Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

+15
shock_wave3000
exitpathisveryfun123
sickcroon
guest_dog
Steinwayartist
Zenzational
holdonmyheart
princevladlin
nopeofnope
dragon144
sohdbrimks
wopi2
Xakaze
Ozone Layer
Nabbit
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by princevladlin Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:11 am

nopeofnope wrote:
Ozone Layer wrote:YEAH!
WOO!?
Stop spamming. It's okay if Ozone does it, but not you. (jk)
But in all seriousness please don't spam in these topics.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here! - Page 2 Empty Re: Edit 9/2/13 Penalties for rule breaking - Voice opinions here!

Post by nopeofnope Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:13 am

princevladlin wrote:
nopeofnope wrote:
Ozone Layer wrote:YEAH!
WOO!?
Stop spamming. It's okay if Ozone does it, but not you. (jk)
But in all seriousness please don't spam in these topics.
Ok I just had no clue how to react to his comment lol. ignoring it might have been better Razz

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by Zenzational Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:28 am

Penalty on not finishing a very hard level when other people have no chance and all have request to finish?
Zenzational
Zenzational

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:30 am

Zenzational wrote:Penalty on not finishing a very hard level when other people have no chance and all have request to finish?
Well if they're not afk, that could just go under rudeness to players/trolling. I think we should keep the rules as simple as possible.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:42 am

I think you guys are going a bit overboard here. I see all this talk about how to make YEP inviting for new players but I really don't think a huge rule list is very inviting. I mean come one a ban for " Unintentionally crashing the room" that just seems harsh accidents happen and crashing a room is just a minor inconvenience. I saw people suggesting that maybe YEP had become too elitist and yet here you are trying to make a giant list of rules. If you ever want any one to join how about you lighten up a bit.

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:50 am

nopeofnope wrote:I think you guys are going a bit overboard here. I see all this talk about how to make YEP inviting for new players but I really don't think a huge rule list is very inviting. I mean come one a ban for " Unintentionally crashing the room" that just seems harsh accidents happen and crashing a room is just a minor inconvenience. I saw people suggesting that maybe YEP had become too elitist and yet here you are trying to make a giant list of rules. If you ever want any one to join how about you lighten up a bit.  
I think a warning was implied before a tempban in the case of crashing rooms (and we talked about getting rid of the unintentional part). I think the point is just for setting a standard for when people do grief/troll/whatever so that as little bias as possible goes into banning. If you look at it that way, trying to ensure that people have a legitimate reason to ban someone is quite the opposite of being elitist ("ANYONE WHO FILLS OUT THE MODLOG WRONG WILL HAVE THEIR PENALTY REPEALED AND DISMISSED." for example). I think it's a good idea as long as we don't start adding a bunch of crap to it.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:55 am

princevladlin wrote:
nopeofnope wrote:I think you guys are going a bit overboard here. I see all this talk about how to make YEP inviting for new players but I really don't think a huge rule list is very inviting. I mean come one a ban for " Unintentionally crashing the room" that just seems harsh accidents happen and crashing a room is just a minor inconvenience. I saw people suggesting that maybe YEP had become too elitist and yet here you are trying to make a giant list of rules. If you ever want any one to join how about you lighten up a bit.  
I think a warning was implied before a tempban in the case of crashing rooms (and we talked about getting rid of the unintentional part). I think the point is just for setting a standard for when people do grief/troll/whatever so that as little bias as possible goes into banning. If you look at it that way, trying to ensure that people have a legitimate reason to ban someone is quite the opposite of being elitist ("ANYONE WHO FILLS OUT THE MODLOG WRONG WILL HAVE THEIR PENALTY REPEALED AND DISMISSED." for example). I think it's a good idea as long as we don't start adding a bunch of crap to it.
I can definitely understand the appeal of setting down definite rules and punishments for them but I feel that the issue should be put on the back-burner until the more glaring issues have been fixed such as A. Bandwidth or the lack thereof and B. Actually coming up with good ways of getting people in to YEP.
I'm getting a bit off topic here but my main point is this thread is rather pointless until the other main issues with YEP are fixed. It's nice to have rules but not if there is no one around to follow them.

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:07 am

nopeofnope wrote:
I can definitely understand the appeal of setting down definite rules and punishments for them but I feel that the issue should be put on the back-burner until the more glaring issues have been fixed such as A. Bandwidth or the lack thereof and B. Actually coming up with good ways of getting people in to YEP.
I'm getting a bit off topic here but my main point is this thread is rather pointless until the other main issues with YEP are fixed. It's nice to have rules but not if there is no one around to follow them.
Well we have had issues with banning recently on yep and on the forum, so it is relevant. As for fixing the other stuff, we're working on it too (kind of at least..). I guess we're in hiatus right now waiting for the end of the vote in the planning thread.. Not a huge percentage of forum participation either (I'm pretty cynical about the whole planning thing anyway, and I have no idea what yck thinks about it), so I guess we'll see what happens... Feel free to make any suggestions in the planning thread.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:10 am

A lot of people disagree with the unintentionally crashing rooms thing, so I'll scrap it.

princevladlin wrote:]
I think the point is just for setting a standard for when people do grief/troll/whatever so that as little bias as possible goes into banning.
This exactly. I know a person on YEP who kept getting banned repeatedly when it was really only because the person misunderstood something on YEP, and nobody cared to help him/her out of personal bias. Someone recently almost got banned for an offense that he/she already been punished for as well. Basically... we need a system with dealing punishments so everything can be as fair as possible, and for there to be less confusion between mods/mentors.
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 pm

nopeofnope wrote:
dragon144 wrote:
nopeofnope wrote:
Dude you can't ban people for who they are friends with.
Please also don't put personal argument here okey?
Wut? so I'm not allowed to argue with rules that are directed at me? I don't have a problem with rules about hacking but I do have a problem with rules that tell people who they can and can't be friends with.
Also xaks rules were pretty much just personal arguments too.
Read what i said please Smile especially before complaining

dragon144 wrote:We are not a monarch you see. As long as whoever breaking the rule they will be punished. No matter who you are. As long as you dont be a troll/misbehave you will be fine.
Xak is expressing that there is problem of ppl insulting others. Why he put your name up (actually this is not right either) is because he thinks you are an example or it.(which i dont know if you actually did)

I think the problem between you and xak should settle somewhere not in this public platform thats what i want to say. The rule is also not only point at you btw.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Nabbit wrote:This exactly. I know a person on YEP who kept getting banned repeatedly when it was really only because the person misunderstood something on YEP, and nobody cared to help him/her out of personal bias. Someone recently almost got banned for an offense that he/she already been punished for as well. Basically... we need a system with dealing punishments so everything can be as fair as possible, and for there to be less confusion between mods/mentors.
Yup. So we need to have a stranded. Moreover some mods tend to have too heavy/light punishment so we need to and ppl start to think about unfairness. So, we will have a stranded of punishment.

Y-EP is not just a game. Its a community ^.^

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Xakaze Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Ok let me be clear about one thing.
We all agree that those who break the rules have to be punished. Fine.
What I said is that, in my opinion, those who protect those who break the rules have to be punished as well.
That's it.

Xakaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Ahhh... So lets say this situation was in court. Your basically saying that the lawyer who is defending the guy that's being accused of doing whatever should also be punished?

That ain't right bro.

It just ain't right...
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Ozone Layer wrote:Ahhh... So lets say this situation was in court. Your basically saying that the lawyer who is defending the guy that's being accused of doing whatever should also be punished?

That ain't right bro.

It just ain't right...
No. Its the police who let the criminal left =.=

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:05 pm

I don't get it.

Wink
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:35 pm

dragon144 wrote:
Ozone Layer wrote:Ahhh... So lets say this situation was in court. Your basically saying that the lawyer who is defending the guy that's being accused of doing whatever should also be punished?

That ain't right bro.

It just ain't right...
Except the average user would be more like a civilian whereas a mod would be more like the police. So if the rule was that mods can't be friends with rulebrakers that would make more sense. I Think it is a silly rule ether way.

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:17 pm

nopeofnope wrote:
dragon144 wrote:

That ain't right bro.

It just ain't right...
Except the average user would be more like a civilian whereas a mod would be more like the police. So if the rule was that mods can't be friends with rulebrakers that would make more sense. I Think it is a silly rule ether way.
=.= I wonder which country do you live in srs... I dont know how is society in your area. But in here we are a CIVILIZED community.

Mods CAN make friends with any normal ppl. However no matter how friendly they are they CANT bias they judgement. Just like a judge need to fairly judge and police cannot let go of criminals just because they are friends.

The main point is no matter who break the rule, that dude will be punish. No matter he's mod's friend or not.

Do i make myself clear?

So protecting friends from being punished... unless they can give good reasons why, is not allowed and shouldnt be allow. This only happens in communist country like China. Do you want our community be communist or a monarch???

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:27 pm

dragon144 wrote:
Mods CAN make friends with any normal ppl. However no matter how friendly they are they CANT bias they judgement. Just like a judge need to fairly judge and police cannot let go of criminals just because they are friends.

The main point is no matter who break the rule, that dude will be punish. No matter he's mod's friend or not.

Do i make myself clear?

So protecting friends from being punished... unless they can give good reasons why, is not allowed and shouldnt be allow.
This. Can we put the topic to rest now? It's derailing the thread.

ANYWAYS should I make the banning system official?
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 pm

@nab if we can make nope understands this... (idk if hes trolling or not, or maybe you can pm him with that. You know he has some issues with xak and his thinking way is differ from most of us)

Its a yes for me but i think we will wait for more mods' approval. we can always change the rules if some peeps tries to over-manipulate our laws.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:12 pm

dragon144 wrote:@nab if we can make nope understands this... (idk if hes trolling or not, or maybe you can pm him with that. You know he has some issues with xak and his thinking way is differ from most of us)

Its a yes for me but i think we will wait for more mods' approval. we can always change the rules if some peeps tries to over-manipulate our laws.
Oh excuse me for having a different opinion. You could just pm me yourself and see if I'm trolling. Please don't talk about me like I'm not here lol

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon144 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:14 pm

Ok i locked this topic go ahead nab.

Message for mods: if you are not a mod in this forum please talk to me or nab via gmail/EP/skype/Gchat/whatever to express your opinion. Thanks Smile

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:38 pm

Sorry dragon, I'm unlocking the topic. People need to be able to suggest changes. :p

However... if things get bad again, there will be consequences for those users.
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 pm

instead of a 1 hour ban, do a 1 day ban for excessive spamming and begging for rank. Other than that, looks good to me. Smile good job.
New addition: Ban wopi for not giving me any macaronis
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:01 pm

Steinwayartist wrote:instead of a 1 hour ban, do a 1 day ban for excessive spamming and begging for rank. Other than that, looks good to me. Smile good job.
New addition: Ban wopi for not giving me any macaronis
That's a new idea. The idea behind it is that a one hour ban will probably be enough to get someone to stop spamming without discouraging them from playing. I think that it's a good idea especially for an excited new user as a first time punishment for example.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_dog Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 pm

I completely disagree with the periods of banned suggested here, for me it's even hard to read this: 1 hour ban, 1 day of ban, 4 days ban, horribly small time, the contamination that will appear would be really bad, why can't there be lots of people like darwin who was nice to everyone instead of lots of people bothering others

That said, I respect all the other opinions and I'll be back to suggest or vote in some hours

guest_dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next