Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Xakaze on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

@sohd : Indeed you're right, I forgot that. So first offense should be 3 days and second one 1 week.

Xakaze

Posts : 425
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by TroIIingTroll on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Accroding to sohd , the set of penalty is to make the ppl to stop to break the rules not only a punishment . One hour is enough if the ppl know that he / she banned , if no stop it will have the 2nd offence .

Second , to check the record of degrade / ban in yckep , we should select 10 TP/Someone ( It can trust ) to be a recorder to check it
avatar
TroIIingTroll

Posts : 248
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 17
Location : HK

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Nabbit on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Also a question for Nabbit.. how do they mix? If someone does one thing and then another?
If anyone breaks any of the rules 3 times then they have the possibility of being permanently banned. And I guess if one person breaks every rule 1 time each they get the 1st offense for every rule. Razz From the looks of things though I'm expecting stuff to change soon...
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Xakaze on Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:27 pm

- You can't punish a person twice for the same crime. In order to be punished a second time, the person would have to commit a new crime.

I don't get this btw. Could you be more explicit ? (an example maybe ?).
If you mean that a player can't be banned twice for bothering other ppl, I totaly disagree

PS : I still think that 1 hour ban is totally useless and pratically impossible to apply in most of cases

Xakaze

Posts : 425
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by princevladlin on Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:- Excessive spamming in-game:
   - Warning on profile and in-game (kick afterwards if mod)
  - 1st offense: 1 hour ban


I'm sorry but I won't follow the first offense rule. I'll apply 2nd offense penalty instead.
The reason is that I don't want to be stuck on YEP for one hour. And if I have to leave for some reason I don't want to be punished because I forgot to/couldn't unban that player.
It's a point worth considering. Ideally, there would be more mods active so it wouldn't matter if the person came back in an hour and started spamming. Like you suggested, another alternative might be a warning and then kick followed by maybe a 1 day ban if the person came back and kept spamming. It's also kind of a problem that a person can just leave the window open and keep playing like sohd said..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Accroding to sohd , the set of penalty is to make the ppl to stop to break the rules not only a punishment . One hour is enough if the ppl know that he / she banned , if no stop it will have the 2nd offence .
I still think it's hypothetically a good idea, but if they can just keep playing by having the window open, the ban will expire and be useless.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: don't get this btw. Could you be more explicit ? (an example maybe ?).
If you mean that a player can't be banned twice for bothering other ppl, I totaly disagree
No, what I think TroII means is that you shouldn't be banned twice for the same instance of bothering people.
Example:
Somebody spams on Monday, get banned until Friday. When he/she gets unbanned on Friday, someone bans the player again for what he/she did on Monday.

_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Xakaze on Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:No, what I think TroII means is that you shouldn't be banned twice for the same instance of bothering people.
Example:
Somebody spams on Monday, get banned until Friday. When he/she gets unbanned on Friday, someone bans the player again for what he/she did on Monday.
If that player continues to spam on Friday, he clearly deserves to be banned again, with an heavier sentence imo.

Xakaze

Posts : 425
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Nabbit on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:No, what I think TroII means is that you shouldn't be banned twice for the same instance of bothering people.
Example:
Somebody spams on Monday, get banned until Friday. When he/she gets unbanned on Friday, someone bans the player again for what he/she did on Monday.
If that player continues to spam on Friday, he clearly deserves to be banned again, with an heavier sentence imo.
thats not what prince meant. here's an example:


sally spammed on tuesday

joe the moderator bans her until friday

sally gets unbanned on friday, and does not spam on friday.

joe the moderator sees sally playing and bans her again for spamming on tuesaday.


prince says this shouldnt be allowed.
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Xakaze on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh
I'm sorry
Thanks for the explanation ^^

Xakaze

Posts : 425
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by exitpathisveryfun123 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:- You can't punish a person twice for the same crime. In order to be punished a second time, the person would have to commit a new crime.

I don't get this btw. Could you be more explicit ? (an example maybe ?).
If you mean that a player can't be banned twice for bothering other ppl, I totaly disagree

PS : I still think that 1 hour ban is totally useless and pratically impossible to apply in most of cases
what he means is if for example someone spams in the game the person can get get a 1 day ban for it but when they come back the person that banned you or anyone else can't ban beacause of that spam you already got banned for but if they were to spam again they could get banned for 7 days does that answer your question? and i agree with you on 1 hour ban
avatar
exitpathisveryfun123

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-08-26
Age : 20
Location : why should i tell you?

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by exitpathisveryfun123 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
- Unjust rank changing from Mods/Mentors (Ex: Mass banning or promotion of players, banning people for no reason...)
- 1st offense: Lose Mod/Mentor rank permanently plus a 7 day ban.
what if yck is going on a rampage and bans everyone?
avatar
exitpathisveryfun123

Posts : 676
Join date : 2013-08-26
Age : 20
Location : why should i tell you?

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by TroIIingTroll on Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 am

First , I am not very famous in ep bz I am not a mentor / mod / admin ( -_-|| ) , but please listen to anyone who have suggestions , bz I can trusted . ( Mind it , I want to ask for rank but finally I not bz the mod think that , ask for rank = beg for rank ... , !!! Some ppl maybe have this problem... I think we should explain what is the beg meaning )

Second , to avoid the argue of the punishment , we can have a solution if the player resume the spam ( keep on the game and spam when game ) we can have 2 warning first . If the player resume spam , 5 mins later , we can have the 2nd warning , and the content of 2nd warning is if you resume the spam , we will have 2nd offence 3mins later . 3mins later if the ppl resume spam , 2nd spam will start. For the problem of keep on the game and spam , we can mute him and 1hour later , we can unmute the ppl , if the ppl resume to spam , also 2warnings .

If yck break the rules , ( ... ) we maybe have to talk about the punishment to him , like 30 days no any ppl in ep.
avatar
TroIIingTroll

Posts : 248
Join date : 2013-08-18
Age : 17
Location : HK

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Xakaze on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:32 am

TT wrote:If yck break the rules , ( ... ) we maybe have to talk about the punishment to him , like 30 days no any ppl in ep.
Lol.
yck IS y-ep ^^. We don't have anything to reproach to him, whatever he does.
Without him, none of us would be here ^^

Xakaze

Posts : 425
Join date : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by shock_wave3000 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

enjoy reading yck ^_^
avatar
shock_wave3000

Posts : 11
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 18
Location : Hell street

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Ozone Layer on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm

I control yck.
YCK SAY MY NAME IN A COMMENT!
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:46 pm

no you don't yck conrols yck
avatar
ExitPathGirl16

Posts : 1049
Join date : 2013-08-29
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:46 pm

who else would?
avatar
ExitPathGirl16

Posts : 1049
Join date : 2013-08-29
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Nabbit on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 pm

I have updated the penalty rules. Here's what I added:


The following was supported by TT and Princevladlin:

The new reset time for offenses/penalties:


- There will be a reset time for less serious offenses. The purpose for this is so people don't get perma-banned for a series of offenses that are 3 or 4 months apart. For example, lets say Charlie the Unicorn got the 1st offense for spamming. If he gets to the reset time without being permanently banned, his first offense will be erased and he'll start out fresh. Every reset date will be 6 months apart.

  List of rules this applies to:
      - Excessive spamming in-game
      - Begging for customs/join rooms when obviously full
      - Begging for rank
      - Using YEP to harm 1.0 rooms
      - Rudeness towards players
      - Intentionally room crashing/impossible levels

      Any other offenses that don't fall under any of the above categories do not get erased after the reset date. Permanently banned people also do not get de-banned on this day. Finally, anyone who abuses this system will be noted and punished.

      This was typed on 9/2/13. Therefore, the next reset date will be 3/2/14, six months from now.

- Due to Xakaze's and Sohd's support for this, the 1 hour ban has been erased.


As always, none of this is set in stone. If you would like to make changes, please leave a comment below. ^^
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Nabbit on Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I was also think it would be nice if there was a 2 week ban before a perm ban for minor offenses like spamming and rank begging. Any thoughts? o.o
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by ExitPathGirl16 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: There will be a reset time for less serious offenses.[/color] The purpose for this is so people don't get perma-banned for a series of offenses that are 3 or 4 months apart. For example, lets say Charlie the Unicorn got the 1st offense for spamming. If he gets to the reset time without being permanently banned, his first offense will be erased and he'll start out fresh. Every reset date will be 6 months apart.

  List of rules this applies to:
      - Excessive spamming in-game
      - Begging for customs/join rooms when obviously full
      - Begging for rank
      - Using YEP to harm 1.0 rooms
      - Rudeness towards players
      - Intentionally room crashing/impossible levels

      Any other offenses that don't fall under any of the above categories do not get erased after the reset date. Permanently banned people also do not get de-banned on this day. Finally, anyone who abuses this system will be noted and punished.
just to let you know I am the reason why this rule was put to place : ) also because the reset date is today does that mean that my penalty's are reset?
avatar
ExitPathGirl16

Posts : 1049
Join date : 2013-08-29
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by princevladlin on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:17 pm

idkwhattocall wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote: There will be a reset time for less serious offenses.[/color] The purpose for this is so people don't get perma-banned for a series of offenses that are 3 or 4 months apart. For example, lets say Charlie the Unicorn got the 1st offense for spamming. If he gets to the reset time without being permanently banned, his first offense will be erased and he'll start out fresh. Every reset date will be 6 months apart.

  List of rules this applies to:
      - Excessive spamming in-game
      - Begging for customs/join rooms when obviously full
      - Begging for rank
      - Using YEP to harm 1.0 rooms
      - Rudeness towards players
      - Intentionally room crashing/impossible levels

      Any other offenses that don't fall under any of the above categories do not get erased after the reset date. Permanently banned people also do not get de-banned on this day. Finally, anyone who abuses this system will be noted and punished.
just to let you know I am the reason why this rule was put to place : ) also because the reset date is today does that mean that my penalty's are reset?
You aren't actually. We'be been talking about this for a while. And no, I don't think so.


_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Ozone Layer on Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 pm

I have noticed how tough you are being on people.
I do a lot of this all the time, but I never get banned.
Maybe because I'm too stupid. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Nabbit on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Well... a bit late on this and I'm not sure if it matters but ALL MINOR OFFENSES DISMISSED.
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum