Yck-Exit Path: REPORT BUGS & PROBLEMS HERE!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yck-Exit Path: REPORT BUGS & PROBLEMS HERE!!

Post by Zenzational on Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:53 am

Hello, you may report any bugs you have ran into recently here in this topic. Please DO NOT report custom levels bugs or glitches, that can be reported to the rightful owner of the level. Also do not report Uniplayer bugs or Armor Games login issues as these are not associated by the creator, yck1509. I will add all bugs/problems that are pointed out in the comments into my Original Post (OP). Hopefully, yck1509 can get a glimpse of this and squish those bugs and fix those issues. Also, this will let everyone know that there are current unfixed bugs and problems. Again, please do not report custom level bugs/glitches, Uniplayer issues, or Armor Game login issues. As the bugs and problem fixes, I will notify everyone by striking through the bug. Report here and take a look at the current bugs Smile

Current Issues and Bugs:

-Level name fails to display in lobby when someone inputs a level.
-Levels without start or end result in a glitching and freezing room.
-Inputting time value of alphabets, decimals, or negatives result in resetting back to 25 seconds.
-Occasions where people can join in-game games but redirects them to lobbies (inputting the credits level and starting it when the in-game finishes can cause major confusion and disruption).
-Occasions where different people can play different levels at the same time in the same lobby (if a person ends, count-down timer will affect everyone).
-Occasions where a stop-light at the beginning (that won't work) in a dark transparent background can ruin gameplay.
-Occasions where lasers won't work at all.
-Timer lags when host or other people are laggy.
-Inputting "!level 1" will actually result in playing level 2 of uniplayer. Continues all the way to "!level 30" (credits level).
-Rotating axes will cause it to move a couple blocks somewhere else (error of rotation).
-Logging out will cause you to become a "null" player.
-Occasions where timer won't count down and is stuck at 5 seconds (even if you change it).
-In levels that don't support slow motion pause, you can move while still typing (called the Moonwalk glitch by wopi2)

Anymore bugs or issues, report them in the comments. Smile
BTW, if you have any pictures or videos of EP bugs, comment them and I will insert them into this post.

Last edited by Zenzational on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Re: Yck-Exit Path: REPORT BUGS & PROBLEMS HERE!!

Post by Excitement1000 on Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Occasions where a stop-light at the beginning (that won't work) in a dark transparent background can ruin gameplay.
and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Timer lags when host or other people are laggy.

Happened on AG EP all the time before Y-EP was created.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Occasions where lasers won't work at all.

Which levels? I haven't noticed anything like that.

Excitement1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:27 am

Well in designer, lasers don't work outside the red box.

When you rotate axes, there is an error of rotation, and it will be moved somewhere else by a few blocks.
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational on Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Happened on AG EP all the time before Y-EP was created.

Well even though it happened on AG before Y-EP, I still think yck1509 should fix it since it is a multiplayer bug. :p

Excitement100 wrote:Which levels? I haven't noticed anything like that.

Well some lasers don't work outside red outline in designer and some lasers don't work if they're not rotated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:When you rotate axes, there is an error of rotation, and it will be moved somewhere else by a few blocks.

Alright, noted the bug in my Original posting. Smile
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin on Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:21 pm

I was playing in an ag lobby today that someone joined (presumably from YEP because they were a scissorman) and chat broke. This happened on several occasions (can type and hit enter but nothing shows up in chat).

princevladlin
Administrator

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational on Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I was playing in an ag lobby today that someone joined (presumably from YEP because they were a scissorman) and chat broke. This happened on several occasions (can type and hit enter but nothing shows up in chat).
I think the scissorman appearance is fixed now. Yck also fixed that problem I think.

Well, theres 1 bug thats been fixed.
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin on Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I was playing in an ag lobby today that someone joined (presumably from YEP because they were a scissorman) and chat broke. This happened on several occasions (can type and hit enter but nothing shows up in chat).
I think the scissorman appearance is fixed now. Yck also fixed that problem I think.

Well, theres 1 bug thats been fixed.
Scissorman still happens to me (past three days). Colours the same but you get the scissors.

princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I was disconnected for inactivity yesterday 5 times in a row even though I was actively playing. I am clueless as to the cause of this and don't know if it is something that can be fixed, so hopefully it will go away.

princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I was disconnected for inactivity yesterday 5 times in a row even though I was actively playing. I am clueless as to the cause of this and don't know if it is something that can be fixed, so hopefully it will go away.
Has happened to me twice. I tried looking into it but with no knowledge of any causes I didn't get far...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Occasions where a stop-light at the beginning (that won't work) in a dark transparent background can ruin gameplay.
Caused when a YEP TP/Auth uses !time x right as the server loads the level. Remember in v1 EP how you thought it was cool to get your chat message in at the last second and it would show during the race? Same timing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Timer lags when host or other people are laggy.
This can't really be avoided...[/quote]

Cookie
Cookie

http://www.thebomb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I was disconnected for inactivity yesterday 5 times in a row even though I was actively playing. I am clueless as to the cause of this and don't know if it is something that can be fixed, so hopefully it will go away.
Has happened to me twice. I tried looking into it but with no knowledge of any causes I didn't get far...
this has happened to me at least twice as well

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:02 pm

Had this happen earlier... kind of on purpose, but I have no clue exactly how it is caused.

The "nulling" glitch, where you hit "logout" for your AG account, and connect to the multiplayer servers as "null." Upon join lobbies or spectating them, a number of random errors occurs, some causing you to join the game running as a spectator, another messing up the lobby display and clock, and another disabling your in game speech even when you join and race.

Anyone know what causes it specifically?

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Inputting time value of alphabets, decimals, or negatives result in resetting back to 25 seconds.
Does this bug matter to anyone? And what should happen? I personally wouldn't waste my time changing this so that something else happens.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Occasions where people can join in-game games but redirects them to lobbies (inputting the credits level and starting it when the in-game finishes can cause major confusion and disruption).
-Occasions where different people can play different levels at the same time in the same lobby (if a person ends, count-down timer will affect everyone).
This is a problem only when someone loads the credits level. Solution? Maybe just disable the credits level.

This is a problem in the original.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Inputting "!level 1" will actually result in playing level 2 of uniplayer. Continues all the way to "!level 30" (credits level).
Actually, this is true for every level. So putting in "!level 100" loads level 101, and so forth.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Logging out will cause you to become a "null" player.
Happens in the original too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Occasions where timer won't count down and is stuck at 5 seconds (even if you change it).
Happens in AG too. This sometimes happens when there's some sort of problem with the host. This is what the "Me Be Host" button was intended to fix, as usually if someone becomes the host, the clock will start counting down again.
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:-Logging out will cause you to become a "null" player.
i tried that yesterday just for fun : )
ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Password bug issue solved+tips for spechal rooms

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 pm

I know why the glitch happens (I tried it out with some other people to make sure that ahat was the cause) when you type a name for a room and then press enter (you will know cause the the name of the room will disappear) then create the room the bug will appear and other people won't be able to join cause a message will appear when you try to join saying "password is wrong" or something like that the bug only occurs then and not in any other case it will also occur every time you do it this bug is great for if you are practicing and you want people
To stay away and if you want a private chat then open a new tab on AG create a new room have you and the other person(s) join then go back to the AG tab and close that tab no one
else can spectate and you can chat privately in the case of a tourney wait untill the lobby fills with all of the people in the tourney (to prevent levels from starting) then have one of the players create a room for tourney call it Tourney or something like that then when people join the score keeper will spectate and do his/her job there tourney mentors/mods will also spectate
Hope this was helpful
ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:53 am

idkwhattocall wrote:I know why the glitch happens (I tried it out with some other people to make sure that ahat was the cause) when you type a name for a room and then press enter (you will know cause the the name of the room will disappear) then create the room the bug will appear and other people won't be able to join cause a message will appear when you try to join saying "password is wrong" or something like that the bug only occurs then and not in any other case it will also occur every time you do it this bug is great for if you are practicing and you want people
To stay away and if you want a private chat then open a new tab on AG create a new room have you and the other person(s) join then go back to the AG tab and close that tab no one
else can spectate and you can chat privately in the case of a tourney wait untill the lobby fills with all of the people in the tourney (to prevent levels from starting) then have one of the players create a room for tourney call it Tourney or something like that then when people join the score keeper will spectate and do his/her job there tourney mentors/mods will also spectate
Hope this was helpful
Moving this into the bugs report thread.

This bug is due to yck1509 testing a room password feature I believe... It is still pretty unknown among us.

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 pm

:0 I absoluty disagree of the set of room password , that will make the relationship between players become more and more far
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote::0 I absoluty disagree of the set of room password , that will make the relationship between players become more and more far
I agree with you, but that is a topic for another thread... Feel free to make one (:

Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top