Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions

3 posters

Go down

For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions Empty For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:40 am

Hiya all,

Recently, I sought recommendations for new mentors.  That period is now closed, although you may, individually, send to me recommendations for mentors.  There does not need to be a number of polls or topics on whether someone should be a mentor or not.  I should note, that progression to the rank of Mentor is not a standard promotion like promotion to Trusted Player.  There is no guarantee that a specific person will be promoted to mentor, and I do not intend to promote new people anytime soon, except possibly for some recently returned players.

I locked topics about seeking promotion for certain individuals.  I do note the recommendation, but they're not being considered for promotion at this time.

First, anonymous polls are not helpful.  In the latest consideration, I gave weight to people's recommendation based in part on rank and how much I trusted them.  A recommendation from a long time player and mentor means more than a recommendation from a newer player.  Furthermore, it means more to have a name behind the recommendation than anonymous numbers.

Second, promotions to Mentor rank are NOT lightly given, and they are done only rarely.  Unlike TP, a Mentor is a staff member.

Third, under no circumstances do I give out mentor ranks (or even tp ranks) to people because they ask for it.

Mentors need to be mature, and stable, and capable of making good decisions. They need to have a good record. And they need to be respected by everyone.  They should follow the rules, and understand the rules.  They should help players with things as needed.  And so forth.

Now, discuss what you may here.  Thanks for your time!
-Phoe
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions Empty Re: For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions

Post by creed10 Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:01 pm

Isn't this already in a sticky?
creed10
creed10

Back to top Go down

For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions Empty Re: For Y-EP Players, A topic on Mentors and Promotions

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:06 pm

I'll probably lock this topic, since it was in response to a flurry of other posts creating anonymous polls, people continuously asking if they could become a mentor, &c., a couple months ago. And only the thing in a sticky (and Idk if people read those) was about not begging for rank, as far as I remember--but the main point of this post was to highlight and respond to some of the then-current issues. The post is still sort of relevant, but these really aren't current problems.
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest_Phoenix94305 Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 pm

Actually, this post might have been a sticky for awhile.
Guest_Phoenix94305
Guest_Phoenix94305

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Moved to Global Announcement Cool

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down