Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verification system is terrible

+6
Nabbit
The Assassin
princevladlin
ExitPathGirl16
dragon144
TroIIingTroll
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we cancel the auth system?

Verification system is terrible I_vote_lcap79%Verification system is terrible I_vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
Verification system is terrible I_vote_lcap21%Verification system is terrible I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Verification system is terrible Empty Verification system is terrible

Post by TroIIingTroll Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:36 am

HOPE no one will ignore this topic.

It affect the number of participants in tournament

After the sign up of my tournament start , I got 2 problems

1. Unauth user in forum , do not know my tournament

2. Unauth user know the purpose of the tournament , but they cannot see the details

It makes the number of participants decrease seriously

In 2013 , the number of participants in Offical Racing Tournament I over 15 , but now I only have 9 participants , the reason must have the problem of auth system in forum.

Auth system is USELESS

I see some topic about auth system , and I see it can confirm the username in yck1509 exit path , but it do not have any usage of confirm the username , and also , the forum still can work without the auth system , it will not come across any problem if lost the auth system. Why we have to set this?

New player cannot integrate into this community

After the new player come to this community , they have many thing that they do not know , after they sign this forum , they are unauth so they do not know everything , and they will come across many difficulties when they ask for the other mods for auth in forum

Please cancel the forum auth system immediately!!!
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Verification system is terrible Empty Re: Verification system is terrible

Post by TroIIingTroll Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:57 am

Don't forget to vote after reading!
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 am

i vote no. Reason: impersonation occurred b4

ill make your tournament global announcement then

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:51 pm

dragon144 wrote:i vote no. Reason: impersonation occurred b4

you seem to be alone on your vote.

Yet again, you are a mod, and you have power so....yeah.

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:51 pm

Impersonations? If idkw is not equal to epivf in yck1509 exit path , no impersonation is occurred before.

And also impersonation will not kill this forum , so you don't have to make the rules that unauthed cannot watched another topic , new player will be annoyed , since they don't know the moderator and administrator in this forum
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:27 am

And also , my friend , ricowin900 go to my tournamenmt topic today ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) , he saw my racing tournament details is there ,
Details of my tournament does ricowin900 see:

..., lol
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Then , let see how active does your moderators and administrators be .
I started be super active after my examination. I only see very few of your staff in forum are active , and some days , i never see any staff in forum in a day , I always be online in half day. So , how the new players connect your forum staff ? Stop hidden yourselves or being inactive plz.

Let us see when they will give me reply with these three comment with their inaction.
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:40 pm

TroIIingTroll wrote:Then , let see how active does your moderators and administrators be .
I started be super active after my examination. I only see very few of your staff in forum are active , and some days , i never see any staff in forum in a day , I always be online in half day. So , how the new players connect your forum staff ? Stop hidden yourselves or being inactive plz.

Let us see when they will give me reply with these three comment with their inaction.

I'm online frequently, just not for long periods of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:22 pm

TroIIingTroll wrote:Then , let see how active does your moderators and administrators be .

I can't speak for any of the other staff members, but I'm not hiding myself. I generally check my PMs pretty quickly after getting them. The authorization process is fairly simple, and it shouldn't really be a problem for anyone provided they follow the steps (i.e. actually PM me or another staff member).

However, I do agree that the auth system isn't necessarily necessary. We have had impersonation in the past (though it was obvious without the authorization system and dealt with accordingly). I personally think it's useful to confirm that the same person owns an account both on the forum and on yep. I don't necessarily think it's useful to prevent people who haven't confirmed this from viewing and replying on the forums (especially if a person doesn't even have a yep account). If the other admins and members agreed, I'd be open to getting rid of the viewing and replying restrictions and instead distinguishing between confirmed and non-authorized accounts visually (i.e. different coloured names so that forum members could distinguish them).
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:14 am

why a people who don't have yck1509 exit path account have to register account there ? Destroy this ? Impossible. If they registered account there , that means they are really interested into this community , so they can join this.
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Assassin Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:31 am

Auth, sumtimes seems not important Sometimes seems Important. Its Important cus its because they have trusted us. Not Important for like u said that 2 probs i dont know wat to say. alright im Going for Yes.

Last edited by The Assassin on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a Wrong.)

The Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Auth system is useless; get rid of it. Impersonation happens rarely, and we've handled it fine in the past without it. Lets not live in fear of the one guy that tries to screw up the site annually.

Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:41 pm

dragon144 wrote:i vote no. Reason: impersonation occurred b4

Are you still against it? We could keep still keep the auth process/group but make it so that non-authorized members still could view and post without the current restrictions.

I'm voting to get rid of the restrictions. I think they do more harm than good.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:00 pm

I vote to remove the restrictions as well.

(PS, what was the impersonation event?)
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:33 am

Guest_Phoenix94305 wrote:I vote to remove the restrictions as well.

(PS, what was the impersonation event?)

Someone impersonated KrissKhan. There was only one post before the fake account was banned though.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:47 am

Okay, wait, so what is the justification of this system then? We have had one (1) impersonation, which was dealt with after (1) one post. I cannot tell if any damage had been done, but I think that, if it were actually significant, I would have heard about it? I believe that this is overcautious by far, given that info. Basically everyone suffers because of an attempt to address a problem that was quickly addressed and led to no further problems... I still of course oppose the restrictions, but I definitely do not see a reason that supports the massive change in security the forum "auth" system brought about. Now, it may still have merits...
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:08 am

Guest_Phoenix94305 wrote:Okay, wait, so what is the justification of this system then? We have had one (1) impersonation, which was dealt with after (1) one post.  I cannot tell if any damage had been done, but I think that, if it were actually significant, I would have heard about it?  I believe that this is overcautious by far, given that info.  Basically everyone suffers because of an attempt to address a problem that was quickly addressed and led to no further problems...  I still of course oppose the restrictions, but I definitely do not see a reason that supports the massive change in security the forum "auth" system brought about.  Now, it may still have merits...

Well it also could help to prevent the same person from making multiple accounts for spamming or for other reasons (though ip ban is usually sufficient). GhostOfPain brought up the idea after we had to ban quite a few people (at least for the small size of the site). It potentially makes moderation easier. There's been enough crazy shit that's happened (i.e. wopi claiming to be idk), so I don't think a more serious impersonation attempt is that unrealistic. It's potentially useful to know that people are who they say they are. If anything I'd say it's the implementation that's flawed. I personally lean towards having as much as the forum viewable as possible (even to non-members), though I understand why some people are against this.

I honestly don't think that even if we lifted all restrictions that it would really change how active the forum is. I don't see the auth system as it currently is to be as much of a hinderance as it's made out to be here, but I'll talk over forum permissions with the other mods and admins, and hopefully we can reach some agreement. I'd love to get anyone else's input here as well on specifics. For now, it's hopefully not a problem since the tournament has been made a global announcement.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:57 pm

This forum is like our Sénat (Senate in english ?) : It takes forever to take a decision that everyone wants and that could be applied in 10 seconds. Bureaucracy...

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:55 pm

Xakaze wrote:This forum is like our Sénat (Senate in english ?) : It takes forever to take a decision that everyone wants and that could be applied in 10 seconds. Bureaucracy...
True, but is there that much harm from it in this case? The specific problem mentioned here was fixed pretty quickly (people not being able to view the tournament). I don't think it's really that accurate a comparison, particularly because whethere we make a decision today or tomorrow doesn't have the potential to affect whether or not people live or die. Would it be preferable if I just went against the other admins' wishes? The auth system wasn't just put into place by one admin without even asking anyone else their opinion. There are multiple admins for a reason. I could do it against Dragon's and possibly Pain's wishes, and I will if don't get a response because it's clear that people don't like how things currently are.

I apologize for the wait, but I think proper communication between the admins and moderators (and normal users) on specifics is more important than rushing to change things here. If you want to contribute, then feel free to give your opinion on what subforums should be viewable to non-members for example. This thread addresses a problem, but no one has even attempted to give a specific solution. "Get rid of the auth system" doesn't take into account the complexity of forum permissions. For one, it doesn't take into consideration that the auth system has no effect on those who haven't registered for the forum. I realize that I may just end up deciding on these things by myself since not a lot of people will respond, but is it truly that undesirable for me to ask the forum users who voted here to actually voice their opinions on specifics? Should non-members be able to view levels or tournaments? Should members who haven't been confirmed have write access in every subforum? Those are questions that are actually relevant; they are not answered by this poll. The most specific suggestion in this thread comes from TroIIingTroll who seems to suggest that all write restrictions be removed on all members. Everything else is mostly vague or unhelpful in this regard.

Would it be preferable if the forum was more like a system of government where the people brought up a problem and then the government acted however it saw fit without even first getting any input from the people on specifically what they wanted changed?
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Well you are probably aware about the fact that I'm not an english speaker, so it's absolutly impossible for me to write 20 lines as you just did. Unless I do it in French, and in that case no problem, I do that tonight.
However what I can say is that I find a bit odd that admins/moderators here have almost all left YEP - by 'left' I ofc mean 'stopped playing EP'. That's why - imo - everything is taking so long here. It's not a problem of 'brainstorming' or something, it's only a matter of involvement/implication.
Actually I'm not even criticizing it, because we all have a life besides EP (hopefully ^^). But it's still a fact : less implication of leaders = slower decisions = ppl get angry faster when something goes wrong.
To summerize : hire some active players as moderators/admins here and things should get better I think. (Just in case : I'm not interested ^^)

PS : I typed that in one go, so forgive the hundreds of english mistakes I probably committed. Thanks.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCamaro Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:31 pm

I guess the auth system would be okay if everyone can at least see the levels and tournaments. I personally found it complicated to become an auth. I am really bad with computers and had a really hard time figuring out how to send Pain a message on the forum. Maybe it would be better if you just have too confirm your forum account on yck, instead of here also.
TheCamaro
TheCamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:00 pm

Xakaze wrote:Well you are probably aware about the fact that I'm not an english speaker, so it's absolutly impossible for me to write 20 lines as you just did. Unless I do it in French, and in that case no problem, I do that tonight.
However what I can say is that I find a bit odd that admins/moderators here have almost all left YEP - by 'left' I ofc mean 'stopped playing EP'. That's why - imo - everything is taking so long here.  It's not a problem of 'brainstorming' or something, it's only a matter of involvement/implication.
Actually I'm not even criticizing it, because we all have a life besides EP (hopefully ^^). But it's still a fact : less implication of leaders = slower decisions = ppl get angry faster when something goes wrong.
To summerize : hire some active players as moderators/admins here and things should get better I think. (Just in case : I'm not interested ^^)

PS : I typed that in one go, so forgive the hundreds of english mistakes I probably committed. Thanks.

Well I don't think that deciding on specific forum permissions is entirely relevant to involvement on yep unless there's talk there about it, but you're right that some of the active staff here aren't active on yep (including myself) and don't know how things are going there. Some of the others are, but part of the problem is that the forum doesn't have that many active members in the first place. It's a shame that you aren't interested, but if you have any recommendations for other mods here feel free to give them. I have one person in mind at least.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:27 pm

And is this topic is dead? Nope , problem is not solved. I think that many peoples in there is agree for remove auth system , but are we just talking there and no action? 15>3 , can we remove the system first and have 2 week trial about it.
I am not challenging yck1509 exit path and the forum , I just giving my suggestion and let all members in yck1509 exit path talk about it.
I want yck1509 exit path is improving not declining and dying.
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Let me just make an example.

The national defense system is useless for many many years.
However when you don't keep it and one day some psychopathic country invade that country, you are dead.
Although it is rare occurrence, it happens and happened.

Thats it.

Hence, I would suggest to give more power to unauthed members (e.g. view annocement and levels, just no commenting etc.) But still keep the system for those who want to join the community.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:24 pm

TroIIingTroll wrote:And is this topic is dead? Nope , problem is not solved. I think that many peoples in there is agree for remove auth system , but are we just talking there and no action? 15>3 , can we remove the system first and have 2 week trial about it.
I am not challenging yck1509 exit path and the forum , I just giving my suggestion and let all members in yck1509 exit path talk about it.
I want yck1509 exit path is improving not declining and dying.
What is the problem? I have addressed these points. "Remove the auth system" isn't a solution because it's not specific enough and going even by your statements the auth system (simply confirming accounts) isn't the problem. If you have specific suggestions about the permissions, feel free to give them. All members can now view and reply in the Tournament section. This solves any potential problem with low registration for tournaments because of the auth system. As for your point about new members wanting to know more, the help subforum (the one we're posting in) has never been restricted to just authorized members.

TheCamaro wrote:I guess the auth system would be okay if everyone can at least see the levels and tournaments. I personally found it complicated to become an auth. I am really bad with computers and had a really hard time figuring out how to send Pain a message on the forum. Maybe it would be better if you just have too confirm your forum account on yck, instead of here also.
I'm going to go over the post explaining it and add any details I feel are necessary to fully clarify the process (and possibly add pictures). I'm also going to change "authorization" to "verification" to prevent confusion with becoming an authorized member on YEP which means something else entirely.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum