Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Letting Banned Members Back In...

+5
Guest_Phoenix94305
GhostOfNothing
exitpathlover
Blissyboy22
Xakaze
9 posters

Go down

On Letting Banned Members Back In... Empty On Letting Banned Members Back In...

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:31 am

Hiya all,

So, it has come to my attention that there is some interest in whether or not we should let some previously permanently banned members back in or not. There was an instance of asshole tag in the mod log today, with a back and forth round on letting someone back in who was previously banned. Rather than have rounds of people pointlessly overriding each other, let's have a talk about it.

To consider an alternative, we could have what is called an indefinite ban or indeterminate ban. Such bans would not have a predefined endpoint, but we could choose to end them, after, say, a sufficient amount of time has passed, or we feel the person will do okay now.

There are not tons of people that this is relevant for. We don't ban tons of people. But at least two people -- Wopi and Supbro -- have demonstrated an interest in returning.

So thoughts and opinions on this?

~Phoe
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

On Letting Banned Members Back In... Empty Re: On Letting Banned Members Back In...

Post by Xakaze Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:58 pm

I have personally nothing against letting them back on YEP (Wopi and subpro) as long as it's clear that they're not going to get TP rank again, ever.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

On Letting Banned Members Back In... Empty Re: On Letting Banned Members Back In...

Post by nopeofnope Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Xakaze wrote:I have personally nothing against letting them back on YEP (Wopi and subpro) as long as it's clear that they're not going to get TP rank again, ever.
Why what can TP rank do? Isn't that just custom level stuff and the ability to create rooms?

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by Blissyboy22 Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:08 pm

I agree, they can be TP but no more than that

Blissyboy22

Back to top Go down

Post by renske96 Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Well for me personally, i am sticking with the fact: perma ban is perma ban, as he insists back then to make as much damage as possible, and i dont think that such ppl should be invited back, but its not my decision to decide, its more of a mod/admin thing i'd say
renske96
renske96

Back to top Go down

Post by exitpathlover Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:28 pm

I gotta say that I agree with renske, but as long as the person isn't perma banned (was supbro ever perma banned?) Anyways I mean if a person never was perma banned then they should have the same options as everyone else when they return(except from reaching staff rank).
exitpathlover
exitpathlover

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:52 pm

exitpathlover wrote:I gotta say that I agree with renske, but as long as the person isn't perma banned (was supbro ever perma banned?) Anyways I mean if a person never was perma banned then they should have the same options as everyone else when they return(except from reaching staff rank).

Sup was perma banned. Id wait till hes older and more mature to let him back. Tho him and I have had a bit of a sour history, so my opinion is slightly biased. As for wopi, he seems to be a nice dude and everyone who knew him liked him until he banned everyone. It has been over a year, but perma bans are permanent

GhostOfNothing

https://m.tiktok.com/h5/share/usr/6609842209934589958.html?u_cod

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:56 pm

Okay, so just to clarify, letting one person back on does not mean we need to let every other person back on. So let's think about some people individually.

Wopi has been banned for a couple years now. Pretty much any way you look at that, he's probably a little different than he was when he was banned. I am fine with letting him back one right now, but I think he should give a public apology first. That's a small thing to ask for, I think.

With Supbro, it's a little different. He hasn't been banned that long, and I have nothing to go on to suggest that he is any different from when he was banned in the first place. So, as of now, I don't see a good reason to reconsider his position. I think, with him, he should start by apologizing to Eku, but that's *just* the starting point to letting him back on...

~Phoe
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:34 am

Agreed with wopi. disagree with supbro. he is an asshole who has no consideration for others. He lies and makes fun of people with worse skill than him.

GhostOfNothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blissyboy22 Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:45 pm

i never knew theese 2 (superbro and whopi). Can someone tell me about them, Superbro sounds Like an ASSHOLE but I think that we can give whopi another chance. Why did he ban everyone??

Blissyboy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 pm

Its wopi and supbrotastic, btw. Supbro revealed private info about people such as names and locations. wopi was a mod and banned a bunch of people for no reason at all, from what I gathered.

GhostOfNothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blissyboy22 Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:53 pm

wierd, how did superbro do all of this, He saounds like a real prick

Blissyboy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:33 pm

First, get their frickin names right. Its is Supbro. not superbro. thats just fucking stupid. not saying supbro isnt but its better than superbro. Supbro just gave out private info. and he was an annoying ass prick who had no boundaries and annoyed the living fuck outta everyone.

GhostOfNothing

Back to top Go down

Post by exitpathlover Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:06 pm

Calm down Deboss, you don't need to yell at Bliss for spelling a name wrong it dosen't matter. Also Supbro never annoyed me, and I think one of the reasons for that is that I never annoyed him either. Im not saying that he should be let back soon but you were pretty rude to him sometimes too.
exitpathlover
exitpathlover

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:26 pm

not yelling. just heavily criticizing the stupidness of the name superbro. still, tho, supbro aint any better. On me being rude to him. That was mostly because he heard me say something to someone i trusted and then he went and told every fucking person what i told the person in my lobby. So I pretty much had a right to be pissed off.

GhostOfNothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blissyboy22 Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:11 am

O, Settle down Ghost of Nothing, what about whopi, why'd he ban so many people

Blissyboy22

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:35 am

wopi*
idk. I was not in yck for that yet.

GhostOfNothing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blissyboy22 Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 pm

ok

Blissyboy22

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Guys it's a complicated issue we are talking about here.... If you are not sure about their case please just don't say anything more then you know (you are welcome to give opinions though)

My stand point: Let wopi in but TP will be given after x months... The other one I am not sure so you guys will have to decide cuz idk what happen exactly

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:32 am

Why give not just give him TP? If he abuses it you can easily drop him to someone.

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfPain Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:45 am

nopeofnope wrote:Why give not just give him TP? If he abuses it you can easily drop him to someone.

It's definitely more fun to see how long it will take until until he abandons his current Someone rank, convinces the staff to be trustworthy and ascend to the trusted throne.
GhostOfPain
GhostOfPain
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by renske96 Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:04 am

I read the entire part of wopi and what he has done in this forum and i have to say that IF the mods and yck himself are okay getting him back in YEP he should stick with the someone rank AS HE is at the moment still not trustful, and people doing such things are rarely trustful again, i mean he could do the same again if he let's say is mentor again or even TP is hardcore to abuse, cause he could still put hardcore levels no one can beat and then saying: uhh im afk or whatever....

i dont get the point letting him be a TP again. Honestly, if i really was there back then and a mod, i would still stick with the thing perma, cause from the things he did its the same as exile people out of a country or sending them back to a hard living country, if you get my metaphor for being banned because of a person trolling around.

so personally my opinion is still: perma is perma, but if he shows over several months in the 1.0 rooms that he is finally mature i would consider a test month in 1.5 to see if he is still that trustful, and if he did something then i would say totally perma with no way back in. thats what i would do if i would decide.
renske96
renske96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down