Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Racing Records

+8
ExitPathGirl16
AngelOfOreos
Retrocrystallix
Xakaze
Ozone Layer
princevladlin
Steinwayartist
Don.Gato
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unofficial Racing Records Empty Unofficial Racing Records

Post by Don.Gato Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:05 pm

These times are unofficial, and outdated. I personally believe the times here to be accurate, but they are posted for reference ONLY. I will NOT be updating them due in part to the difficulty of verifying records.

Thanks to Xakaze for saving these, and giving them to me.

Marathon 11.70 DonQuick !level 100
Front Door 10.23 DonQuick !level 101
Crossroads 08.47 DonQuick !level 102
Tubes 06.60 KrissKhan !level 103
Death Wall 08.70 Darwin37 !level 104
The Maze 12.54 KrissKhan !level 105
Lunge 05.60 Darwin37 !level 106
Unfriendly Teleporters 12.73 GhostOfPain !level 107
Funk 10.30 KrissKhan !level 108
Cubicles 05.20 KrissKhan !level 109
Over and Under 15.07 Xakaze !level 110
Zipper 08.00 Faithpath !level 111
Jumper 12.00 Darwin37 !level 112
Slip and Slide 09.77 GhostOfPain !level 113
Wombat 06.30 Faithpath !level 114
Fuzz Balls 04.32 KrissKhan !level 115
Secret Staircase 09.17 KrissKhan !level 116
Cubey 07.1x Darwin37 !level 117
Descending 09.37 KrissKhan !level 118
Treadmillvania 07.63 KrissKhan  !level 119
YCK LEVELS

Under and Over 12.87 Xakaze !level 120
Cubicles? 06.43 KrissKhan !level 121
TPDWUT 06.33 KrissKhan !level 122
The Shrine 05.67 KrissKhan !level 123
Teletorture++ 04.87 KrissKhan !level 124
Treadmillistic 04.53 Xakaze !level 125
Bounspikser Land 06.20 sohdbrimks !level 126
Defamation 10.57 KrissKhan !level 127
-_-|| 06.71 KrissKhan !level 128
XP 18.71 KrissKhan !level 129
Bounce Town++ 02.93 KrissKhan !level 130
Skywalker 10.97 Xakaze !level 131

Last edited by Don.Gato on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:36 am; edited 4 times in total
Don.Gato
Don.Gato

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Racing Records Empty Re: Unofficial Racing Records

Post by Steinwayartist Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Nice dongato, i was hoping someone saved these, im gonna try to break one! now i know the competition. ^^
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:14 pm

So how do you account for messed up timer?
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:09 pm

first, you would know, second, your time would be SUPER LOW
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Steinwayartist wrote:first, you would know, second, your time would be SUPER LOW
Not true. Without video, you can't tell. For example, I've gotten plenty of times under 11.70 for marathon. The timer was messed up I think. And I don't just mean 3 second times. I mean 10 second times. Timer is terrible. Never trust it for accuracy. I don't think it ever is (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I assume these are times are all from videos.

And with video, much greater chance of lag ._.

Last edited by princevladlin on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:32 pm

Yeah.
Games don't make kids violent.
Lag does.
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Don.Gato Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:22 am

princevladlin wrote:
Steinwayartist wrote:first, you would know, second, your time would be SUPER LOW
Not true. Without video, you can't tell. For example, I've gotten plenty of times under 11.70 for marathon. The timer was messed up I think. And I don't just mean 3 second times. I mean 10 second times. Timer is terrible. Never trust it for accuracy. I don't think it ever is (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I assume these are times are all from videos.

No, not from vids. When KK decided to make this he and xak went on a rampage to get records on all, or at least most of the levels. They were very anal about the timer. You can actually see when it glitches, and they always had at least the two of them in the room, and they were very aware of it. I was playing a lot with them as they did this, and I can't tell you how many times KK or Xak got a really good run, only to conclude that the timer was a tiny bit bugged and it was time to remake the room. The timer is absolutely accurate when it doesn't glitch.

As for times under 11.70 on Marathon. If you are using the fastest strats, it may be legit. But timer does glitch quite often. DonQuick taps flow almost constantly from the moment he gets it though, and does the marathon jump trick to not lose flow there. (It's hard as fuck) :p
Don.Gato
Don.Gato

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Don.Gato wrote:
princevladlin wrote:

No, not from vids. When KK decided to make this he and xak went on a rampage to get records on all, or at least most of the levels. They were very anal about the timer. You can actually see when it glitches, and they always had at least the two of them in the room, and they were very aware of it. I was playing a lot with them as they did this, and I can't tell you how many times KK or Xak got a really good run, only to conclude that the timer was a tiny bit bugged and it was time to remake the room.  The timer is absolutely accurate when it doesn't glitch.

As for times under 11.70 on Marathon. If you are using the fastest strats, it may be legit. But timer does glitch quite often. DonQuick taps flow almost constantly from the moment he gets it though, and does the marathon jump trick to not lose flow there. (It's hard as fuck) :p
I find this hard to believe. Take this playlist for example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mithrauko claims that he used MPC to calculate the times for each run. There are a few where he did not start immediately, but these aside, there is only one run out of the 17 where the time he gives matches the timer. This of course could be due to fault on his part, but I have to doubt it. Also consider darwin's method of measuring frames (he records at 20 fps for example and uses this to calculate time.. of course this assumes accuracy by the recorder and a high enough frame rate; see this video for example: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] And consider what darwin says in his personal record video:

"*This is just my personal records that might bit slower than "no lag". Also I don't refer timer, it shows less time than actual time mostly.
*00.0x means I lost those videos by accident before learnt how to calculate time with more precision..."

So even accepting the premise that the timer is sometimes or often accurate (which I think would need proper video documentation), it seems hard to accept times based on subjective interpretation of whether or not the timer was glitched. Furthermore, there is no current evidence that these runs did take place. Now maybe I'm being too anal here. I don't really question the integrity of these players. I do however question the faithpath you have in the timer because in my experience, it is not necessarily accurate even when it does not visibly glitch.

As for marathon, yeah I used to use the so called "best" technique, but I think the slightly lower time was just the result of a glitched timer. Anyway, I think a clear standard should be set if these records are to be taken seriously.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm

I can guarantee that all the times which appear in the table are ok.
There were witnesses for all of them, and timer had been checked several times before each attempt.
Now trust me or not, I don't mind ^^

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:11 pm

I trust you fine. The timer is the problem. Its accuracy isn't really the problem so much as its consistency. If you can be certain that all these times were measured with a consistent timer in a consistent manner, then okay.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 pm

Case and point. I just had a pretty much perfect run on funk and got this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
So is this a new record or just a slight inconsistency of the timer.. who knows? Also had a time on lunge that was lower than record here. Don't have a screenshot though.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:51 am

Do you have a witness ? Did you check the timer ? No, apparently.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Xakaze wrote:Do you have a witness ? Did you check the timer ? No, apparently.
Yes, but I don't see how that is relevant. I assume that you just misunderstood my point. I'll reiterate if it was not clear from my previous posts.

I'm not asking to have my time on the records; that wasn't my intention at all.

I asked a question about the timer and got the response that the timer was rigorously checked. Okay, but as I pointed out, the timer doesn't give an accurate time even when it's not glitched. Still this shouldn't matter if the timer is consistent. It's obviously not. There's no disagreement about the fact that timer will often be glitched, but what about when it's not visibly glitched? I'm saying that in my experience, even when the time is working fine, it seems to be inconsistent (I have not tested this.. my only indication are times that are "off" (usually too low) by a second or even milliseconds. It may not matter much since these are just "unofficial racing records" anyway, but I was curious to know if someone had actually done testing to confirm the consistency of the timer. My run on funk was supposed to be an example of the timer being slightly off. It was a pretty good run, but I honestly don't think it was good enough to beat a record by .13. No, I don't have a witness (though witnesses are pretty useless as far as I'm concerned), but it doesn't matter since that wasn't the point of me posting the pic. This is just one example of me getting an "off" or a "strange" time without the timer visibly glitching (maybe you could attribute this to error on my part, but that would just give more credence to my point if it's so easy to miss timer errors). It happens frequently to me at least. I just want to know how the timer is checked and decided to be reliable. Again, if anyone has actually done testing to check the timer's consistency through repeated video comparison or some other method, please let me know. It truly interests me.

And sure, these records could be all from times when the timer was totally consistent. They could all be accurate. I don't know. I'm not saying I doubt anyone involved either. I'm just saying if multi records interest people in the future, I think there could be a better way to do the whole thing to ensure that they are actually reliable (and more importantly, that the standards for what counts as reliable are clear, organized, and consistent). All anyone not involved in the process sees when they come here is a bunch of numbers. There's not really an explanation. They can't follow a link to see a video or even screenshot of this "record run." And this process isn't ongoing anyway. This list hasn't been maintained. I don't know how many people today would actually be interested in getting into these records, but there's not really a standard for doing it. It's an interesting idea for sure though.

Those are just my 2 cents.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrocrystallix Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:03 am

What if all records were based on outside satellite based clocks? I can't think of any... but I'm fairly sure there are out there that are synced almost perfectly to the global time system ... If all records were done with those, would the new times count at reliable?

Retrocrystallix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:31 am

I say that whoever gets there first wins.
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:43 am

Ozone Layer wrote:I say that whoever gets there first wins.
They're trying to find the most accurate way to determine this >.>

Retrocrystallix wrote:What if all records were based on outside satellite based clocks? I can't think of any... but I'm fairly sure there are out there that are synced almost perfectly to the global time system ... If all records were done with those, would the new times count at reliable?
Of course these would be reliable, all you would have to do is have both windows open while recording your screen (The race and the atomic/satellite clock) and then determine the difference in time from start to finish based on the recording.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:47 am

AngelOfOreos wrote:
Ozone Layer wrote:I say that whoever gets there first wins.
They're trying to find the most accurate way to determine this >.>

Retrocrystallix wrote:What if all records were based on outside satellite based clocks? I can't think of any... but I'm fairly sure there are out there that are synced almost perfectly to the global time system ... If all records were done with those, would the new times count at reliable?
Of course these would be reliable, all you would have to do is have both windows open while recording your screen (The race and the atomic/satellite clock) and then determine the difference in time from start to finish based on the recording.
Well what if we factor in computer error or someone messing with the clock or creating one that looks identical but is slower? Now that I think about it, even if someone did record a video, they could speed it up.. but that would probably be obvious.. Maybe if we had a team of ten to fly out to each location to personally watch as she record was broken...

Even recording next to a satellite clock would be pretty difficult. It wouldn't be a problem if the timer didn't suck. :/
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 am

princevladlin wrote:

Timer speed is never trustworthy it slows down based on the hosts lag
So basically the timer will be different for everyone
Therefor these times are not and will
Never be accurate
Even if using another timer it will take extra time to start and stop it
Please correct me if I'm wrong

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:52 am

Lunge has broken :D, 5.13
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:24 pm

@TT : The timer almost resets somewhere between 0.50 and 1.00 in your vid :/

@All : Want to know if timer is legit ? Load Zipper, and do a prefect run. You get 8.00 ? Then timer is ok. Otherwise it's not. Available as long as the players are the same in the room - host too ofc.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by sohdbrimks Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:21 pm

I used to think the timer either glitched really badly (too slow, or too fast) or it didn't glitch at all
Reading prince's posts made me question this though; what if the timer sometimes glitch in a way that is basicaly impercepticle to us? What if somtimes it is 0.05 seconds slower or faster?

Also keep in mind that lag at the start of the race (dark screen) can give some advantages in certain levels, even if the timer is ok. For example Descending or Jumper on the lower path

@xak: after reading your post I tried zipper a few times, and got 8.00 three times, and 7.97 twice. Is timer glitched or is it a new record?

Anayway, I think this list is good for reference but should not be used to see what the record is because we will never be 100% sure
sohdbrimks
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:30 pm

sohdbrimks wrote:I used to think the timer either glitched really badly (too slow, or too fast) or it didn't glitch at all
@xak: after reading your post I tried zipper a few times, and got 8.00 three times, and 7.97 twice. Is timer glitched or is it a new record?
I've gotten a time of 7.89 and once 7.87. I doubt these are legit, but variables like the black screen could play a large part in this.
sohdbrimks wrote:Anayway, I think this list is good for reference but should not be used to see what the record is because we will never be 100% sure
We can never really be sure, that's the hard part.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by sohdbrimks Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:00 pm

So we made some tests just now and found something interesting: only the host has the correct time, and the others all vary a lot (sometimes by like 0.20 or more)

We tested it by putting a level that had no flow, and it was just holding right without jumping or sliding. The host aways finished in 7 seconds, but others got random times like 6.87 or something. It seens the non-host times are faster most of time, but once I got 7.20 which was slower than the host so it's not aways

So it seens the only way to know the correct time of a level is to be the host or play alone. You don't have that dark screen at beginning when alone though so for levels with pop spikes or axes you need to play with someone else, or maybe open two tabs and enter same room just to get the dark screen

I'll make more tests later but it seens to be this way so far
sohdbrimks
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:01 pm

In addition to sohd's post :

Marathon
Front Door
Tubes
Death Wall
The Maze
Lunge
Unfriendly Teleporters
Funk
Cubicles
Jumper
Slip and Slide
Wombat
Fuzz Balls
Secret Staircase
Bubey
Descending
Treanmillvania
Cubicles?!
TPDWUT
The Shrine
Teletorture++
Defamation
-_-
XP
Bounce Town++

Have to be erased
(Either several players in the room or not information about it)

Over and Under
Under and Over
Trendmillistic
Bounspikser Land ? (sohd might know about it)
Skywalker

Are seem to be good (Alone in the room)

I don't ask to be trusted though, actually I don't mind, so you can delete my times too if you want

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 pm

I just did some tests with a long free fall level.
Free fall:

I 'played' it alone in a room

First attempt : 08:19.57
Secont attempt : 08:19.57

Then i left the room and created a new one

Third attempt : 08:19.57

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down