Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players!

3 posters

Go down

YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players! Empty YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:01 pm

A simple autoit script I made to assist people who hate typing.

F1 - !time 6
F2 - !time 25
F3-5 - !level (level code inserted into the .ini file)
F6-8 - !custom (custom code inserted into the .ini file)
Escape - exits the program

To edit the .ini file, just open it with notepad.exe. Leave out the !custom when you put your favorite custom levels in. DO NOT OPEN MULTIPLE YEPHK's.

I have also included the source code for those who don't trust .exe files (you will have to compile it yourself with autoit) or those who want to play with the code.

If people like this enough, I'll add some more features.

DOWNLOAD LINK (has bugs)

-------------------------------

EDIT - v1.1

Just realized that pushing the esc key to turn off the chat will exit the program. I have changed the key to F9. I have also changed the F1 command to !time 6.

DOWNLOAD LINK (has bugs)

-------------------------------

EDIT - v1.2

Typing a whole custom level code can crash your computer. This update saves the code to your clipboard and pastes it instead of typing the whole thing. I have also added !practice, which is now F9, and the exit key is F10.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Back to top Go down

YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players! Empty Re: YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players!

Post by Steinwayartist Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:12 am

If you werent already a TP, i would have promoted you since i will definetly be using this information and applying it. Thanks a bunch Smile
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players! Empty Re: YEPHK v1.0 - Hotkeys program for YEP players!

Post by Guest Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 am

Haha np Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:08 am

I'll check this out, sounds nifty. Although I may just create my own.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:48 pm

How is this different from ahk? I've never heard of autoit. If it's buggy, I'd recommend ahk instead. Looking at it now, I don't think there would be that much of a difference. The syntax for autoit looks similarly easy to ahk's.

Since we're on the subject of doing less typing, I generally prefer text expansion to hotkeys. In this manner, something like "pipeworld" could be expanded with tab, space, etc. to "!custom level code" or "lv1" to "!level 1". It's easier to remember this way, doesn't take your fingers away from the home row, and allows for more possibilities than just using function keys. I already have most of my keys mapped to something else anyway. This can also be done with automation tools like ahk and I assume autoit, but using an actual text expansion program like autokey or phrase express might be easier for some people here to use. I think some clipboard managers may have persistent paste registers as well. It should be noted, however, that phrase express can mess up yep chat.

It's probably better to just use a single script for both though, so I might put a tutorial in the help section explaining how to modify your script for anyone who doesn't understand it.

Anyway, I'm going to add this to the help index, mainly because this is a much better way to set levels than using standard copy paste. I can't test the script now since I'm not on Windows, but I'll assume that it works. Nice job.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down