Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it!

+6
TroIIingTroll
TheCamaro
wopi2
Malkoir
Don.Gato
AngelOfOreos
10 posters

Go down

Should we have to make a poll again for yck1509 revival?

Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! I_vote_lcap60%Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 9 ]
Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! I_vote_lcap40%Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 15

Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! Empty Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it!

Post by TroIIingTroll Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:37 am

After the long period poll , we decided another plan voting in the early 2015 , so let's do it! And here is something tips for the plans...
1. 1-2 people make a plan
2. yck can only do the small changes of the site but not for the game
3. If you don't have idea , you can go to there ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) that's the failed plans in 2012 , but don't copy all of them !
4. Deadline is January 31th
So... share you mind!

Last edited by TroIIingTroll on Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! Empty Re: Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it!

Post by Xakaze Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:31 pm

What exactly do you mean by 'YEP revival' ?

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it! Empty Re: Plans for yck1509 exit path revival 2015 , lets finish it!

Post by AngelOfOreos Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Vague enough that it just might work! (Not)
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:57 am

Haha voting is still holding
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Don.Gato Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:36 pm

It was stupid senseless drama then, it will be the same if it happens again.

All those 'Plans' people came up with were clearly not going to be implemented, there is no reason to rehash all of that crap...
Don.Gato
Don.Gato

Back to top Go down

Post by Malkoir Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:40 am

don completely spoke my mind
Malkoir
Malkoir

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:40 am

Actually those plan are not only ask yck to do thing , we can do something for revive , too
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am

As far as I am concerned, I find this topic completely pointless.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:15 am

lol xak so blunt

Back to top Go down

Post by wopi2 Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:05 am

Step 1: Go into 1.0 room
Step 2: Invite people

Not that hard really. Be proactive.

wopi2

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:25 pm

Honestly, we said that yep was dead ever since mid 2013, and here we are a year and a half later, we have less activity, but we are still running very strong, I think we will at least make it to 2016, which is incredible for a 2010 game.

Also, wb wopi Very Happy Very Happy

I'm surprised that you haven't posted here in a while, congrats on your uni time, and I hope that you get back in soon Very Happy Very Happy

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCamaro Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:37 am

Wopi plan is perfect. Very Happy

I can't invite people, but i was wondering, is it ok to talk in the game so I can try to teach new players some basic tricks and shortcuts? I type slow and don't get enough time to explain the moves I'm doing in the lobby.
TheCamaro
TheCamaro

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:58 pm

TheCamaro wrote:I can't invite people, but i was wondering, is it ok to talk in the game so I can try to teach new players some basic tricks and shortcuts? I type slow and don't get enough time to explain the moves I'm doing in the lobby.
I would say that's fine, I've done it before, and so have many other members, I'm not a mod, but I think it's ok

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:47 pm

TheCamaro wrote:I can't invite people, but i was wondering, is it ok to talk in the game so I can try to teach new players some basic tricks and shortcuts? I type slow and don't get enough time to explain the moves I'm doing in the lobby.

We're telling new TPs to not use their abilities on AG rooms to prevent abusive behavior from occuring, so I don't think it would be fair that some other players are allowed to do it, excepted under very specific circumstances.

So, in other words, it's a 'yes' but please make sure you're alone with that guy (or with some other YEP players) ^^

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:10 am

I think the result is out now , 55% people agree for it , so let's finish this drama now ! If you want to make a plan , think about it now! You can make it your own or with your partner ( not more than two people make a plan ) , I will change the topic name on Wednesday , and some reminders for make a plan
1. 1-2 people make a plan
2. Don't think yck is a superman and he can do everything! He is busy to save the world !
3. If you don't have idea , you can go to there ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) that's the failed plans in 2012 , but don't copy all of them !
4. Deadline is January 31th
So... share you mind!
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:52 am

ExitPathGirl's "Exit Plan"

First of all yep is a small and has a decreasing population, in no way are we dying, we'll keep gradually losing members until we become a ghost town, that is, unless we have an Exit Plan

We Need More New Players

If we are going to increase activity here on yep, we are going to have to have some new players here, and here are a few things that I suggest:

Take Advantage Of The AG Forums

They can be our greatest source of incoming players, we just need to have an active conservation here and we'll surely add some new players to EP.

Stop Being So Secretive About Yep

We can either choose to remain private and keep things the same in our small community, until we are eventually a ghost town, or we can a more open community, and see 2-3 times as many new members, this would include.

Stop Being Strict About Skill Required To Join Yep

Basically, we were all noobs at one point, and if we allow kind members of any skill level to join our site, I think that we would see a great benefit to the community in many ways.

Allow Trusted Players To Invite New Members

If we allow Trusted Players to invite new members, we would see many more players joining yep, and although there might be concerns, those with the Trusted Player rank are trusted by the staff, and should be able to invite new members.

We Need Better Moderation

For the last few months on the site, we've basically been run by Xakaze and Phoenix, and although we have other active moderators, Xak and Phoe seem to run the site, with the mentors having little say in what happens, and TP's and Someone's having almost no say, I think we need a better moderation, and I think that DonGato becoming a moderator is a step in the right direction.

We Won't See Any Major Changes To The Yep Site

In the year and half that I've been on the site, the only edition I've seen to the site is the addition of the Secret Hash, which was only ever used for one survey. I think it's safe to say that we won't see any major changes to the site in the foreseeable future.

Yck Should Communicate With Members More

Although Yck probably communicates with the staff somewhat frequently, if time allows him to, he should communicate with the rest of the community.

I'll post my plan as of now, which will be edited later.

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:58 pm

ExitPathGirl16 wrote:ExitPathGirl's "Exit Plan"

First of all yep is a small and has a decreasing population, in no way are we dying, we'll keep gradually losing members until we become a ghost town, that is, unless we have an Exit Plan

We Need More New Players

If we are going to increase activity here on yep, we are going to have to have some new players here, and here are a few things that I suggest:

Take Advantage Of The AG Forums

They can be our greatest source of incoming players, we just need to have an active conservation here and we'll surely add some new players to EP.

Stop Being So Secretive About Yep

We can either choose to remain private and keep things the same in our small community, until we are eventually a ghost town, or we can a more open community, and see 2-3 times as many new members, this would include.

Stop Being Strict About Skill Required To Join Yep

Basically, we were all noobs at one point, and if we allow kind members of any skill level to join our site, I think that we would see a great benefit to the community in many ways.

Allow Trusted Players To Invite New Members

If we allow Trusted Players to invite new members, we would see many more players joining yep, and although there might be concerns, those with the Trusted Player rank are trusted by the staff, and should be able to invite new members.

We Need Better Moderation

For the last few months on the site, we've basically been run by Xakaze and Phoenix, and although we have other active moderators, Xak and Phoe seem to run the site, with the mentors having little say in what happens, and TP's and Someone's having almost no say, I think we need a better moderation, and I think that DonGato becoming a moderator is a step in the right direction.

We Won't See Any Major Changes To The Yep Site

In the year and half that I've been on the site, the only edition I've seen to the site is the addition of the Secret Hash, which was only ever used for one survey. I think it's safe to say that we won't see any major changes to the site in the foreseeable future.

Yck Should Communicate With Members More

Although Yck probably communicates with the staff somewhat frequently, if time allows him to, he should communicate with the rest of the community.

I'll post my plan as of now, which will be edited later.

Wish it would happen, but it won't.
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:00 pm

A few words about your ideas.

What do you call 'open community' ?

Lowest skilled players are those who leave the site first. What would be the point of filling the site with ghost players who become inactive after a few days ? It would make the site artificially alive. Furthermore, we only ask people to be able to do basic corner jumps and double jumps. I don't think it's a high requirement.
Keep in mind that our community is made of players who 'love' this game. Casual gamers would give up quickly when they realize the amount of playtime required to learn the different tricks. And I'm not talking about hard tricks there, only the basics.

This could be discussed, but it would result in a higher period of 'test' before giving a new player the TP rank. So overall I'm not sure it's a good idea.
However, this points a flaw of 'mentor' rank : I've always thought that it was a mistake to mix up a 'staff ability' - ban feature - with the 'invite ability'. An intermediate rank between TP and Mentor, like 'Inviter', may be a good alternative to fix this, I don't know.

My poor english makes me think that you see us - Phoe and I - as dictators who decide and control everything, ownig some slaves, called 'mentors', to apply our decisions and make them followed by our people.
Of course this is false. Mentors haven't a 'little say', they're part of the moderation team. However, I must concede that most of them don't seem interested in the moderation part of the job (I can't blame them, particularly because it's been a while we haven't faced any major problem). Most of them are very active on AG, trying to find new players, welcoming them on YEP, and teaching them the basics. Mentors definitely work along with moderators.
To be perfectly honest I think that mentors actually run the site ^^.

In addition to this, we also listen to what TPs and even Someone's say/request. You have no idea about the amount of private messages we have to answer every single week...

At last, we promote new members for the moderation team (mentors + mods) when we think we need to, and, so far, I don't think we need more moderators. This may change in the future when Phoe, me or DonGato plans to be less active, of course.

Yck comes almost daily, and have always been super reactive when the site went under attack. I think we should thank him for being here after all these years. Without him fixing some major issues, we wouldn't be talking about YEP right now ^^.
So I don't think we can ask him anything, we owe him all a debt of gratitude.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by yck Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:17 am

About the website, it's not that it won't have major changes in the website, but rather I don't really have much idea to add in. Just look at the improvement & idea thread, most of them is just about the game itself. And about the game... I don't have Flash installed in this new computer, so I can't change much Razz

yck
yck
yck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down