Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS

+13
ExitPathGirl16
princevladlin
squiggleinator3000
Molgmaran
TroIIingTroll
Mickeyryn
dragon144
Steinwayartist
guest_dog
GhostOfPain
holdonmyheart
Ozone Layer
Zenzational
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS Empty Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS

Post by Zenzational Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:25 am

Hello, in this topic you may suggest any improvement that would help level designing, level gameplay, downloading, the lobby, or the Y-EP site. Please do not suggest anything bizzare or something that would eventually turn this game into Minecraft v2 or Everybody Edits v2 like adding coloured blocks, a Z axis for 3D gameplay, or bombs, etc. I don't want to have to see the creator get sued for copying a game accidentally. Also do not suggest increasing the amount of items we can put into a level/increasing character limit for codes, because this is what the creator has priority for after he fixes bugs. Hopefully the creator, yck1509, can get a glimpse of this every now and then when he has the time to make these improvements Smile. You may suggest anything and I may add it to my Original Post (OP) if I have the time and deem it worthy. As the improvements take place, I will mark a red "X" on the end of the suggestion. If any improvements get denied by yck1509, I will remove it and notify everyone with a comment.

Here are the up-to-date suggestions for improvements for level designer:

-Make falling spike teleport if falls/triggers into an active teleporter.
-Remove search bar below list of items as this doesn't do anything or searches for anything.
-Add the ability to choose different background for your levels (only from backgrounds of EP uniplayer), no custom ones.
-Have an offline version of Y-EP to test levels without Internet access.
-Have a walkthrough or guide downloaded with downloading the designer itself for beginners.
-Have the ability to choose more then 1 spawn start points if you have more than 1 start block (can be really fun!). Same thing with end blocks.
-Add the ability to rotate start points, finish blocks, half blocks, checkpoints, teleporters, grinders, and regular blocks.
-Have the ability to choose free time or set time for your levels! Free time is regular from 0 seconds and counting onwards, does not stop. Set time gives you a time limit like 20 minutes, it'll count down from 20 minutes, if it reaches zero, the level will end.
-Have the ability to insert foreign characters, symbols, HTML/BBC codes, and pictures into text blocks without glitching them up.
-Have the ability to decide whether falling spikes can get triggered by others or only yourself (for co-op levels).
-Add option to make flags turn from regular flow to all flow or no flow and vice versa.
-Add Trigger blocks: Once you step onto them it would activate a certain action to happen. For example: Letting blocks disappear or appear. Looking like a regular block but with a green border if it's untriggered. With a red border if it's triggered.
-Add Moving Fuzz balls: Equivalent to those of the game 'Give Up'.
-Add Ventilators: Equivalent to those of Exit Path 2.
-Add Fans from Exit Path 2.
-Add Poles from Exit Path 2.

For In-game level gameplay:

-Add a ghost/god mode button for mentors/moderators so they can ghost through parts of the level to reach finish to finish level for everyone if trapped. Do not abuse.
-No freezing when inputting a code that freezes level.
-Add an Exit to Menu button.
-Start from countdown when practicing a level so you get accurate times.
-Lasers get 360 degrees rotation once triggered.
-Option "mute" near the quality and suicide button. Clicking it would make this appear on chat "the chat has been muted"; if you click "unmute" then it says "the chat has been unmuted"
-No moving chat when scrolled up
To make it easier to read things up in the chat:
~ If the chat is totaly scrolled down, the chat scrolls to the new message like it is now
~ if the chat is NOT scrolled down (even if only the last post is not visible), new messages do not make the chat scroll
In-Game commands:
- !help: Would display all in-game commands available to the person's corresponding rank.
- !eplinks: Would post all Y-EP related links(i.e. a link for the levelmakerforum, the guide site, etc.).
- !levelcode: Would display the levelcode of the current played game.

For Lobby:

-Make sure it updates with real time.
-Add a !votekick, and a !cancel to votekick annoying or abusive players or cancel false votekicks.
-Mentors and Moderators can join the level in-game but it will not lead into lobby.
-Countdown from 15 seconds.
-Mute, Quality, and mute Chat button
-No moving chat when scrolled up
~ If the chat is totaly scrolled down, the chat scrolls to the new message like it is now
~ if the chat is NOT scrolled down (even if only the last post is not visible), new messages do not make the chat scroll
In-Game commands:
- !help: Would display all in-game commands available to the person's corresponding rank.
- !eplinks: Would post all Y-EP related links(i.e. a link for the levelmakerforum, the guide site, etc.).
-A multiplyaer version of the famous EP Uniplayer. It's just like and works like uniplayer but with more people. Falling spikes, lasers, and triggers do not activate by someone else.

For the Y-EP site:

-Recruit rank (to indicate you are a noob and are new).
-Elder rank (to indicate you know everything about Y-EP).
-Beginner Rank (in-between "someone" and "Trusted, can choose Non-custom levels but not customs or change time)
-Ability to change ranks/colours if you have earned more than 2 ranks. (If a rank gets provoked, you can not change to that rank).
-A "help" button next to control pannel/memberlist. This page would have all the numbers of levels and explain things like !time and perhaps put the rules there too.
-Add more default levels like !level 200 (something easy). These levels go from 200 + and are easy race levels.

Please do not suggest:

-Increasing character limit for codes to work.
-Adding more items
-Anything crazy or bizzare

Yck1509 is working to increase character codes. Adding more items is just crazy.

If you have any suggestions, leave a comment! Tell me what you think of the suggestions so far Smile

Last edited by Zenzational on Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS Empty Re: Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS

Post by sohdbrimks Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:48 pm

New rank: Beginner
It is above "someone" but under "trusted player"
It can chose levels (!level) but not customs or changing time.
To make this rank more fun we could add some easy levels to the normal game, like Smile Land from Spark and things like that. Start these levels at number !level 200 and go from there (to differentiate them from yck and john levels)

Help
Add a "help" button next to control pannel/memberlist. This page would have all the numbers of levels (like 120 = under and over) and explain things like !time and perhaps put the rules there too.

Mute chat
Option "mute" near the quality and suicide button. Clicking it would make this appear on chat "the chat has been muted"; if you click "unmute" then it says "the chat has been unmuted"

No moving chat when scrolled up
- If the chat is totaly scrolled down, the chat scrolls to the new message like it is now
- if the chat is NOT scrolled down (even if only the last post is not visible), new messages do not make the chat scroll

More flags
Idk if this is possible to fix but, allow more flags to appear. Right now after a certain number of flags are taken you stop seeing other people's flags.

Number of spectators
It would be cool if we could see the number of spectators like we can see the number of players. Some times there are lots of rooms with 1 player and I just want to enter the one with most spectators.

I'll edit this post if I remember anything else

Last edited by sohdbrimks on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
sohdbrimks
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS Empty Re: Yck-Exit Path: IMPROVEMENTS & SUGGESTIONS

Post by Ozone Layer Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Make the "error of rotation" in designer go away.

Add option to make flags turn from regular flow to all flow or no flow and vice versa.

And I dunno if we should add some more ranks for between trusted player and someone. ( You can get trusted player for practically no reason at all. Elder sounds a bit unnecessary. We could add just the recruit rank.

Make it a rule that a recruit is the rank you start out with, become a someone after 1 FULL week of COMPLETELY good behavior ( whenever that comes) and a trusted player if they are good for 3 FULL weeks (but only is they are good from recruitment to then, meaning that includes that 1st full week. Otherwise, trusted player can only be given after either 1 FULL month of good behavior or AT LEAST 3 weeks of good behavior (but can only be changed in 3 weeks by a moderator or above. (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

Mentor? No specific schedule, but generally be good and don't be bad, etc ( You guys can add one if you want)

Moderator? No schedule to matter what? Admin can only do that anyways. :DDD

Admin? No comment. xD
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Zenzational wrote:-Add the ability to choose different background for your levels (only from backgrounds of EP uniplayer), no custom ones.
-Remove optional password for level importing (can be stressful if you can't remember password and besides no one uses it).

Why backgrounds and why no custom ones?
I think optional password should be kept. I guess the point of it is to keep people from seeing all the blocks you have placed (i.e. invisible blocks) so that they have to figure out the level for themselves. It's not like the fact that it's there forces people to use it. Why remove a feature?

sohdbrimks wrote:Help
Add a "help" button next to control pannel/memberlist. This page would have all the numbers of levels (like 120 = under and over) and explain things like !time and perhaps put the rules there too.

This is a good idea. It could just be a link too. Also like the mute chat and no automatically scrolling chat suggestion. The latter is particularly irksome to me.

As for new ranks, I say forget them all. They just overcomplicate things. All the current ranks actually have permissions tied to them and serve a purpose. I agree with the "yep is not a clan" sentiment. While the elder and recruit ranks might be great for a clan, they're just badges here with no functional purpose, and I don't think they're a good idea.

Even what you have come up with so far is a huge list x.x It could take one person over a year to complete all this. Then again, I don't know how busy yck is.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:50 pm

sohdbrimks, I have added all your suggestions into my Original Posting.

Ozone Layer wrote:Make the "error of rotation" in designer go away.

What do you mean? I noticed no errors in rotating whatsoever. Can you please show me? Smile

princevladlin wrote:Why backgrounds and why no custom ones?
I think optional password should be kept. I guess the point of it is to keep people from seeing all the blocks you have placed (i.e. invisible blocks) so that they have to figure out the level for themselves. It's not like the fact that it's there forces people to use it. Why remove a feature?

Why backgrounds? Because it adds a fresh look and feeling. It's about time we have this because plain black is just so dull :p
No custom ones please because Y-EP doesn't want to deal with inappropriate images like blood, nude girls, so yeah, no custom ones.
And you're right, why remove a feature is it has some use. I have removed the password suggestion but I'm keeping the remove Search bar in level designer as this serves no purpose.

princevladlin wrote:As for new ranks, I say forget them all. They just overcomplicate things. All the current ranks actually have permissions tied to them and serve a purpose. I agree with the "yep is not a clan" sentiment. While the elder and recruit ranks might be great for a clan, they're just badges here with no functional purpose, and I don't think they're a good idea.

Even what you have come up with so far is a huge list x.x It could take one person over a year to complete all this. Then again, I don't know how busy yck is.

Let's just see what yck says about the ranks, or if he wants to deny it. And yes, it will take some time for changes to come but patience is key Smile
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:52 pm

Zenzational wrote:Why backgrounds? Because it adds a fresh look and feeling. It's about time we have this because plain black is just so dull :p
No custom ones please because Y-EP doesn't want to deal with inappropriate images like blood, nude girls, so yeah, no custom ones.

Fair enough. But did you just decide that yep doesn't want to deal with "inappropriate" images or has there been some consensus? (genuinely asking since I've never heard anyone talk about backgrounds before) Uni backgrounds are pretty boring too. It would be pretty easy to add custom backgrounds if backgrounds ever became a feature with some basic edits to the designer by a user, but I see how custom backgrounds would potentially be problematic. They could also be really cool though.

Also, offline level tester would make my life.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:02 pm

To Zen: Well...when you rotate axes, there is an error that makes the axe go maybe a few blocks somewhere else
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by holdonmyheart Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:49 am

princevladlin wrote:
As for new ranks, I say forget them all. They just overcomplicate things. All the current ranks actually have permissions tied to them and serve a purpose. I agree with the "yep is not a clan" sentiment. While the elder and recruit ranks might be great for a clan, they're just badges here with no functional purpose, and I don't think they're a good idea.

Agree 100% Smile
holdonmyheart
holdonmyheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:09 pm

Ozone Layer wrote:To Zen: Well...when you rotate axes, there is an error that makes the axe go maybe a few blocks somewhere else

Seems more like a level designer issue to me :p, But I'll add it to the bugs/issues topic.

Also, I added your suggestion of having the ability to make checkpoints from all flow- normal- no flow, and vice versa Smile
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfPain Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:12 am

New commands: 

New blocks: 
     - Trigger blocks: Once you step onto them it would activate a certain action to happen. For example: Letting blocks disappear or appear. Looking like a regular block but with a green border if it's untriggered. With a red border if it's triggered.
     - Moving Fuzz balls: Equivalent to those of the game 'Give Up'.
     - Ventilators: Equivalent to those of Exit Path 2.
GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:42 am

I didn't get that far in that game D:
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:37 pm

GhostOfPain, I have added all your suggestions into my original posting. Btw, I assume that you got the trigger blocks idea from EP Uniplayer? And the "Give UP" EP-like items are a nice addition to have in the game Smile

Ozone Layer wrote:I didn't get that far in that game D:
What, in Y-EP or Give UP? X)
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_dog Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:28 pm

I suggest disabling slowmotion in the racing rooms of armor games 1.0 to stop the cheat vs the other players who don't have it

And as it causes bugs and a lot of lag (especially time 1) then I also suggest disabling the changing of the timer too in rooms 1.0

guest_dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:37 pm

i agree guest dog, if we keep the timer consistantly running, everyone gets booted due to "inactivity" so disabling that will help stop that, or maybe only be allowed to reboot it once, (twice sometimes causes people to get kicked).
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:04 am

Nope i think we should still preserve this function Razz sometimes you would like to obtain information about a potential y-ep players and you may need to use this trick.

Moreover, i think solving the problem of "EP! room cannot spectate even with only YEP players" bug. Or just auto-kick all ppl in the room if the existing players are all 1.5

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:07 am

Zenzational wrote:GhostOfPain, I have added all your suggestions into my original posting. Btw, I assume that you got the trigger blocks idea from EP Uniplayer? And the "Give UP" EP-like items are a nice addition to have in the game Smile

Ozone Layer wrote:I didn't get that far in that game D:
What, in Y-EP or Give UP? X)
The coding reqiored will be a lot more complicated, as well as settings since there are many many possibilities.

In uniplayer, these events are customized by unique codes every level. (that means it is impractical to put it in designer)

Advanced level maker can still use property of falling spike.

Moreover, moving grinder is a good idea however, requires lots of scripting so it may not be a good idea since school resumes and lots of coding and settings are needed. (like speed, angle, change in speed etc.)

Putting a new item or function in a game is not easy as it sounds ^^

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 pm

GUYS.
HOW BOUT SOME MUSIC UP IN DIS BITCH!
we should have like an arrangement of music for people to change if they want like the top ten songs, and then like classic, hiphop, rap, classical, jazz, funk, disco and all that jazz (pun intended HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:59 pm

They could always just listen to the music on their computer.. Seems like a complicated thing to do and probably lag inducing.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Oh there are many quite great ideas , but seriously , if yck not see it , all the things just some rubbish...
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:57 pm

Just a suggestion:
When you get banned, please state who banned you, why they banned you, and quote from the modlog.
That's because if you get banned, you get directed to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and all that really tells you is that you've been banned (When I was banned the first time, I didn't even know why I was going to this page xD)
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Molgmaran Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:13 pm

Designer should have a "Select" feature that can move, delete, and copy paste selected regions.

There should be 4 spike items, 0 degree, 90 degree, 180 degree, and 270 degree, and you can still rotate them, just they start at that angle.

Falling spikes should be default pointed down.

Text blocks should be able to be any width, length, without distorting text.
(Possible addition to above) There would be "Lock text" option, then you could distort text by changing size.

Text in designer should actually correspond to what it looks like in game.

Text should be rotatable (why is there a rotate option if you can't see it?)

You should be able to find out who is in a room without joining.

Spikes should have same placing feature as half blocks, as well as being rotated (in Marathon, there are spikes on 2 blocks)
Molgmaran
Molgmaran

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:46 am

I was thinking that we could apply gravity to objects.

Basically this means that there can be objects falling.

If gravity is added, it would be necessary to allow objects to be able to enter teleporters so that when objects reach a certain point, they can go in a loop and create an effect for the level. check boxes would be added on teleporters indicating if the player, objects, or both can enter the teleporter.

This might be a really bad idea considering how much code it would take up, but it's a suggestion.

These features would create tons of new tricks, some of which are illustrated in the level that I just created.

gravity:

P.S. if a ~ occurs on the screen after the level name, recopy the code and press backspace 1 time and the end of the code, this has worked for me.

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggleinator3000 Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] If you're playing a hard level, you don't want loads of text covering the screen. Am I right?
squiggleinator3000
squiggleinator3000

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:48 pm

squiggleinator3000 wrote:If you're playing a hard level, you don't want loads of text covering the screen. Am I right?

In game chat has always been terrible and glitchy. Are you suggesting just having a universal chat box on the site below the game?
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by squiggleinator3000 Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:00 am

That would be cool too! I was thinking that it only appears when you're in lobby/a room, and you can only speak to the people that are with you... but I like your idea better.How about if you mute chat, you can't see it and people can't see you?

Another suggestion: private rooms. For one or more people.
squiggleinator3000
squiggleinator3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next