Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

+15
shock_wave3000
exitpathisveryfun123
sickcroon
guest_dog
Steinwayartist
Zenzational
holdonmyheart
princevladlin
nopeofnope
dragon144
sohdbrimks
wopi2
Xakaze
Ozone Layer
Nabbit
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here! - Page 5 Empty Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by Xakaze Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

@sohd : Indeed you're right, I forgot that. So first offense should be 3 days and second one 1 week.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here! - Page 5 Empty Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by TroIIingTroll Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Accroding to sohd , the set of penalty is to make the ppl to stop to break the rules not only a punishment . One hour is enough if the ppl know that he / she banned , if no stop it will have the 2nd offence .

Second , to check the record of degrade / ban in yckep , we should select 10 TP/Someone ( It can trust ) to be a recorder to check it
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:20 pm

princevladlin wrote:
Also a question for Nabbit.. how do they mix? If someone does one thing and then another?
If anyone breaks any of the rules 3 times then they have the possibility of being permanently banned. And I guess if one person breaks every rule 1 time each they get the 1st offense for every rule. Razz From the looks of things though I'm expecting stuff to change soon...
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:27 pm

- You can't punish a person twice for the same crime. In order to be punished a second time, the person would have to commit a new crime.

I don't get this btw. Could you be more explicit ? (an example maybe ?).
If you mean that a player can't be banned twice for bothering other ppl, I totaly disagree

PS : I still think that 1 hour ban is totally useless and pratically impossible to apply in most of cases

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Xakaze wrote:- Excessive spamming in-game:
   - Warning on profile and in-game (kick afterwards if mod)
  - 1st offense: 1 hour ban

I'm sorry but I won't follow the first offense rule. I'll apply 2nd offense penalty instead.
The reason is that I don't want to be stuck on YEP for one hour. And if I have to leave for some reason I don't want to be punished because I forgot to/couldn't unban that player.
It's a point worth considering. Ideally, there would be more mods active so it wouldn't matter if the person came back in an hour and started spamming. Like you suggested, another alternative might be a warning and then kick followed by maybe a 1 day ban if the person came back and kept spamming. It's also kind of a problem that a person can just leave the window open and keep playing like sohd said..

TroIIingTroll wrote:Accroding to sohd , the set of penalty is to make the ppl to stop to break the rules not only a punishment . One hour is enough if the ppl know that he / she banned , if no stop it will have the 2nd offence .
I still think it's hypothetically a good idea, but if they can just keep playing by having the window open, the ban will expire and be useless.

Xakaze wrote: don't get this btw. Could you be more explicit ? (an example maybe ?).
If you mean that a player can't be banned twice for bothering other ppl, I totaly disagree
No, what I think TroII means is that you shouldn't be banned twice for the same instance of bothering people.
Example:
Somebody spams on Monday, get banned until Friday. When he/she gets unbanned on Friday, someone bans the player again for what he/she did on Monday.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:04 pm

princevladlin wrote:No, what I think TroII means is that you shouldn't be banned twice for the same instance of bothering people.
Example:
Somebody spams on Monday, get banned until Friday. When he/she gets unbanned on Friday, someone bans the player again for what he/she did on Monday.
If that player continues to spam on Friday, he clearly deserves to be banned again, with an heavier sentence imo.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:03 pm

Xakaze wrote:
princevladlin wrote:No, what I think TroII means is that you shouldn't be banned twice for the same instance of bothering people.
Example:
If that player continues to spam on Friday, he clearly deserves to be banned again, with an heavier sentence imo.
thats not what prince meant. here's an example:

sally spammed on tuesday

joe the moderator bans her until friday

sally gets unbanned on friday, and does not spam on friday.

joe the moderator sees sally playing and bans her again for spamming on tuesaday.

prince says this shouldnt be allowed.
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Oh
I'm sorry
Thanks for the explanation ^^

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by exitpathisveryfun123 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:28 am

Xakaze wrote:- You can't punish a person twice for the same crime. In order to be punished a second time, the person would have to commit a new crime.

I don't get this btw. Could you be more explicit ? (an example maybe ?).

PS : I still think that 1 hour ban is totally useless and pratically impossible to apply in most of cases
what he means is if for example someone spams in the game the person can get get a 1 day ban for it but when they come back the person that banned you or anyone else can't ban beacause of that spam you already got banned for but if they were to spam again they could get banned for 7 days does that answer your question? and i agree with you on 1 hour ban
exitpathisveryfun123
exitpathisveryfun123

Back to top Go down

Post by exitpathisveryfun123 Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:38 am

Nabbit wrote:
- Unjust rank changing from Mods/Mentors (Ex: Mass banning or promotion of players, banning people for no reason...)
- 1st offense: Lose Mod/Mentor rank permanently plus a 7 day ban.
what if yck is going on a rampage and bans everyone?
exitpathisveryfun123
exitpathisveryfun123

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:34 am

First , I am not very famous in ep bz I am not a mentor / mod / admin ( -_-|| ) , but please listen to anyone who have suggestions , bz I can trusted . ( Mind it , I want to ask for rank but finally I not bz the mod think that , ask for rank = beg for rank ... , !!! Some ppl maybe have this problem... I think we should explain what is the beg meaning )

Second , to avoid the argue of the punishment , we can have a solution if the player resume the spam ( keep on the game and spam when game ) we can have 2 warning first . If the player resume spam , 5 mins later , we can have the 2nd warning , and the content of 2nd warning is if you resume the spam , we will have 2nd offence 3mins later . 3mins later if the ppl resume spam , 2nd spam will start. For the problem of keep on the game and spam , we can mute him and 1hour later , we can unmute the ppl , if the ppl resume to spam , also 2warnings .

If yck break the rules , ( ... ) we maybe have to talk about the punishment to him , like 30 days no any ppl in ep.
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:32 am

TT wrote:If yck break the rules , ( ... ) we maybe have to talk about the punishment to him , like 30 days no any ppl in ep.
Lol.
yck IS y-ep ^^. We don't have anything to reproach to him, whatever he does.
Without him, none of us would be here ^^

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by shock_wave3000 Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 pm

enjoy reading yck ^_^
shock_wave3000
shock_wave3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:33 pm

I control yck.
YCK SAY MY NAME IN A COMMENT!
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:46 pm

no you don't yck conrols yck

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:46 pm

who else would?

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:23 pm

I have updated the penalty rules. Here's what I added:

The following was supported by TT and Princevladlin:

The new reset time for offenses/penalties:

- Due to Xakaze's and Sohd's support for this, the 1 hour ban has been erased.

As always, none of this is set in stone. If you would like to make changes, please leave a comment below. ^^
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:35 pm

I was also think it would be nice if there was a 2 week ban before a perm ban for minor offenses like spamming and rank begging. Any thoughts? o.o
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:58 am

Nabbit wrote: There will be a reset time for less serious offenses.[/color] The purpose for this is so people don't get perma-banned for a series of offenses that are 3 or 4 months apart. For example, lets say Charlie the Unicorn got the 1st offense for spamming. If he gets to the reset time without being permanently banned, his first offense will be erased and he'll start out fresh. Every reset date will be 6 months apart.

List of rules this applies to:
      - Excessive spamming in-game
      - Begging for customs/join rooms when obviously full
      - Begging for rank
      - Using YEP to harm 1.0 rooms
      - Rudeness towards players
      - Intentionally room crashing/impossible levels

Any other offenses that don't fall under any of the above categories do not get erased after the reset date. Permanently banned people also do not get de-banned on this day. Finally, anyone who abuses this system will be noted and punished.
just to let you know I am the reason why this rule was put to place : ) also because the reset date is today does that mean that my penalty's are reset?

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:17 pm

idkwhattocall wrote:
Nabbit wrote: There will be a reset time for less serious offenses.[/color] The purpose for this is so people don't get perma-banned for a series of offenses that are 3 or 4 months apart. For example, lets say Charlie the Unicorn got the 1st offense for spamming. If he gets to the reset time without being permanently banned, his first offense will be erased and he'll start out fresh. Every reset date will be 6 months apart.

List of rules this applies to:
      - Excessive spamming in-game
      - Begging for customs/join rooms when obviously full
      - Begging for rank
      - Using YEP to harm 1.0 rooms
      - Rudeness towards players
      - Intentionally room crashing/impossible levels

Any other offenses that don't fall under any of the above categories do not get erased after the reset date. Permanently banned people also do not get de-banned on this day. Finally, anyone who abuses this system will be noted and punished.
just to let you know I am the reason why this rule was put to place : ) also because the reset date is today does that mean that my penalty's are reset?
You aren't actually. We'be been talking about this for a while. And no, I don't think so.

princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 pm

I have noticed how tough you are being on people.
I do a lot of this all the time, but I never get banned.
Maybe because I'm too stupid. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Well... a bit late on this and I'm not sure if it matters but ALL MINOR OFFENSES DISMISSED.
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5