wopi2 attacking yep

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by AngelOfOreos on Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:15 pm

@wopi

The moderator system was introduced as YEP became larger, to manage who gets on and who can manage the place. With how large we've grown, and how many players we have, I think the moderator system is completely necessary to an extent, for sure.

The mentor rank is a nice idea, but maybe not as necessary.

What are you hinting at though?

_________________
-Angel of Oreos
avatar
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-09-23
Age : 18
Location : the mountains

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by wopi2 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:42 pm

AngelOfOreos wrote:@wopi

The moderator system was introduced as YEP became larger, to manage who gets on and who can manage the place. With how large we've grown, and how many players we have, I think the moderator system is completely necessary to an extent, for sure.

The mentor rank is a nice idea, but maybe not as necessary.

What are you hinting at though?

The moderator rank is both unnecessary and failing. They do not assert their power as a group. (If they did I would be banned from the forum and other examples such as NeonBolt, Jumper & nope). Furthermore unnecessary seen by the fact that normal Exit Path works without such a system and various other unrelated systems.

The mentor rank creates more permeability between groups. The effects of this are obvious albeit subjective.

I try to avoid being leading when asking a question.



wopi2

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 20
Location : The matrix

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by AngelOfOreos on Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:26 pm

About banning from this forum, only the admins can do so, Dragon and Pain, neither of whom have posted since you have been banned (So I assume they just haven't gotten to it). Why would we ban you from the forums anyways?

I'm not sure what you mean about leading for a question and all... I just ask and answer whatever and move on Razz

_________________
-Angel of Oreos
avatar
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-09-23
Age : 18
Location : the mountains

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by GhostOfPain on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:30 pm

wopi2 wrote:
AngelOfOreos wrote:@wopi

The moderator system was introduced as YEP became larger, to manage who gets on and who can manage the place. With how large we've grown, and how many players we have, I think the moderator system is completely necessary to an extent, for sure.

The mentor rank is a nice idea, but maybe not as necessary.

What are you hinting at though?

The moderator rank is both unnecessary and failing. They do not assert their power as a group. (If they did I would be banned from the forum and other examples such as NeonBolt, Jumper & nope). Furthermore unnecessary seen by the fact that normal Exit Path works without such a system and various other unrelated systems.

The mentor rank creates more permeability between groups. The effects of this are obvious albeit subjective.

I try to avoid being leading when asking a question.



Your argument about the moderator system failing is quite feeble, seeing as the only problem that would ever occur would be abusive matters. The fact that you're not banned on here has nothing to do with laziness or our incapability to assert as a group. It's as simple as the rules state it, you haven't done anything to the forum, thus you're not banned. Also, you're still commenting in the ban appeal section.
Apart from that why would we have the need to ban you from here this urgently?

Exit Path as the system is completely inequivalent to Y-EP, which is why it can't be compared. For example, think of abusive people, abusing the features we have, that cannot be punished or held down by staff other than Yck. It wouldn't work anywhere as smoothly as it does now.
avatar
GhostOfPain
Administrator

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by exitpathisveryfun123 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:00 pm

010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101010101010010101010100101010010101010100101010101010101010101010010101010010101010010110010101010100101010100101010101010010101010010101010010101010101001010101001010101010100010101010010101010010001110101
In English: we do we even have ranks? We only need, TP, and YCK. If you are on yck.... You should be trusted. Maybe we just need to be more careful on who we invite. And for the bans, report people to yck, if 5 or more reports from different people are about the same person, yck gives them a warning. (5 different people, only so that we can trust people, and to make sure 1 person isn't just reporting people for no reason)
avatar
exitpathisveryfun123

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-08-26
Age : 20
Location : why should i tell you?

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by GhostOfPain on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:09 pm

exitpathisveryfun123 wrote:In English: we do we even have ranks? We only need, TP, and YCK. If you are on yck.... You should be trusted. Maybe we just need to be more careful on who we invite. And for the bans, report people to yck, if 5 or more reports from different people are about the same person, yck gives them a warning. (5 different people, only so that we can trust people, and to make sure 1 person isn't just reporting people for no reason)

Do you assume Yck is online at all given times when something like this happens?
avatar
GhostOfPain
Administrator

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by princevladlin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:27 pm

exitpathisveryfun123 wrote:
In English: we do we even have ranks? We only need, TP, and YCK. If you are on yck.... You should be trusted. Maybe we just need to be more careful on who we invite. And for the bans, report people to yck, if 5 or more reports from different people are about the same person, yck gives them a warning. (5 different people, only so that we can trust people, and to make sure 1 person isn't just reporting people for no reason)

Yck can't handle everything. There are ranks so that one person doesn't have to devote their life to ensuring that any problems are quickly taken care of.

exitpathisveryfun123 wrote:
Lol, my brother is not wopi. You can check IP addresses for proof.
.
IP doesn't prove anything, but I think that wopi is idkwhattocall just as much as I am Stephen Harper.

_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by wopi2 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:29 pm

GhostOfPain wrote:
wopi2 wrote:
AngelOfOreos wrote:@wopi

The moderator system was introduced as YEP became larger, to manage who gets on and who can manage the place. With how large we've grown, and how many players we have, I think the moderator system is completely necessary to an extent, for sure.

The mentor rank is a nice idea, but maybe not as necessary.

What are you hinting at though?

The moderator rank is both unnecessary and failing. They do not assert their power as a group. (If they did I would be banned from the forum and other examples such as NeonBolt, Jumper & nope). Furthermore unnecessary seen by the fact that normal Exit Path works without such a system and various other unrelated systems.

The mentor rank creates more permeability between groups. The effects of this are obvious albeit subjective.

I try to avoid being leading when asking a question.



Your argument about the moderator system failing is quite feeble, seeing as the only problem that would ever occur would be abusive matters. The fact that you're not banned on here has nothing to do with laziness or our incapability to assert as a group. It's as simple as the rules state it, you haven't done anything to the forum, thus you're not banned. Also, you're still commenting in the ban appeal section.
Apart from that why would we have the need to ban you from here this urgently?

Exit Path as the system is completely inequivalent to Y-EP, which is why it can't be compared. For example, think of abusive people, abusing the features we have, that cannot be punished or held down by staff other than Yck. It wouldn't work anywhere as smoothly as it does now.

Feeble? You lack evidence in your counter argument. Furthermore I do not mean to say your are lazy because you are not however you do fail to assert yourself as shown through my examples. You should ban me in order to show that power can be asserted. The reason why I'm commenting in the ban appeal section is because It shows that I have been banned from Y-EP and hence partially removed from the community yet not entirely, again failure to assert authority.

They can be compared as they are the same thing to a certain extent. The main abusive feature of Y-EP is...oh wait the system itself not the game. Leave it as a game and there wouldn't be abuse

wopi2

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 20
Location : The matrix

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by GhostOfPain on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:04 pm

wopi2 wrote:
GhostOfPain wrote:
wopi2 wrote:
AngelOfOreos wrote:@wopi

The moderator system was introduced as YEP became larger, to manage who gets on and who can manage the place. With how large we've grown, and how many players we have, I think the moderator system is completely necessary to an extent, for sure.

The mentor rank is a nice idea, but maybe not as necessary.

What are you hinting at though?

The moderator rank is both unnecessary and failing. They do not assert their power as a group. (If they did I would be banned from the forum and other examples such as NeonBolt, Jumper & nope). Furthermore unnecessary seen by the fact that normal Exit Path works without such a system and various other unrelated systems.

The mentor rank creates more permeability between groups. The effects of this are obvious albeit subjective.

I try to avoid being leading when asking a question.



Your argument about the moderator system failing is quite feeble, seeing as the only problem that would ever occur would be abusive matters. The fact that you're not banned on here has nothing to do with laziness or our incapability to assert as a group. It's as simple as the rules state it, you haven't done anything to the forum, thus you're not banned. Also, you're still commenting in the ban appeal section.
Apart from that why would we have the need to ban you from here this urgently?

Exit Path as the system is completely inequivalent to Y-EP, which is why it can't be compared. For example, think of abusive people, abusing the features we have, that cannot be punished or held down by staff other than Yck. It wouldn't work anywhere as smoothly as it does now.

Feeble? You lack evidence in your counter argument. Furthermore I do not mean to say your are lazy because you are not however you do fail to assert yourself as shown through my examples. You should ban me in order to show that power can be asserted. The reason why I'm commenting in the ban appeal section is because It shows that I have been banned from Y-EP and hence partially removed from the community yet not entirely, again failure to assert authority.

They can be compared as they are the same thing to a certain extent. The main abusive feature of Y-EP is...oh wait the system itself not the game. Leave it as a game and there wouldn't be abuse

I don't like repeating myself as to why there's a need for moderators to a certain degree, just reread my comment from before.
You've abused your position on Y-EP and were therefor punished for doing so. What purpose would the ban appeals forum have if a person that has been banned on Y-EP cannot apply for a re-invitation or a change of mind about that person's actions? -There's no failure to assert authority in you not being banned or completely eradicated from here.

Y-EP surely opens all these possibilities, but it also takes a person to abuse the power given to him.
avatar
GhostOfPain
Administrator

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by princevladlin on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:05 pm

wopi2 wrote:

Feeble? You lack evidence in your counter argument. Furthermore I do not mean to say your are lazy because you are not however you do fail to assert yourself as shown through my examples. You should ban me in order to show that power can be asserted. The reason why I'm commenting in the ban appeal section is because It shows that I have been banned from Y-EP and hence partially removed from the community yet not entirely, again failure to assert authority.

They can be compared as they are the same thing to a certain extent. The main abusive feature of Y-EP is...oh wait the system itself not the game. Leave it as a game and there wouldn't be abuse

Assert our authority? Can you point out where it has been declared that ep is a zoo? Are we wolves fighting over a deer carcass? I fail to understand why you think banning people on a forum based on something they did elsewhere out of some baseless, irrational fear is a good idea. If anything it's just further evidence that we're not some totalitarian structure that is deathly afraid of and threatened by people blowing smoke. You suggest that yep is abusive and yet claim that this forum's staff should have banned you and abused the rules. There is no need for a "counter argument" or "evidence" when you have no argument or evidence in the first place.

_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Ozone Layer on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:32 pm

@wopi

You DEFINITELY have a point because YOU are the abusive person.

Moderators, I feel, have certain powers that, while contribute to the yep community, may possibly control it. By placing a limit on certain powers ( I felt that a limit on changing ranks in a certain period of time is a good example ), the yep community will benefit in the long term.

Also, don't you think we are inching back towards our long gone argument on ranking before our old forum was shut down?
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Xakaze on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:45 pm

I wonder why you waste your time replying. He is obviously toying with you.
However, @prince @Pain : It's always a pleasure to read your english guys. I always learn new words / expressions, thanks for that ^^

Xakaze

Posts : 421
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Ozone Layer on Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:10 pm

Because obviously my English is not advanced enough. I just like to keep my replys perspicuous enough so you can actually understand. -_-
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:39 am

It's pretty basic why we have moderators. It's pretty much the same reason there are ranks in any coordinated system of people. There is only so much the person with the highest amount of power can do, given a limit on time and probably the desire to have a life beyond maintaining a website. Not too many events actually require intervention on the highest ranked level. I am not sure why you think that a return to sole management by Yck would be a good idea, in which case there would not be any sort of management structure beyond what Yck could do himself. Any leader in any capacity is limited by what he or she can do, is capable of doing, or even wants to do. A return to having Yck decide everything is a regressive step that simply ignores both the human and personal limitations Yck faces, and it also removes the management capabilities currently in place to deal with the problems most immediate in the community. Not every problem requires a high level resolution; indeed, most incidents can be handled on a small scale. The distribution of power can allow for a more seamless management of any community. The incident with you illustrates that we need to be more careful in this distribution.
avatar
Guest_Phoenix94305

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Nabbit on Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:02 pm

Xakaze wrote:I wonder why you waste your time replying. He is obviously toying with you.

This. He wants us to ban him from the forums so we look bad for banning him although he did nothing on the forums.

Just because his writing is to die for doesn't mean he's saying anything intelligent and deserves an intelligent answer.

wopiprinceandpaingivemeyourwritingplz
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Retrocrystallix on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Is posting offensive material on the forums against one of the rules?
To me, it seems Wopi is doing this, as well as disrupting a caring and trusting community.

Banning him would only preventing him from spreading more of these.... "ideas" of his.
And wopi, I only want to understand why you chose to do this... and why now. A few of us would like to know something a little more concrete than your "social experiment" and raves against the supposed "tyranny" of the Y-Ep management system.

Please, enlighten me. And please don't play with me Wink

Retrocrystallix

Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-07-31
Location : Come and catch me ^.^

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Ozone Layer on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:51 pm

Offensive material in my definition is bullying, NUDE PICTURES (lol) and other obvious things.

Wopi is not really bullying anyone, hes just funny hehehe
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by exitpathisveryfun123 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:24 am

If I told you I was famous, would you believe me?
No, you say? I will say yes, and prove it. Definition of famous: people know you that you don't know. I don't know any of you in real life (besides idk)
avatar
exitpathisveryfun123

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-08-26
Age : 20
Location : why should i tell you?

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Nabbit on Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:41 am

Retrocrystallix wrote:Is posting offensive material on the forums against one of the rules?
To me, it seems Wopi is doing this, as well as disrupting a caring and trusting community.

Banning him would only preventing him from spreading more of these.... "ideas" of his.
And wopi, I only want to understand why you chose to do this... and why now. A few of us would like to know something a little more concrete than your "social experiment" and raves against the supposed "tyranny" of the Y-Ep management system.

Please, enlighten me. And please don't play with me Wink

We're all simply talking to him, and he's talking to us. Nothing offensive or obnoxious going on like spamming.

I liked Wopi in the past, and it's sad that he started acting like this. However, I doubt he'll ever give us an answer we can be sure about, as is with most things in life. We should all just let it go.
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by sohdbrimks on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:09 am

I don't care about any of this, but I just wanted to say that wopi looks like a fedora-wearing autist in his posts
"social experiment"? "asserting authority"? lol who gives a shit
avatar
sohdbrimks

Posts : 188
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Ozone Layer on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:07 am

xD funniest shit ever.
Maybe he's high on something
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Retrocrystallix on Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Nabbit wrote:
Retrocrystallix wrote:Is posting offensive material on the forums against one of the rules?
To me, it seems Wopi is doing this, as well as disrupting a caring and trusting community.

Banning him would only preventing him from spreading more of these.... "ideas" of his.
And wopi, I only want to understand why you chose to do this... and why now. A few of us would like to know something a little more concrete than your "social experiment" and raves against the supposed "tyranny" of the Y-Ep management system.

Please, enlighten me. And please don't play with me Wink

We're all simply talking to him, and he's talking to us. Nothing offensive or obnoxious going on like spamming.

I liked Wopi in the past, and it's sad that he started acting like this. However, I doubt he'll ever give us an answer we can be sure about, as is with most things in life. We should all just let it go.

We can always try, right? Wink

Retrocrystallix

Posts : 91
Join date : 2013-07-31
Location : Come and catch me ^.^

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Steinwayartist on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Retrocrystallix wrote:
Nabbit wrote:
Retrocrystallix wrote:Is posting offensive material on the forums against one of the rules?
To me, it seems Wopi is doing this, as well as disrupting a caring and trusting community.

Banning him would only preventing him from spreading more of these.... "ideas" of his.
And wopi, I only want to understand why you chose to do this... and why now. A few of us would like to know something a little more concrete than your "social experiment" and raves against the supposed "tyranny" of the Y-Ep management system.

Please, enlighten me. And please don't play with me Wink

We're all simply talking to him, and he's talking to us. Nothing offensive or obnoxious going on like spamming.

I liked Wopi in the past, and it's sad that he started acting like this. However, I doubt he'll ever give us an answer we can be sure about, as is with most things in life. We should all just let it go.

We can always try, right? Wink
It is always worth a try, just because in the past it wasnt successful doesn't mean we cant give our best foot forward. However, i feel as if you are right with just letting it go. That giving our attention to it is unhealthy and not what our community needs. It has to end at some point, and if we focus on what our future holds rather than what our past held, it will appear much brighter. (my 2 cents)

Peace and Love

_________________
Steinwayartist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Moderator of customs site
avatar
Steinwayartist

Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 19
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by princevladlin on Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:38 pm

Steinwayartist wrote:
It is always worth a try, just because in the past it wasnt successful doesn't mean we cant give our best foot forward. However, i feel as if you are right with just letting it go. That giving our attention to it is unhealthy and not what our community needs. It has to end at some point, and if we focus on what our future holds rather than what our past held, it will appear much brighter. (my 2 cents)

Peace and Love

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Nabbit on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:18 am

princevladlin wrote:
Steinwayartist wrote:
It is always worth a try, just because in the past it wasnt successful doesn't mean we cant give our best foot forward. However, i feel as if you are right with just letting it go. That giving our attention to it is unhealthy and not what our community needs. It has to end at some point, and if we focus on what our future holds rather than what our past held, it will appear much brighter. (my 2 cents)

Peace and Love

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My sarcasm senses are tingling. I come forth.
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: wopi2 attacking yep

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum