Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

+18
GoblinOfHavoc
Excitement1000
nopeofnope
NubaSlaya
dragon144
DemonOfWrath
bradjel
Schmiddy1234
holdonmyheart
Mickeyryn
Zenzational
sohdbrimks
princevladlin
wopi2
Steinwayartist
Malkoir
Ozone Layer
Nabbit
22 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which plan?

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap48%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 10 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap5%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_lcap28%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 Empty Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Nabbit Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:01 am

Mickeyryn wrote:
HOT ANIME GIRL W/ CLEVAGE:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But seriously. No random pictures. I'm going to delete this post later and yours if some else doesn't remove these first. (Later, because, I couldn't resist replying with this. xD  She's hot right? (I'm a good mod wut u talkin about? >:O) )

Last edited by Nabbit on Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 2 Empty Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Zenzational Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:35 am

-_- No hot anime girls may be posted here. They can be sent to me for enjoyment Very Happy

===========================================

Ok, I'll pitch in a plan I drafted that's pretty easy to follow.

1.) Make the creator yck1509 appoint at least 2 more administrators that can also appoint other administrators and so on as well as other ranks, but.... yck1509 can remove administrators if needed. The administrator(s) must know how to run and manage a site, fix bugs and issues, check into the site every so often, answer Moderator's questions, and be a "chill" and "cool" person overall. No offence to yck1509, but if he dies in real life, it could mean the end to his wonderful creation.

2.) Host neatly organized tournaments on special occasions like holidays or breaks where a majority of people will have time to play and get on. These tournaments must be somewhat fair and fun and have a good prize to the winner(s) to attract the most out of it. A good prize may be a Moderator/Administrator shout-out (winner's username here) to the EP community or a level dedicated to the winner.

3.) Invite, invite, invite (why am I not a mentor yet, can't invite anyone >.>), to increase flow, regulations and stuff in EP, we should increase people who play on EP and make it easier for people to register. They don't have to level 41 grandmasters (their AG account could be deleted), they just have to be nice, speak some English, and not annoying and WE have to be nice, willing to teach, and have fun and deal with any problems they run into.

I noticed Y-EP lacks 1 important factor: FUN (F is for friends who do stuff TOGETHER, U is for U and ME, N is for anytime and anywhere here in the deep blue sea err...Y-EP room)

Tips on how to increase FUN in Y-EP gaming:
1.) Keep lobbies full at 5 people when possible, so it attracts more spectators, and it'll whip up excitement and chat causing spectators to join and fill up any spaces if players decide to leave.

2.) DO NOT play hard levels. Most of the fun in EP is generated when a full lobby is focused on racing on a level, playing tag, or completing a fun easy custom.
Also in serious fun racing, its better if everyone gives effort to get first place then a few so people can get excited. Its also better if people don't request others to "wait for them" at the finish since it can turn people off Exit-Path-wise.

3.) Get on regularly and host occasional tournaments or contests. This can quickly rev up a big fun party group and some big FUN Very Happy.

That's all from me. Razz
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:19 am

Nab, isn't your signature a random pic? -_-||
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:15 pm

i think we are coming up with good ideas. however, if we keep pitching ideas and dont have a set schedule, we will get no where. So i think we should set the date to have your plan in by Monday August 12th at midnight. Then, the next day, Tuesday the 13th, we will have the polls up, then at Wednesday Noon Eastern Standard Time, the polls will be closed. And we will go with said plan. Now, whoever votes for that winning plan must work with that person to accomplish it, so we dont end up with nothing. WE CANT BE LAZY IF WE PLAN ON GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!!!!!
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Zenzational wrote:
Mickeyryn wrote:
-_- No hot anime girls may be posted here. They can be sent to me for enjoyment Very Happy

===========================================

Ok, I'll pitch in a plan I drafted that's pretty easy to follow.

1.) Make the creator yck1509 appoint at least 2 more administrators that can also appoint other administrators and so on as well as other ranks, but.... yck1509 can remove administrators if needed. The administrator(s) must know how to run and manage a site, fix bugs and issues, check into the site every so often, answer Moderator's questions, and be a "chill" and "cool" person overall. No offence to yck1509, but if he dies in real life, it could mean the end to his wonderful creation.

2.) Host neatly organized tournaments on special occasions like holidays or breaks where a majority of people will have time to play and get on. These tournaments must be somewhat fair and fun and have a good prize to the winner(s) to attract the most out of it. A good prize may be a Moderator/Administrator shout-out (winner's username here) to the EP community or a level dedicated to the winner.

3.) Invite, invite, invite (why am I not a mentor yet, can't invite anyone >.>), to increase flow, regulations and stuff in EP, we should increase people who play on EP and make it easier for people to register. They don't have to level 41 grandmasters (their AG account could be deleted), they just have to be nice, speak some English, and not annoying and WE have to be nice, willing to teach, and have fun and deal with any problems they run into.

I noticed Y-EP lacks 1 important factor: FUN (F is for friends who do stuff TOGETHER, U is for U and ME, N is for anytime and anywhere here in the deep blue sea err...Y-EP room)

Tips on how to increase FUN in Y-EP gaming:
1.) Keep lobbies full at 5 people when possible, so it attracts more spectators, and it'll whip up excitement and chat causing spectators to join and fill up any spaces if players decide to leave.

2.) DO NOT play hard levels. Most of the fun in EP is generated when a full lobby is focused on racing on a level, playing tag, or completing a fun easy custom.
Also in serious fun racing, its better if everyone gives effort to get first place then a few so people can get excited. Its also better if people don't request others to "wait for them" at the finish since it can turn people off Exit-Path-wise.

3.) Get on regularly and host occasional tournaments or contests. This can quickly rev up a big fun party group and some big FUN Very Happy.

That's all from me. Razz
Shit, this plan is amazing. It is sorta similar to mine ('cause mine is bomb-status) , oh shit!
Its also better if people don't request others to "wait for them" at the finish since it can turn people off Exit-Path-wise.
At the beginning of the sentence I can't help but point out that you made a grammatical error: "Its" should have been "it's" or "it is".

ANNNYways, hold on... :

No obnoxiously large anime girl pictures in this thread please! Thank you! ~Nabbit

Dammnnn, she's finnnnee!

Ok, well, yes, I think that Yck1509 should appoint a senate-type thing.

Also, maybe it would be easier to text each-other...

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by holdonmyheart Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:29 pm

I think we should decide what to do about certain issues instead of going with a full plan. That way there will be more organization... break it down, you know? I think somebody already said this, but I think it's worth repeating Razz
holdonmyheart
holdonmyheart

Back to top Go down

Post by wopi2 Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:25 am

How about making it compulsory for mentors to invite peopl or make it one of their duties. It really is not difficult to invite people (I feel like the only person who has been inviting for a while now). Futhermore even if we get trolls joining we have the moderation capacity to deal with this. The only thing that needs to change on the site is peoples atitudes (AND BEING ABLE TO DELTE PEOPLE FROM THE MEMBER LIST).

Considering divising a rota system for mentors to invite people. Bad idea or good idea?

wopi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:07 pm

What about just going communist? xD
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Ozone Layer wrote:What about just going communist? xD
What do you mean?
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:20 pm

jeez, WTF. ok so wopi, I disagree because if just mentors get to invite people, and in the case that you really ARE the only one inviting people , well then damn, because then our system will be all backed up. I think( and steinwayartist thinks too [and I are collaborating on a plan together, which we will present soon enough]) everyone except people ranked "someone" should be able to invite anyone, but we will have a list to see who invited who, so, in the case that someone invites a troll, the person who sent the invite will be demoted, and the troll will be banned. because I am sure that at one point or another a mentor has invited a troll, and there is nothing they can do about. it mustve been a mistake , but when a TP invites a troll, accidentally aswell, he gets screwed. anyways,

Stein and I also think that we need to get yck off his ass and he needs to set some sort of thing for admins/mods to delete the old unactive and banned players from the member list, because, the list is almost full! and when it does go completely full, we'll be stuck with half of the players unactive and banned, with new cool players not being able to get in. we have a lot of problems with our current beloved community, but I think, with just a few good brains, these problems will be easily fixable.

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Mickeyryn wrote:
Stein and I also think that we need to get yck off his ass and he needs to set some sort of thing for admins/mods to delete the old unactive and banned players from the member list, because, the list is almost full! and when it does go completely full, we'll be stuck with half of the players unactive and banned, with new cool players not being able to get in.
I'm still not sure what this talk of a "full list" is.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by wopi2 Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I only think being able to delete members is a good idea because it is 'untidy' (Razz). Futhermore like prince said I belive the memberlist can not get full (Unless we end up with ridiculous amounts of peeps).

"yck off his ass" *raised eyebrow* I'm sure he is doing everything in his power we have to apreciate that the finally decision is down to him

Is it just me or do more people seem to be on Y-EP revently? I knida like how it is quiet at Y-EP

Final note I'm out of this thread. 'Resigning from
inviting people too, I never said I did not like our quiet and 'eletist' club.

*cough* its been like this for long before all this planning lark so why do we care all of a sudden *cough*

wopi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:16 pm

Wopi, if we seize to invite new players and train them, the old members will slowly fade, and soon enough there will be a couple of people left on the site, pretty much RIP-ing itself for good.

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:07 pm

All plans proposed so far are on the 1st post of this thread! Take a look!

Hopefully I did it right. :p
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:54 pm

NO

You screwed up.
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:12 pm

Moment of thought: You know...will any of us really leave after now
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:08 pm

Still proposing plans and no agreement so far, I see.
I suggest you should start voting now for which plan you want to use and when that plan wins, we work on from there (like suggesting little things that could improve it).

As for initiating the winning plan, we should do it before a big break/holiday, preferably Thanksgiving, as this is where alot of people have time to play and are taking a break from school or work.

Idk, what goes, goes.
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:29 pm

I don't really care about the plans. I just want to be the one who saves yck Wink
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:33 am

Ozone Layer wrote:NO

You screwed up.
Sorry I skipped over your plan by accident. x.x (Don't hurt me. T.T)

Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 pm

wait, what plan, the url thing is messed up
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:16 pm

Steinwayartist wrote:wait, what plan, the url thing is messed up
I'll harass her about it some more.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Plan ala mode: A lot of this stuff is from earlier comments, but I just put it all together (and maybe improved it too)

STEP 1: Admit it. Yck is getting more and more boring every day!

So first, allow someone rank to put custom levels. I mean, it won't hurt anyone ( unless they spam levels, but just ban them or something like that). They still can't change the time though.

Also, add some tournaments or stuff like that. The prize could be promotion or maybe free unban ( couldn't think of anything else Sad)

STEP 2: Delete any accounts that are banned or inactive for at least 2 months.

STEP 3: Make some extra administrators, or at least make some more moderators.

STEP 4: Do you think it is possible to increase the traffic limit?

STEP 5: Add a direct link to the forum on the site.

STEP 6: Fix some bugs that ppl found

STEP 7: Coffee Break

STEP 8: INVITE MORE PEOPLE!!!!!
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:19 pm

Yea, Stein, you and I....

Our plan needs to be sent!

Ok, I'll do it...

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Nabbit, please put this plan on the "Plan Page". Here is "Plan SM69", by my friend Steinwayartist and me, Mickeyryn.

EDIT(s): a)--NEWEST EDIT****:we will also incorporate the idea of a ban or kick from rooms, this will decrease the people that are a bit of a troll and we can keep our communities peaceful and happy
b)--I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, AND HAVE REALIZED THAT WE MUST HAVE SOMETHING LIKE A RANK FOR PEOPLE INVITING PEOPLE IN, POSSIBLY LIKE "Designated Ambassador or DAs" THAT WOULD BE TRUSTED, DESIGNATED INVITEES. THATS ALL.

********Plan SM69 by Steinwayartist and Mickeyryn*********

This plan is very easy to start and to accomplish, it is a quick and easy solution to the problems we are having.  Enjoy.

Basically, we are trying to give TP's the power to invite people. Now, we must keep tract of who invited who because if a TP invites a troll, they will be demoted to someone, and someones cannot invite people.  TP's are our biggest majority, so we need to keep them happy and keep us happy. Noobs are allowed here, we have many tutorials and options for them to learn and thrive here, and that is what we want :)The new players are our fuel for the future.

I hear that we are nearing our maximum number of people on this site, around 80% full for the database, so we should really consider getting rid of all of the players who have not been here in several months, the banned people, and those who have not even logged on once!!!!! We will delete their profile so we have more space for the good amount of players we are to receive. If we have a huge influx of people, we will need a few more active  moderators to keep the influx in order (maybe 2 or 3) , and to get ban the possible new trolls and demote those who invited them.  

Now, here is the new idea i had in mind.  Every week, we will find a few TP's or someones who have done a good deed or two for our site. One person every week will receive a customized thank you from a moderator (or maybe a mentor) thanking them for their good work, this should inspire them to keep playing and keep doing good deeds. Its very easy, and requires little work.

Also, to keep yck exit path very fun and active, we should hold biweekly or weekly (to be determined) tournaments where someones, TP's, mentors and mods compete to see who is the most skilled on Exit path at their ranking. Then, we shall find the best from each rank and they will be posted on an updated board. They will be noticed Smile

One big question which lots and lots of people are thinking about is "what will happen to the mentors"?? We have decided that we will (place large statement here) either keep it or don't.  In my opinion (this wont show on actual plan) i think we need one more admin, maybe 3 or so more mods (they will be chosen by the mods from the current selection of mentors that we have). and after that, we get rid of the mentor rank, it has caused a few problems here that will not "be forgotten".

Anyways, this is our plan, very basic, no having to worry about copyright and such or a public site, it is very basic and only affects the our private community.  The only risky part is the invite codes for the TP's, and if it doesn't work well and invites many trolls that we don't want, we can just simply repeal that part and hope that everything else is enough.

the US government has worked for centuries and has not fallen with their ideas, it is slighly complicated, but why not make it like that? the president (admin) has cabinet members ( head mods) and they have the senate (regular mods) and we can get rid of the mentor rank. We will add a couple more admins and mods, and an admin/mod to control the tournys.
But as we know that the mentors don’t want to lose their rank (except for steinwayartist, however), the only rank to incorporate is head mod and 1 more admin, thats it. Then we will let the mods vote over keep or lose mentor

The big picture and basic picture of this plan
1) Keep everyone alike on yck active
2) keep it fun with friendly competitions and new people to meet
3) have the rankings live up to their name.

**********In a nut shell, this plan will reduce the member list, deleting banned/inactive accounts that have been inactive for atleast 3 months so there wont be a insane influz of players breaking down the dam, appoint a larger hierarchy system, have a few tournaments where the winner will be promoted and or NOTICED!, and invite more and let TPs invite: ones who invite trolls get demoted and the invitees will be tracked, also, we should have a kindof senate/hierarchy where there is Admins, then head mods, then mods, TPs and then on and on. We shall let the mods decide whether or not to keep the mentors (we both think these just cause a considerable amount of trouble, and last but not least, fix some buggies! OH AND LET TPs AND UP INVITE PLAYERS!!!!~IT DOES NO ONE GOOD TO JUST LET MENTORS+ INVITE PLAYERS!!!!*********

Steinwayartist                 and             Mickeyryn                       Any questions or concerns, message us at our profiles, (Steinwayartist page 12) and Mickeyryn (page 6)

THANKS!

This has been made possible my my friend/colleague [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !!!!!

Last edited by Mickeyryn on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:06 pm

oh, thanks mickey. it was a lot of time and consideration putting that in. i do think this is my last idea, we have many plans but arent doing anything, and i dont believe that we are making a whole lot of progress just throwing ideas, i think that mr.yck will do something when the time is right, he has his own life and stuff, but this site is probably something he really enjoys, and i dont think he would let us just die. so this is it, i am done planning after this Smile whatever happens will happen, we cannot prevent the destiny of our site.
if the plan above doesnt work,
my last suggestion : a fresh start, new site with the old active people and maybe even new active ones!!
Thats it. Conner J. Davis
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next