Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auth. member difference?

3 posters

Go down

Auth. member difference? Empty Auth. member difference?

Post by dragon144 Tue May 27, 2014 12:49 am

I know there is something called auth. member in the forum. But what is the difference between them and the normal ones in terms of forum permission?

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Auth. member difference? Empty Re: Auth. member difference?

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 11:40 am

Auth member on the forums is more like "Verified Member". It means that the user on the forums and the yep sire are the same.

I think the group should be renamed to "Verified Members".

See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for more info.

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Tue May 27, 2014 10:35 pm

To summarize the difference in permissions, authorized members have viewing and posting permissions for most subforums. Non-authorized members have severly restricted permissions and can currently only view subforums like the Help forum and the Levels forum. Since you're an admin, you can look at everything yourself if you wish. It's under General > Categories and forums in the admin panel (see the permissions for each forum). Pain set them up.

Any input on potential changes would be nice. For example, I think it might be a good idea to designate a subforum to old or new members who aren't on yep. Right now they can make threads in the Help and Ban Appeals subforums. Today I was contacted by a member of the old forum and old yep site who is trying to get back on. The Potential YEP players forum seems like a better place to make such a thread in comparison to the Help forum and is currently not accessible to non-authorized members.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 27, 2014 11:01 pm

I've noticed it confuses a lot of new players with the name, since it is the same as TP on the yck site, so a name change would help.

Sorry for the repeat, but I really think this would help.

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Wed May 28, 2014 1:37 am

It may be a wise decision to add a "Returning Players" forum, or at least one that is open and available to the members here who have not discovered your "Authorization" thread.

Other than that, I believe the current setup works just fine and doesn't really need tweaking.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down