Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g)

+5
Zenzational
iamllama
Xakaze
Nairod57
GhostOfHell
9 posters

Go down

Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g) Empty Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g)

Post by Xakaze Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:18 pm

If some of you are still interested in making levels, then you might find the following interesting. Cleg and I have been working on the desginer lately, and here is the latest version of our work :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
After downloading it you'll need to extract the folder from the archive with WinRar/WinZip/7Zip or whichever of your conveniance. Then open the new folder created, run EPDesigner.exe and enjoy !

If you have trouble extracting it, then you can also download the 2 files individually here (don't foget to put them in the same folder) :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Features added :

Load / Save button : Allows you to load/save levels in .xml format. Mostly useful for very old levels that don't work on latest designer versions.
Remove last block(s) : Removes from canvas the last block(s) you placed.
Rotate : Rotates the selected item by the value in the field when you press 'z' (in Drawing mode only).

Design modes :

• Drawing : Right click on the canvas to open a context menu that will allow you to draw structures very quickly, such as walls, Ws, pop spike waves etc...
    From that menu you can also load all the multiplayer levels (including yck's). Be careful though that will clear the canvas, so save your work if you were making a level.

• Selection : Allows you to make a selection by holding left click. Once it's done, right click to Copy/Cut/Erase (available only if your selection contains at least one object), and right click again anywhere on the canvas if you want to Paste your selection.
    You can as well rotate all the objects of a selection with either right click or 'z' key (no need to copy/cut for that)

A few improvements have been made in the UI but I won't annoy you with that, you'll see yourself I guess ^^.

Disclaimer : This is still a work in progress and it has not been fully tested, so it may contain various issues. If you find any, please report it Smile.

Reviews / Suggestions are of course welcome, so feel free to leave comments below.

Just a last thing : before you ask, I may add Uniplayer levels, it'll depend on my motivation ^^
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update 20/03/2016

V1.1f changelog

- You can now display a grid on the canvas
- Added 'Fill' feature on right click (Selection Mode) to fill in a selection with Blocks or Spikes)
- Quick design added : in Drawing Mode, if you hold mouse left button it'll keep drawing selected stuff as you move your mouse around.
- Mouse coordinates displayed (bottom right corner)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update 05/01/2016

V1.1g changelog

- You no longer need to click 'Copy' after you made the rectangle, the selection is automatically stored.
- Move button now allows you to throw the leve wherever you want by setting the top left coordinates - default is (0; 0).
- The character count text will turn red when you click Export if your level is too heavy
- A few details tweaked/polished

Unfortunately I didn't have time to work more on it lately, so this is pretty much what it looked like 3 weeks ago. I still have to implement cool ideas I was suggested but, as I don't know when I'll be able to work on this again, I decided to make the latest version available, even if there is not much stuff added.

Last edited by Xakaze on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 pm; edited 12 times in total

Xakaze

Chester The Schnauzer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g) Empty Re: Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g)

Post by GhostOfHell Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:18 pm

i like it Smile lol i used the first one you tested though and said it was exteremly interesting and cool Very Happy Also adding uniplayer sounds like a cool idea also. ( this is my opinion you dont have to take this seriously or care at all ) ive always though of adding the uniplayer items/colors of the items, for example adding those black grinders, axes, and lazers, or adding the backgrounds like the spotlight instead of just pure black. ( sorry was extremely tired, was 1 am, if you dont understand or think i need to explain more please tell me ). but good job xak
GhostOfHell
GhostOfHell

Back to top Go down

Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g) Empty Re: Improved designer (last revision : 1.1g)

Post by Nairod57 Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:47 am

It's fucking awesome Very Happy Really good job guys, i'm really impressed

Edit:I just don't really like the half blocks when you insert tropposanity, removing them'll able to put FCs as well

Nairod57

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:03 am

Nairod57 wrote:It's fucking awesome Very Happy Really good job guys, i'm really impressed

Edit:I just don't really like the half blocks when you insert tropposanity, removing them'll able to put FCs as well

I'll add the FCSanity to the TODO list ^^

Edit : ok it's added (5/10/20 vert fcs). If you want more options tell me ^^. Same link as in head post to get the new .exe btw

Last edited by Xakaze on Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by iamllama Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:24 am

i have tested it as you know and it is amazing
iamllama
iamllama

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:06 pm

Wow. I can't thank you enough for making this. It's really nice and convenient. Great contribution you guys!
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfNothing Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:35 pm

love it. holy shit this is awesome.

GhostOfNothing

https://m.tiktok.com/h5/share/usr/6609842209934589958.html?u_cod

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:32 pm

v1.1f released, hope you'll like it ^^

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostOfHell Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:51 pm

Xakaze wrote:v1.1f released, hope you'll like it ^^

I dont like it, i love it Very Happy
GhostOfHell
GhostOfHell

Back to top Go down

Post by iamllama Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:29 am

just gets better and better each time !!! i love it clown clown
iamllama
iamllama

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:24 am

Does it have any requirment to run the programme? I seems have difficulty running it (nothing pops up)

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:35 am

dragon144 wrote:Does it have any requirment to run the programme? I seems have difficulty running it (nothing pops up)

Do you extract the foder first ?

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Very, very nice.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by iamllama Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:27 pm

yout old me to make a list of things i wanted for the designer so here goes...

you could add a zoom in and out feature
make the building platform bigger as in allow it to make bigger on screen level
could make ctrl C and ctrl V for blocks? (probably no need just an idea)
and thats all lol

but im just bieng picky to make your designer perfect its amazing as it is
iamllama
iamllama

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:54 pm

iamllama wrote:yout old me to make a list of things i wanted for the designer so here goes...

and thats all lol

Your ideas are interesting ^^
- Platform : I can add/change the options, i'll do that.
- Zoom +/- : It's on the todo list, I'll just need to think of a way to do it lol
- Ctrl C / Ctrl V : Not sure I'll implement this. Actually the next version I'm working on has no longer Copy. Once the selection rectangle is drawn the selection is automatically stored, so you only need to right click / paste on the desired area.

Anyway, thanks for suggesting stuff ^^

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by iamllama Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Xakaze wrote:
iamllama wrote:yout old me to make a list of things i wanted for the designer so here goes...

and thats all lol

Your ideas are interesting ^^
- Platform : I can add/change the options, i'll do that.
- Zoom +/- : It's on the todo list, I'll just need to think of a way to do it lol
- Ctrl C / Ctrl V : Not sure I'll implement this. Actually the next version I'm working on has no longer Copy. Once the selection rectangle is drawn the selection is automatically stored, so you only need to right click / paste on the desired area.

Anyway, thanks for suggesting stuff ^^

no problem anytime xD
iamllama
iamllama

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrocrystallix Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:22 pm

This has a right-click drop-down menu? ;o

Very nice!

Retrocrystallix

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:57 pm

1.1g released, see head post for more information

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down