Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saving levels as .xml files

2 posters

Go down

Saving levels as .xml files Empty Saving levels as .xml files

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:02 pm

I accidentally figured out that you can save/open levels using ctrl+s and ctrl+o. This saves the levels as .xml files. You can rotate objects and save them, but sometimes you can't reimport them. I'm trying to figure out a way to use this so that you can reopen levels with rotated objects in them. Anyone know anything about this?

Back to top Go down

Saving levels as .xml files Empty Re: Saving levels as .xml files

Post by AngelOfOreos Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:21 pm

Rotated objects behave the same way with exporting/importing xml as they do with simply hitting "import" on the code you paste in the level maker. Currently you will never be able to open an object with rotated objects still in their places.

Sorry to burst the bubble there...

Btw... Exporting to XML is basically just adding a layer of encoding on top of your code. If you save a level to XML, sure.. you can open it again, but you'll never have the code with the rotated objects in place if you do that. Don't save the level to XML and close the editor, be sure you've got the completed code before you close any level with rotated objects. (I learned the hard way) I've done a little testing with the original (v1) designer and rotated objects seem to behave alright in some cases, although I'm not entirely sure why.

I'll do some more testing if you'd like, and send you the old editors maybe? Wink
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:43 pm

There are old editors? I did not know....

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:34 am

There was one, which had a button for .xml export. As far as I can remember there was no issue with the rotated stuff with that version. Yck made a new version (the current one) to allow the levels to be twice bigger. (A block was 8 characters long, and now it's 4).
Btw, there is no compatibility between the two versions. If you want to make your own tests, you can find the old designer here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:37 am

Hmmmm. I notice that there is no red rectangle in the old one. Do lasers and blocks still glitch in the old one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down