Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Y-EP: The Community

+2
dragon144
Guest_Phoenix94305
6 posters

Go down

Y-EP:  The Community Empty Y-EP: The Community

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:57 pm

Hiya all,

I came back to California today, and have heard about various things and whatnot on this site that occurred during my absence. While I definitely don't think any of it is due to my absence, I thought I would post a topic reminding people about the camaraderie of this community that we have. Y-EP is definitely a community of fine people, and I suffer when I see that people are unhappy. First, if anyone needs to talk about something, feel free to comment on my page on Y-EP or email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I live to make people happy. Second, if you or someone you know is having problems, you should let the mod and mentor community know--we care, and we are here to help.

For many of us, this is more than just a game. I know it is for me. I play it, and I have fun, but I also really do enjoy the time I spend with the people here. Sometimes I like to play alone... But sometimes I come on here JUST to see and talk to the people here. I do love playing crazy levels. But I love having met the people I have on here more than any game levels can provide. I've met many people here close to my heart, and I genuinely hope to meet many more.

I am sorry if this is a sappy or overly sentimental post. However, I thought it an apropos reflection given the coming of the New Year. I hope we can continue to draw more interesting and kind characters into our community, and, for those of you who have been here awhile, I hope you take a moment to think and at least mentally thank the people you care about that you've met on here.

This game has been really important to me in my life; but the people I've met here were always what made me stay. I could quit everything in this game to focus more on other things--my work, school, etc.--but what good is it to forget the people and places that make you who you are? Maybe I haven't always been the perfect moderator, or friend. But I try. And I want to keep trying, because I really care. I don't want people to forget the kind of place this is. Maybe I've said things too sappy or too personal, but it is how I feel. I care, and that is what I want to say. With the New Year, maybe we can make this community even better than it has been before.

I guess that is all I have to say. It may not be or mean much, but it is from the heart, and I hope that means something. I hope everyone had a great holiday!

-Phoe-
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Y-EP:  The Community Empty Re: Y-EP: The Community

Post by dragon144 Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Thats why I havnt leave too...? Razz

I really agree with you and its almost the same reason why I stay.

This community as I reckoned will not be expending because of the limitation of the game and the secretcy of the site. (or inactiveness since mentors dont actively invite ppl these days?) I just hope we can have a friendly connection this year.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaSlaya Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:45 pm

Well said. I can't say I have been around much at all lately, but I certainly still cherish all the good relationships and people I have met on YEP. I hope things are still going strong with or without me there and I hope new people keep coming along so they can enjoy the game like I once did Smile.
NubaSlaya
NubaSlaya

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:16 pm

I for one am still inviting Smile

Because I'm tired from snowboarding today... I'll keep it short. Phoenix, I love and agree with your post.

That's all lol... I'm going to sleep.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:27 am

Ei stey un cuz u gueys ER awrsome
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:46 pm

I feel very close to Phoenix in this sense. I come on here for random things, sometimes to just quickly check for messages, sometimes to spectate and chat, sometimes to recruit and sometimes to play and relax. The people are are for the most part, amazing. Yes, we have the occasional bad egg or so, but mostly, we know who is staying here and we make good friendships with people. Its more than a game, we are a community.

We cant continue to be a growing community without the new someones. They are our bread and butter, without them, we would be a small and isolated group of people and probably it would slowly die off. They make us keep growing and then they will either stay or go. If they stay, they help out the next bunch of people, which is amazing.  
I know i have to get back to inviting people, since i haven't done it a lot lately. 
Peace and Love
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:11 am

Thank you all for you your positive words about this site and your experiences here. I encourage people to continue to recruit on AG, as the site constantly needs new people interested in it. At the same time, we should also be sensitive to what newcomers like to play. We have some mediocre tutorial levels that are requested a lot because we've endorsed them. I think we can do better for newcomers, and produce better tutorial levels, and easy levels accessible to newcomers. We want our invitees to come and stay here. Some of our official tutorials are silly hard for a new person. I think we should make something better for newcomers to learn how to play like masters on EP. First, let's try to make better Tutorials. Second, let's produce videos showing skills they may not know. Third, maybe a page for new people to describe things they may not know from regular AG playing. In short, I want new invited to come here and feel welcome, and also for them to feel like they are not superoutclassed by everyone, but can participate and join the community. Thoughts?

-Phoe-
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 am

Thoughts: You are right. Recently, i have seen more new people on, which is very good, maybe we are doing some better things now or are more sensitive to what the new players want. I feel as if the newer players are staying more frequently than the last batch we had a month or so ago, now we are way more successful. Yes, maybe we should have tutorials where if you dont understand something, you have the option to skip it so you can complete the rest of it. Also, maybe we should find some tutorials that are very easy and use them more (like the fundamentals tutorial by dragon, and malks first tutorial). The easier tutorials we can find, the more likely people will stay, since they wont feel like its impossible, and they will become masters. Also, maybe instead of tutorials, we should play regular armor games levels with them and show them some basic tricks on there -> example... corner hops on the secret staircase level, or jumping over the treadmill in marathon, teaching them to sticky. Levels that they can relate to will help them understand more since they have already played the levels numerous times, just try them in abstract ways. Good thoughts. We want them to feel welcome, so treat them the way you want to be treated. Smile
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum