and cheating their way through it. Stop doing this shit plz
Indirectly: making custom levels that require it but not mentioning it anywhere. Seen a level that require insane ammounts of precision? Chances are you're playing the level from some asshole who uses slowmotion

I wish yck had never implemented pause in the game so that this bullshit didn't spread. But he did and now the damage is done and lots of people use it
Of all the problems in EP this is the one that pisses me off the most

FUCK SLOWMOTION

Last edited by sohdbrimks on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate slow motion

Post by AngelOfOreos on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Slow motion is stupid, lame, and it's cheating (specialy if used to warp on AG rooms). The thought that people purposefuly slow themselves down in a racing game makes my blood boil.
I wouldn't mind so much if the people who used it didn't afect me, but they do, either directly or indirectly.
Directly: putting hard levels and cheating their way through it. Stop doing this shit plz
Indirectly: making custom levels that require it but not mentioning it anywhere. Seen a level that require insane ammounts of precision? Chances are you're playing the level from some asshole who uses slowmotion

I wish yck had never implemented pause in the game so that this bullshit didn't spread. But he did and now the damage is done and lots of people use it

FUCK SLOWMOTION
I've never told you, but I secretly call those against slow motion in races "Sohdists" xD (I'm not even joking)

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCamaro on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Slowmotion is only annoying too me when the user brags and shows off that they finished a precision/combo level before me. It was also annoying when users were stealing Xaks training levels and changing them to put slowmotion. If the user doesn't brag and just plays, then I don't mind it.
TheCamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 am

If you said slomo is cheating , maybe our tricks also is a kind of cheating , right ?? But I will not always use slomo.
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:21 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Slow motion is stupid, lame, and it's cheating (specialy if used to warp on AG rooms). The thought that people purposefuly slow themselves down in a racing game makes my blood boil.

FUCK SLOWMOTION
I have observed level nowadays dont require slow motion however, the reason why there were still levels require slow motion without saying it out is because slow motion is not considered as a cheat back then ^^

In fact, whether slow motion is a cheat is really doubtful since many ppl not considering slow mo while warp is still cheat.

Sometimes slow mo is vital for some level makers to do minor changes in their levels, slow mo is not just for playing it is sometimes for ppl who want to make complicated levels.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sohdbrimks on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:49 am

TT wrote:If you said slomo is cheating , maybe our tricks also is a kind of cheating , right ??
No, our tricks are bugs that are also present in the original game, while t and esc is not. It's also not just about cheating or not cheating, it's about fun; corners and doubles make the game more exciting and fun while t and esc is slow and boring

dragon wrote:In fact, whether slow motion is a cheat is really doubtful since many ppl not considering slow mo while warp is still cheat.
I don't consider it a cheat on warp levels because 1) it's just a fun gimmick that's only used in very few levels and 2) many of those things would be impossible without it, like pressing up, left, up, left, up, left for example. Btw when I first made my Anxiety level I did post "this needs t and esc" in front of it so people knew what kind of level it was.
Basicaly, t and esc in warp levels are acceptable because's it's often the only way to do them, while t and esc on normal levels is just people being too lazy/noob to play properly
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist on Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:13 pm

I know you hate slowmotion. In sohdism  (yes that still is a reference)  if you use slo mo, you die. Besides, i never learned to use slo motion in the beginning, so i never had the desire to use it. It makes it much harder for me since im used to the normal speed of having to complete obstacles. I cant do a quad using slo motion. It would take me longer to do it than at normal speed.  
The only thing i might use it for in very difficult cases is when warping (if it is a very small gap where you can easily die).

Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer on Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:45 pm

FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MOFUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO FUCK SLO MO
lol
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by holdonmyheart on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:02 pm

It's not really that big of a deal....
holdonmyheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit on Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:23 am

Slow-mo isn't a bad thing, in my opinion. As long as people acknowledge that using slow-mo doesn't make them as pro as people who don't need it, I don't see what the problem is.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
slow motion was not considered as a cheat back then ^^
When I used to be really active in the YEP rooms a year or so back, people used slow-mo all the time and it wasn't a problem. I don't know what has happened since then that makes slow-mo an issue now, but this may provide an explanation for why some people view it lightly.

Also...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:t and esc on normal levels is just people being too lazy/noob to play properly
Is there a problem with "lazy/noob" playing? Not everyone on YEP is an expert, but does this make the person bad? Not to me. What's the problem with noobs? I can imagine some of them will need slow-mo to learn how to do a trick on YEP, so why shouldn't it be available to them? (And me since I'm a noob? xD)

Just because some people don't use slow-mo doesn't mean everyone else is a terrible player. And people shouldn't be afraid of being called a terrible player for using slow-mo.

To me, slow-mo should be viewed as a tool to help people get better, like attaching training wheels to a bike. As long as people don't declare themselves pro while using it, I don't see the problem. :p

And... that's just what I think. x.x
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:47 pm

Yeah, if you never invented slo mo
That'd be great.

Nope Razz i think that it is good early on to learn the basics so you can learn at your own speed (pun intended). But it soon grows old and unnecessary as you progress. Like training wheels on a bike, early on. They save you from cuts and bruises, but later on. You avoid them and learn to handle it yourself. You dont need them because you are experienced enough.
Little kid analogies, 
Priceless

Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yeah, if you never invented slo mo
That'd be great.

Nope Razz i think that it is good early on to learn the basics so you can learn at your own speed (pun intended). But it soon grows old and unnecessary as you progress. Like training wheels on a bike, early on. They save you from cuts and bruises, but later on. You avoid them and learn to handle it yourself. You dont need them because you are experienced enough.
Little kid analogies, 
Priceless
I like small children. *puts on rape face*
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Don.Gato on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:22 am

Don't use it in races (Especially for AG rooms), and realize that if using it at all you are basically cheating. Not saying its evil, or even to not do it. Just realize that it is cheating, and most importantly, if you are going to brag about something you did w/ slomo, tell people that it was with slomo because many things in this game are undeniably much harder without it.

Other than the above, I don't care.

Back to top Go down

Post by akiskarath on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:34 am

I hate slow motion,I use it only at warping.But I can warp without slow motion even instantly.
akiskarath

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I hate slow motion,I use it only at warping.But I can warp without slow motion even instantly.
This was impressive. You gotta show me how sometime :)

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by akiskarath on Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I hate slow motion,I use it only at warping.But I can warp without slow motion even instantly.
This was impressive. You gotta show me how sometime Smile
Yeah sure,I taught already two or three players.

Play my level Warp Instantly.Go to my topic second page.

What to do:duck three blocks distance from the bouncer(I suggest,to get it easier),the time you touch the bouncer release down and immediately press up.
akiskarath

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:05 am

i never use slow mo and when i do it is very rare
ex.. precision jumps
ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by sohdbrimks on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am

Added a poll
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Added a poll
Lol. You know, slow motion isn't evil... it's just another tool in our EP world.

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:22 pm

Slow mo can be useufl to learn how a trick works, and also for warping levels - not my favs though.
Other than that : +1 sohd. My opinion is that if ppl cant play without real speed, then this game is not for them, no need to cheat it and brag, just move away.

For ppl who have fun cheating the game and don't brag, it's ok by me though.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:25 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Slow mo can be useufl to learn how a trick works, and also for warping levels - not my favs though.
Other than that : +1 sohd. My opinion is that if ppl cant play without real speed, then this game is not for them, no need to cheat it and brag, just move away
I think you were directing this at me... but anyways I use it a lot for teaching the breakdown of tricks. Otherwise, I never use it to race/trick unless I'm about to rage quit and want to give it one more go.

People shouldn't be bragging regardless of whether or not they used slow motion. Just keep it to yourself... no need to make others feel worse.

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Oreos : lol ? I wasn't replying to you, no. I don't even know why you feel attacked by my message :/

And btw : If I wantto leave an opinion about anything, I'm free to do it. But once again, I wasn't replying to your post...

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Oreos : lol ? I wasn't replying to you, no. I don't even know why you feel attacked by my message :/

And btw : If I wantto leave an opinion about anything, I'm free to do it. But once again, I wasn't replying to your post...
No problem. I didn't feel attacked btw... just wanted to be a little more specific on my end (:

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 pm

I do not like slow motion. In my opinion, it is good to learn with and understand the basic concepts of difficult tricks. After that, its not really useful. If you use it too much, it ends up being the heart of your game. If you do not use, your game play will die off.

Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin on Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:56 am

Slow motion just makes things harder for me.. like the pause glitch. Both are mostly useless skills to have in my opinion except in maybe in some special circumstances. I don't really care what other people do.

princevladlin
Administrator

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top