Exit Path Level Makers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

+18
GoblinOfHavoc
Excitement1000
nopeofnope
NubaSlaya
dragon144
DemonOfWrath
bradjel
Schmiddy1234
holdonmyheart
Mickeyryn
Zenzational
sohdbrimks
princevladlin
wopi2
Steinwayartist
Malkoir
Ozone Layer
Nabbit
22 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Which plan?

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap14%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap48%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 48% 
[ 10 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap5%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_lcap28%VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 28% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 Empty Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by dragon144 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:55 am

Mickeyryn wrote:Wow, i got screwed. I said that in the first place, I came up with the ideas for like a senate type thing but i got gipped, so.. Whatever thanks for copying my idea and getting all the credit bro
I didnt have time to read plans actually xD But i think about it myself i didnt know if it overlapped everyone's idea

Oh, i haven't talk about why i think about this do I?

Reason for setting penalty: The current system is ridiculous. I know there is some mods taking the advantage of no stranded penalty by perm ban a user because of a small incident. We should list at least some rules so we can all monitor if a mod's penalty is excessive/too light.

Reason of electing: Allow me to type this to ALL MENTORS and MODERATORS. "Respect is something you earn from others. Just because you have a higher rank doesn't mean you should be respected." (this is the reason why people hate USA and China... and N.Korea) Mods and mentors are suppose to support to community, authorization and power is just your tool not your privilege of being a mod/mentor. Thanks. (I would like to express in a implicit way... people who understand will understand)

However, politics IS a problem, and it is the reason why there are so many parties in capitalism system. I would say voting system is better then current one but it is not the best system i think.

Way of voting. All people who aspire being mod can self-nominated. Existing mod can also choose to be a mod or not. All voters can choose to vote a Yes or No to a candidate. If there is over 50% people said yes then it will be good.

Who can vote? (this could be discussed, as there are constantly new players.... u know...)

Veto by public? If the person become mentor/mod but performed badly, he/she will lose his rank if 70% agree so.

Just a draft or something Razz

Final message: Respect everyone around you, thanks.

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread - Page 5 Empty Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by dragon144 Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:58 am

NubaSlaya wrote:Lets be serious here, this voting thing for mods or mentors would never work, and even if it did, right now it wouldn't even matter who is what because there is nothing to mod because nearly no one is playing..

I don't want to be a downer here, but I don't think its worth wasting our time on something like that at this point in time of YEP.
We can set up using forum. We dont need y-ep site to do so.

And as we all can see people do care about this as the position of mods havnt change like only once.

And with revival of YEP (hopefully it works) this system will also be useful

dragon144
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NubaSlaya Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:51 pm

We can set up using forum. We dont need y-ep site to do so.

And as we all can see people do care about this as the position of mods havnt change like only once.

And with revival of YEP (hopefully it works) this system will also be useful
I agree it would be useful if YEP was revived, but until then if it ever happens, I think we should be focusing more on that revival than on something we can do if its revived.
NubaSlaya
NubaSlaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Okay...

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:56 am

NubaSlaya wrote:
I agree it would be useful if YEP was revived, but until then if it ever happens, I think we should be focusing more on that revival than on something we can do if its revived.
I actually agree with this. We should follow through with one of the plans first, because if we do get a whole bunch of new people the site will have a radically different community that needs different people as mods. And if we don't have an influx of new people... well... we can have a mod vote then I guess. xD
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:05 pm

WE ARE THE PEOPLE!
WE SHOULD VOTE!
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Says to self*

"...Dammit, our plan - not enough voters..."

Schemes*

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:04 am

Can someone say something? It's like a freaking morgue up in 'dis bitch.

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:33 am

When does voting end?

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by Excitement1000 Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:24 pm

nopeofnope wrote:When does voting end?
8/31/13

Excitement1000

Back to top Go down

Post by nopeofnope Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:19 am

So ok here is my main issue with almost all of the plans lack of communication with YCK. I have read all of the plans and none of them gave me the impression that YCK had been asked about any of them. That is a huge issue. While many of the plan sound very feasible and reasonable that doesn't mean YCK will be A. willing to do the because he agrees with the plans or B he will be willing to put the time into the site these plans would require. Even something as simple as removing the invite code might be take more time than he is willing to invest. Also there needs to be direct communication about how much it would cost to get YEP more bandwidth capacity. I would imagine there are people here (myself included) who might be willing to chip in a bit to help with server costs if it allowed for more users but as I said before we would need to know what the upgraded sever costs would be.
So pretty much all I'm saying is we need to talk to yck. Not sure how hard that is seeing as I have never tried myself but there needs to be more communication with him if this is ever going to work.

nopeofnope

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:38 am

nopeofnope wrote:So ok here is my main issue with almost all of the plans lack of communication with YCK. I have read all of the plans and none of them gave me the impression that YCK had been asked about any of them. That is a huge issue. While many of the plan sound very feasible and reasonable that doesn't mean YCK will be A. willing to do the because he agrees with the plans or B he will be willing to put the time into the site these plans would require. Even something as simple as removing the invite code might be take more time than he is willing to invest. Also there needs to be direct communication about how much it would cost to get YEP more bandwidth capacity. I would imagine there are people here (myself included) who might be willing to chip in a bit to help with server costs if it allowed for more users but as I said before we would need to know what the upgraded sever costs would be.
So pretty much all I'm saying is we need to talk to yck. Not sure how hard that is seeing as I have never tried myself but there needs to be more communication with him if this is ever going to work.  
This has been my main point since the old forum. I'll message him on YEP and see if he responds, but I don't know if he even remembers who I am.

princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 am

nopeofnope wrote:So ok here is my main issue with almost all of the plans lack of communication with YCK. I have read all of the plans and none of them gave me the impression that YCK had been asked about any of them. That is a huge issue. While many of the plan sound very feasible and reasonable that doesn't mean YCK will be A. willing to do the because he agrees with the plans or B he will be willing to put the time into the site these plans would require. Even something as simple as removing the invite code might be take more time than he is willing to invest. Also there needs to be direct communication about how much it would cost to get YEP more bandwidth capacity. I would imagine there are people here (myself included) who might be willing to chip in a bit to help with server costs if it allowed for more users but as I said before we would need to know what the upgraded sever costs would be.
Yes that's the thing... it's hard to get in contact with Yck. He doesn't speak much to anyone at all and he's pretty detached from the concerns of the community. I do know however that he has been fixing bugs in the game. I saw him the other day testing out stuff with the timer... or at least I think that's what it was. I feel pessimistic about the plan thing because of his inactivity, but who knows right? :p
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:57 pm

I agree with the 3 above posts. I certainly would be willing to pitch in for any additional server/bandwidth costs.
BTW, anyone remember how to get the glitch where more than 5 people could be in a room? I remeber doing that with, I think, OneWhoIsTwo and Sohdbrimks. It was fun Razz
Also, when I play on different computers with my account, I never level up. It says I do in one, then I goto a different one and I am still level 30 Razz Haha!
And is there a place where it shows all the tricks and skills of EP? I think there is a site by Zen*?
*= I'm not fucking shhure!!!!

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by princevladlin Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Mickeyryn wrote:
And is there a place where it shows all the tricks and skills of EP? I think there is a site by Zen*?
*= I'm not fucking shhure!!!!
Yeah there are the tutorials by royster (and zen). I'm trying to make an index of such resources. This is everything so far: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I might add some stuff to it myself eventually.
princevladlin
princevladlin
Administrator

https://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks a lot Vladlin!

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:05 pm

Congrats nabbit, your plan has won the most votes from the poll. So your plan will be going into drive. I still have a few days of summer left, so anything i mean ANYTHING you want me to get started on, please tell me what i can do. You are probably busy with school, so we could indeed use as many people as we can get! I think we should start soon.! I go back on Tuesday, so i hope i can get much done in this short amount of time
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:46 pm

I wanna help too!
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nabbit Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:12 am

Well... I'm going to propose my plan to Yck. Hopefully it works out. =/
Nabbit
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozone Layer Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:03 am

Whenever someone says "hopefully" it won't work out.
Ozone Layer
Ozone Layer

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 am

Hope, its the only thing stronger than fear.
A little hope is effective.    A lot of hope is dangerous.
And a spark of hope is fine, as long as it is contained.
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyryn Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:49 am

Steinwayartist wrote:Hope, its the only thing stronger than fear.
A little hope is effective.    A lot of hope is dangerous.
And a spark of hope is fine, as long as it is contained.
Who said that, Lincoln?
Anyways, like Connor said, Nabbit, we are willing to help you with your plan. Have you thought about how to present it to Yck?

Mickeyryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:46 pm

Lincoln did not say that. I did.
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by GoblinOfHavoc Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Actually, I recall the President from the Hunger Games movies saying that.

GoblinOfHavoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steinwayartist Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:56 pm

Lydian, who brought you into this conversation Razz .
Bravo Smile someone loves those movies
Steinwayartist
Steinwayartist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next