Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verification system is terrible

+6
Nabbit
The Assassin
princevladlin
ExitPathGirl16
dragon144
TroIIingTroll
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should we cancel the auth system?

Verification system is terrible - Page 2 I_vote_lcap79%Verification system is terrible - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 79% 
[ 15 ]
Verification system is terrible - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%Verification system is terrible - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll closed

Verification system is terrible - Page 2 Empty Re: Verification system is terrible

Post by TroIIingTroll Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:21 am

dragon144 wrote:Let me just make an example.

The national defense system is useless for many many years.
However when you don't keep it and one day some psychopathic country invade that country, you are dead.
Although it is rare occurrence, it happens and happened.

Thats it.

Hence, I would suggest to give more power to unauthed members (e.g. view annocement and levels, just no commenting etc.) But still keep the system for those who want to join the community.
Bad example , because if a psychopathic country attack Hong Kong and we don't have army , we cannot handle it . But if a mad player attack there , we can handle it.

princevladlin wrote:What is the problem? I have addressed these points. "Remove the auth system" isn't a solution because it's not specific enough and going even by your statements the auth system (simply confirming accounts) isn't the problem. If you have specific suggestions about the permissions, feel free to give them. All members can now view and reply in the Tournament section. This solves any potential problem with low registration for tournaments because of the auth system. As for your point about new members wanting to know more, the help subforum (the one we're posting in) has never been restricted to just authorized members.

Can you sure all the new people there know you? lol . Especially many moderators and administrators always not in game . They may not know you .
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Verification system is terrible - Page 2 Empty Re: Verification system is terrible

Post by princevladlin Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:52 pm

TroIIingTroll wrote:
princevladlin wrote:What is the problem? I have addressed these points. "Remove the auth system" isn't a solution because it's not specific enough and going even by your statements the auth system (simply confirming accounts) isn't the problem. If you have specific suggestions about the permissions, feel free to give them. All members can now view and reply in the Tournament section. This solves any potential problem with low registration for tournaments because of the auth system. As for your point about new members wanting to know more, the help subforum (the one we're posting in) has never been restricted to just authorized members.

Can you sure all the new people there know you? lol . Especially many moderators and administrators always not in game . They may not know you .

Are you talking about in the help section? Well anyone can reply here. The new people probably don't know me, but I could still potentially help them with questions if they PMed me. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:14 pm

imo we were functioning fine without the auth system, and we don't really need it.

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by TroIIingTroll Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:42 am

okay I think they can know how to be a verified members and they will not get into trouble about see the topic about tournament now . They have made concession now . We can stop it there ^^.
TroIIingTroll
TroIIingTroll

https://www.sites.google.com/site/0803game1/

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:12 pm

TroIIingTroll wrote:okay I think they can know how to be a verified members and they will not get into trouble about see the topic about tournament now . They have made concession now . We can stop it there ^^.
I've now made the Tournament and General Discussion sections publicly viewable since they also contain important information (about YEP being down for example). I've also expanded member's viewing permissions. Members will still have to be verified to post in discussion related forums at this point though.

I'll leave this unlocked. If anyone has further suggestions, feel free to post them here.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:00 pm

I have a question : are the non-verified members allowed to see the content of Custom section ? (in order to get codes basically)

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:54 pm

Xakaze wrote:I have a question : are the non-verified members allowed to see the content of Custom section ? (in order to get codes basically)

All members can and have been able to. Non-members (or not logged in) cannot. The thinking is that if people have to make an account to view levels, it's possible that they'll be more likely to post levels of their own or contribute to the forum in some way since they have an account. On the other hand it can be a slight inconvenience to existing members, so I'm open to making it publicly viewable. Maybe we'll have another poll.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Don.Gato Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:00 am

princevladlin wrote:If anyone has further suggestions, feel free to post them here.

I do indeed. Get rid of the rest of the stupid auth system.
Don.Gato
Don.Gato

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:44 am

Don.Gato wrote:
princevladlin wrote:If anyone has further suggestions, feel free to post them here.

I do indeed. Get rid of the rest of the stupid auth system.
YES!

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:00 pm

Members no longer have restricted access. Rejoice in your newfound freedom.

This has been an automatic broadcast on behalf of his Royal Highness who bids you gravy and salid tastings. Thank you for bearing with us.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum