Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voting of Moderators

+12
princevladlin
Steinwayartist
NubaSlaya
sickcroon
sohdbrimks
Don.Gato
Nabbit
Ozone Layer
exitpathisveryfun123
wopi2
dragon144
GARY1997
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which mod done his/her job well?

Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 33 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap10%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 19 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap18%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 33 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 9% 
[ 17 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 24 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 22 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 21 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 12 ]
Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Voting of Moderators - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 184

Voting of Moderators - Page 2 Empty Re: Voting of Moderators

Post by dragon144 Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:26 am

read your reply Guest_Dog, thank you for making a detail one Very Happy

But for the last time.... i dont know yck in person okey... how many times I have to say that =/

and yeah usually when i online EP i do other stuffs so... it may be the reason I jump around rooms or abandon rooms. If you would like assistance please either message me in my yck account or simply email/skype me depends on your degree of urgent.

Once again thank you for your effort. (btw how do marking system work?)

Detail reply,

1) Becoming a positive role model in EP /
he had managed to keep the community more or less ordered until like 3 months ago, he did it for lots of months so he deserves credit for that. Besides he was nice on skype, only on skype

But he doesn't reply greetings, didn't help me with quads, he is selective, uses a lot of slowmotion which i don't agree with in yck, teaches with slowmotion, quits games, and mainly doesn't have a clue of what is happening with lots of offensive behaviour and when he returns he acts like if he knew everything of what happens in yck
(For your information i AM on break, for now 4 months. I dont always active because I still have to deal with academic issues as well as university issues and the moment I am on here is squeezed from every duties that I have to do. Sorry if I dont be active enough to provide my full mod job and yes I am out of sync.
I dont really understand what do you mean by not helping you with quad. Perhaps you can give me a few elaborations on that. If i ignored your message maybe because i am working. If you need any assistance regard on any elemental skills you can always check out my tutorial series.
I dont have any close relationship with yck, its just rumors =.= Everything I say is based on some facts for me playing this game for 4 years and everything I know about sofewares. I dont find a problem with teaching with slow motion, if this is a more effective way to explain a skill it is actually aceeptable for me. It is not so-called "cheating" it is just a tool for you to explain things.)
2) Manage members well/
manages members 15% well
(why 15%, is there anything i dont do well?)
3) no bias over anyone/
he is biased and tends to teach some things to some players or play with some players over others
(as i said, i am sorry if i ignored ppl's request. It would be nice if you could provide tends to play with other player's fact.)
4) everyone should be treated the same way. For example, Mods should not auth ppl just because they are their friends, it will be unfair to those who waited for so long just for auth.
he knows yck and takes advantage of that to act like a superboss over other mods. Although i blame yck instead so ignore this /
(I have no idea but some ppl regard me as a so-called head mod or something. Just because i have been a mod for a long time doesnt mean i have extra advantage. Would be nice if you could provide any info about me being super boss, or i guess it is just some misconception between us. By the way, everyone have different standerd about TP and to be frank I am actually a stricter mod compared to others, just because i am not a easy target doesnt mean i dont give out auths, and because of my busy RL matters I dont auth anyone. "trusted" is the key word as long as I dont know him at least for a certain understanding I will not auth him. I think this is my job to keep this rank clear not because I am a sucker who dont auth anyone)
5) Also Mods should be online frequently and answer questions that was asked by other members/
40% satisfied
(umm... more infor?)
6) mods need to welcome new players make them feel like part of the family and teach them the rules.
perfect score/
(perfect score? Nah i dont think i deserve that, because of RL matters i guess)
7) Punishment is need as much as promoting them
Cool mods should follow the rules /
he follows the rules of not treating people bad although he doesn't respect some opinions and imposes his power (for example when 92% of the people voted for a plan and he along with other mods went and disagreed and imposed his power)
(I would like more info about this)
total score: 8/1000

Feel free to send the info via pm or if you really like to post it here. Again I really appreciate for your opinion but to be honest I will need to deal with RL matters first.

My break would be complete around Dec but I will have another break right after Christmas as my public exams is approaching.

Dragon

P.S. I understand you may dont feel right about phoe but please dont call her sucker =.=

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by sohdbrimks Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:36 am

I think that since mods are doing a job for free, we shouldn't expect them to be on all the time or do a lot of stuff
As long as they log in once or twice a week and remove auth of people who troll others (put hard level and ragequit, put impossible level, put level others dont like and !time 1, etc), it's fine by me
sohdbrimks
sohdbrimks

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:51 pm

everyone please if you can, type your reasons for choosing. Please notice,

1. you are encourage to give suggestions/opinion. However please back them up with EVENTS or with details or mods will have difficulty understanding.

2. If you can, please be neutral. I know some of you do not like certain mods but do not use very negative words such as "sucks" "moron" etc. you get the idea

3, You are encouraged to type your reasons out of the boundary of Gary's page. Which means if he/she has anything outstanding you can also include them

4. If you not sure about a mod's status or background. Please make them clear first before dropping down suggestions so mods can follow them effectively.

Even you vote/ didnt vote for the mod. Please also drop down +ve/-ve of a mod.

Thank you for everyone who voted and voice out their opinion.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 pm

I think a mod should be picked because of the following 3 reasons:
1) You know this guy (popular/well-known)
2) Will do their duty (will ban/promote at will)

And here is the BIG one:
3) Because they don't take advantage of their power. They don't look down on those who are not so good or new or are lower rank. I learned in social studies today (seriously) that lots of wars are caused by over-excessive pride. Pride is good, but too much will make one look down upon another. Mods should have pride in their community, but not too much.
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm

amazing ozone, just amazing words. What you laid out should definitely be a set of fundamental yet essential things a mod should have under their belt. And pride does effect peoples judgement, it affects things like choosing between the morally right and the right by law choices. Moral dillemas. And hubris, that makes you unliked after a while. So a fourth one would be self-conscious.
2 cents on that part Smile
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:04 pm

Yeah, I was looking for that word, hubris xD
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:11 am

I voted Xakaze, Dragon, and Phoenix. They are the only active mods/mods I ever see, and truly I believe that the innactive/almost innactive ones should simply be demoted and replaced by active players/staff who can help run the place, instead of just watching. Nabbit, I can see you're forum active, I suppose that's just timezones.

Sorry if I'm being a bit harsh, but in the weeks I've been back almost absolutely NOTHING has happened staff wise around here... there are still inactive mods/admins, no players being invited, no one training others (save myself, phoenix, dog, troll, and xakaze [occasionally]), and really nothing much happening on the forums either... other than pointless limitless threads and cats riding unicorns.
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ExitPathGirl16 Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:31 pm

honestly the mod postion is a mess no one gets along with each other
yck wants to add a head mod witch would normaly be a good idea but in this case i think things would get messy
want do you think?

ExitPathGirl16

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm not really for demoting mods for being inactice. Just because they don't play as much doesn't mean they aren't as good of a mod as they once were when they do. Nabbit has been on some lately, and I've seen croon and pain around too lately.

As for training and inviting, I have seen plenty of it in the past few weeks both on 1.0 and 1.5 (I have "trained", been trained, and seen other people training). As for inviting, a lot of people just aren't interested or don't ever use their invite code.

But really, I don't think you should expect or hope for too much more than that at this point
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelOfOreos Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:58 pm

princevladlin wrote:I'm not really for demoting mods for being inactice. Just because they don't play as much doesn't mean they aren't as good of a mod as they once were when they do. Nabbit has been on some lately, and I've seen croon and pain around too lately.

As for training and inviting, I have seen plenty of it in the past few weeks both on 1.0 and 1.5 (I have "trained", been trained, and seen other people training). As for inviting, a lot of people just aren't interested or don't ever use their invite code.

But really, I don't think you should expect or hope for too much more than that at this point
I'm sure the "inactive" moderators are fully capable of carrying out their jobs... when they're online. I'm not throwing them under the bus saying they can't do their jobs, I'm saying that they should be online more often to do their jobs. Some sort of time on per week or day would be nice, to hold moderators to an activity standard.

I'm not calling anyone out here either, I'm just saying that many of the mentors with ability to invite and a job to train are not doing so. I also think we should expect more at this point... mainly because yck is back and taking action over his community once more, seeing how people are thinking.

Just something to think about for the future of y-ep :)
AngelOfOreos
AngelOfOreos
Cookie
Cookie

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:22 pm

My point is that they are mods for a reason, and if they are good at being mods, then there is no reason to demote them. Unless somehow harm comes from having more mods, I don't see why you would want to demote them.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2