VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which plan?

14% 14% 
[ 3 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
48% 48% 
[ 10 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
28% 28% 
[ 6 ]
 
Total Votes : 21

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by princevladlin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:23 pm

I think the best thing we can do is to stop hiding from ag ep. I'm going to draw a parallel to Fight Club that Nabbit will hate me for. Compare the first and second rules of fight club to one of our rules: " Don't excessively expose information about Yck's site to the public." Now obviously there is some good done by this rule, but let me offer up this quote: " I look around, I look around, I see a lot of new faces. (crowd laughing) Shut up. which means a lot of you have been breaking the first two rules of fight club." The point is that if people don't see an engaging community, they won't join it because it doesn't exist as far as they are concerned. Now the counter to this is that if people are really interested enough, they will find it, but the fact that ag yep is totally dead compared to a few years ago is enough (I think) to turn away a lot of potential players. The fact that the community has pretty much split off from exit path as all newcomers will find it is problematic if people care about getting new players. That being said, there is only so much that can be done. It seems ep is no longer "hip with the kids" apart from our wonderful bubble.

bradjel wrote:hello everyone, i had an idea to make EP more attractive and to help newcomer:  the idea is to write how to do basic tricks on AG and perhaps put some video too.
it s just an idea but if it s possible, i think it can help newcomer.
As for making it more accessible to a newcomer, I will be updating the help thread here. Dragon's tutorials are a good start, and I could do a basic terminology page. We also do have a video tutorial series for skills. For racing and tricks, there are great videos on youtube that we could link to here, and again, I could add text to make something like royster has (a compilation of ep knowledge.. try to get it in one place). I also wrote a basic uniplayer tutorial a few years back. I don't know how many people (if any) are still that interested in racing in uniplayer (*sad face), but it wouldn't hurt. I did notice that you have the top time for this week though. Are you planning on continuing your uni journey? Shocked So most of the stuff already exists.. it just needs to be put together in a place that people will notice.

_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by bradjel on Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:06 pm

thanx for reply. i cant write all i think about this (very bad english) but i agree with u and it would be really cool if we can show to newcomer all the possibilities of this game.
and for my uni time... i won t pass under 3 min. this run was exceptional and i did it on a friend s computer. on my computer, there s a often a bug at the last lvl, just before the end, the screen freeze :(but it isn t important. congratulation to all people who try to make epyck better and better.
avatar
bradjel

Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-07-30

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Nabbit on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Wow the poll is pretty damn close. xD
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Mickeyryn on Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Yes, Nabbit.

BTW, how did you guys know it was me who was trolling?

Mickeyryn

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by DemonOfWrath on Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:31 am

Just throwing this out there and it could be to much work but what about combining Sohd's, Zen's and Stein's ideas all into one big one. Just my idea
avatar
DemonOfWrath

Posts : 1
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 19

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by dragon144 on Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:38 pm

Allow me to be pessimistic here,
you guys need to really think about a backup plan if yck is unable to change the site...

_________________
I live in Mars [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] according to OZ

dragon144
Administrator

Posts : 384
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Nabbit on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:18 pm

dragon144 wrote:Allow me to be pessimistic here,
you guys need to really think about a backup plan if yck is unable to change the site...
I tried including as little coding as possible in my plan because of that. I'm not sure if Yck would care for any of these plans at all, and I wonder if he thinks anything should be done with the site. I think the best we can do is select one of the plans, present it to him, and hope for the best...
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Mickeyryn on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:18 pm

Ok...

Mickeyryn

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Mickeyryn on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah, I agree to that idea, I think it would be smartest.

Mickeyryn

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Mickeyryn on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 pm

Please visit our (Stein, my) plan again. I have made an edit which will show at the top. Thank you, and if you like this new idea, please feel free to cancel your vote and put it to our plan! Thanks !

Mickeyryn

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by dragon144 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

okey. I have a suggestion.

We should have a monthly (just reply if you prefer other duration) mod/mentor election. It is because I heard complains (unfortunately i cant hear ppl complaining myself though I am also a mod but I dont really mind if you point out what ive done wrong if you can prove me wrong, i will also not tolerate ppl who send these message to me ^^) about other mods treating them unfairly. Therefore, I suggest have a election of mod/mentor.

Pros: Fair, and also mods/mentor will be recognized by the whole community. Easier to imply rank adjustment.

Cons: Some ppl may group with other ppl to fight aganist other mod candidates, resulting politics in EP (although it had already but it will worsen the problem)

Also. another thing is. SET penalty for different rules.
For example: putting unfinishable levels --> 2 days de-auth
Swearing excessively --> 1 day ban
(JUST AN EXAMPLE)

Also people can appel for it if they can provide evidence.

Thanks

_________________
I live in Mars [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] according to OZ

dragon144
Administrator

Posts : 384
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Steinwayartist on Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:09 pm

dragon, i do agree with setting penalties, that is great. So people know the consequences of bad actions so they cant get away with it. Good ideas Smile

_________________
Steinwayartist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Moderator of customs site
avatar
Steinwayartist

Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 19
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Ozone Layer on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Make some background check system too, like make sure the guy hasn't been demoted or complained about a lot.
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Zenzational on Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:46 pm

dragon144 wrote:We should have a monthly (just reply if you prefer other duration) mod/mentor election. It is because I heard complains (unfortunately i cant hear ppl complaining myself though I am also a mod but I dont really mind if you point out what ive done wrong if you can prove me wrong, i will also not tolerate ppl who send these message to me ^^) about other mods treating them unfairly. Therefore, I suggest have a election of mod/mentor.

Pros: Fair, and also mods/mentor will be recognized by the whole community. Easier to imply rank adjustment.

Cons: Some ppl may group with other ppl to fight aganist other mod candidates, resulting politics in EP (although it had already but it will worsen the problem)
Good idea, we should make this sort of work like the American government system.

1.) Current moderators/mentors ONLY would monthly elect new suitable mods/mentors and/or Administrators (if necessary). If it approves by at least 75% of the total people's vote, it could be sent to a moderator (for mentor rank), or yck1509 (for moderator or admin rank). (Legislative Branch)

2.) The admin or mod can turn down the vote or approve it. If it turns down, we'll go to their house, bomb it, and kick their ass. Naw, just kidding, if it turns down, we'll hold another election and if at least 66% of the votes are positive, it'll be vetoed and yck/ a mod will have to grant the rank. (executive branch)

3.) Then it is our job to see if the new mod/mentor/admin is doing their job properly and report any suspicious cases and solve them. (Judicial Branch)

Also. another thing is. SET penalty for different rules.
For example: putting unfinishable levels --> 2 days de-auth
Swearing excessively --> 1 day ban
(JUST AN EXAMPLE)

Also people can appel for it if they can provide evidence.
Yeah, I suggest this would be cool, but you would need to have a modlog or calendar so you can keep up fairly.
avatar
Zenzational

Posts : 123
Join date : 2013-07-28
Age : 18
Location : NOR*CAL

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by wopi2 on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:21 pm

dragon144 wrote:okey. I have a suggestion.

We should have a monthly (just reply if you prefer other duration) mod/mentor election. It is because I heard complains (unfortunately i cant hear ppl complaining myself though I am also a mod but I dont really mind if you point out what ive done wrong if you can prove me wrong, i will also not tolerate ppl who send these message to me ^^) about other mods treating them unfairly. Therefore, I suggest have a election of mod/mentor.

Pros: Fair, and also mods/mentor will be recognized by the whole community. Easier to imply rank adjustment.

Cons: Some ppl may group with other ppl to fight aganist other mod candidates, resulting politics in EP (although it had already but it will worsen the problem)

Also. another thing is. SET penalty for different rules.
For example: putting unfinishable levels --> 2 days de-auth
                 Swearing excessively --> 1 day ban
                 (JUST AN EXAMPLE)

Also people can appel for it if they can provide evidence.

Thanks
I for one (and many others) feel like this is a good idea. I am not trying to compromise the current moderators but the fact of the matter is they are not active enough in game. It would also be good to start a fresh with the moderators due to the happenings over the past 2 or so months.

Monthly 'elections' for moderators might be a bit much however for mentors this is a good idea. In terms of moderators every 3 months would probably be a good space between promotion/demotions.

It is true some people do divide together to go against the current moderators (and mentors)

May I suggest also (I know I a only a humble noob) that only the current moderators may choose who goes in this 'election', the current moderators should automatically be entered (Unless they choose not to) and potential moderators should also have to write a brief statement on why they think they should be a moderator. Finally separate topic for this issue, anyone?

The 2nd point raised by dragon is probably an idea that should of been implemented a while back and am fully in support of this. Separate topic for this issue too? (don't want to rant too much here)

wopi

P.S The US government sucks lol Very Happy

wopi2

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by princevladlin on Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:50 pm

Zenzational wrote:Good idea, we should make this sort of work like the American government system.
So basically yck is prrez and the mods are congressmen and they all take bribes from the rest of us to determine how they vote ? king king Two thumbs up.

wopi2 wrote:P.S The US government sucks lol Very Happy 
Not enough of the community is active enough (at least not on here) to hold monthly mod "elections." I don't know.... If you could get yck to put up an announcement on the site for a poll (preferably one you can't easily vote multiple times on.. or get him to link to a poll here and more than 10 people actually voted) then it might be a good idea.

_________________
Chunky. Bacon.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
princevladlin
Administrator

Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Under pressure

http://exitpath-levelmakers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by NubaSlaya on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:21 pm

I guess I am going to jump in here. I think that having a full blown "plan" to help revive EP is a silly idea. I believe that if anything is going to ever happen things have to go back to the basics. What made YEP so popular in the beginning for me was, first of all, my large interest I had in the regular game at the time. This game has been out for a long time now, and its rare to find a player with as much passion as I, and many others, had for the game back when YEP was first released. YEP was new and fresh, it was everything we needed in the game. Now YEP has aged to where it is almost like regular EP was before YEP.

I think if anything is going to happen, we need to somehow muster a new passion for this game we once all loved to play. The question is, what is it that we must do to achieve that? Taking a break from the game could help, or be detrimental to the cause. Perhaps making new racing levels and ending hardcore trick levels where you need to double fall corner into quad troppo spike jump, wall jump? What we need is to enjoy the game, as less and less people are joining with as much passion as we all once had while most of us have lost passion for the game.

We will not revive YEP by inviting a lot of people to the site or reopening the site to everyone. I think we should end invite codes (which were great in theory), hierarchy (or at least cut things down to a couple active GOOD mods and get rid of mentors), and just let people act how they want. If you don't like how they are acting you can just mute them. Things should be like they were back when you only needed the site url to get on YEP, but with registration and the new features like the room tab. Ultimately, we are the only people who can revive YEP, inviting more people will have a tiny impact on anything. If we do not play the game, then YEP will stay empty and things will not get better, which is why our interest in the game has everything to do with whether YEP will be active or not and why we need to be re-motivated to play.

These are my two cents, thanks for reading study
avatar
NubaSlaya

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Ohioland

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Ozone Layer on Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:27 pm

You're welcome
avatar
Ozone Layer

Posts : 692
Join date : 2013-07-29
Location : Somewhere...

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Steinwayartist on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:00 pm

My philosophy on the US government,
Economy: why spend money you dont have?
Done. I think for that i should be elected president, just because of that Razz

_________________
Steinwayartist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Moderator of customs site
avatar
Steinwayartist

Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 19
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by NubaSlaya on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:53 pm

Steinwayartist wrote:My philosophy on the US government,
Economy: why spend money you dont have?
Done. I think for that i should be elected president, just because of that Razz
Yeahhh things are not that simple. Lets keep this thread on topic now guys Smile
avatar
NubaSlaya

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Ohioland

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Nabbit on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Ok now I'm being serious:

wopi2 wrote:
dragon144 wrote:okey. I have a suggestion.

We should have a monthly (just reply if you prefer other duration) mod/mentor election. It is because I heard complains (unfortunately i cant hear ppl complaining myself though I am also a mod but I dont really mind if you point out what ive done wrong if you can prove me wrong, i will also not tolerate ppl who send these message to me ^^) about other mods treating them unfairly. Therefore, I suggest have a election of mod/mentor.

Pros: Fair, and also mods/mentor will be recognized by the whole community. Easier to imply rank adjustment.

Cons: Some ppl may group with other ppl to fight aganist other mod candidates, resulting politics in EP (although it had already but it will worsen the problem)

Also. another thing is. SET penalty for different rules.
For example: putting unfinishable levels --> 2 days de-auth
                 Swearing excessively --> 1 day ban
                 (JUST AN EXAMPLE)

Also people can appel for it if they can provide evidence.

Thanks
I for one (and many others) feel like this is a good idea. I am not trying to compromise the current moderators but the fact of the matter is they are not active enough in game. It would also be good to start a fresh with the moderators due to the happenings over the past 2 or so months.

Monthly 'elections' for moderators might be a bit much however for mentors this is a good idea. In terms of moderators every 3 months would probably be a good space between promotion/demotions.

It is true some people do divide together to go against the current moderators (and mentors)

May I suggest also (I know I a only a humble noob) that only the current moderators may choose who goes in this 'election', the current moderators should automatically be entered (Unless they choose not to) and potential moderators should also have to write a brief statement on why they think they should be a moderator. Finally separate topic for this issue, anyone?

The 2nd point raised by dragon is probably an idea that should of been implemented a while back and am fully in support of this. Separate topic for this issue too? (don't want to rant too much here)

wopi

P.S The US government sucks lol Very Happy
I agree with all of this... including that it should be around 3 months per election.

I think we would need to make an election thread for mentors and a seperate one for moderators... because I don't see how they could both be in one thread. Ugh... I can't even wrap my head around how elections would work but it's a good idea. Zomg. @_______@

Zenzational wrote:
Good idea, we should make this sort of work like the American government system.

1.) Current moderators/mentors ONLY would monthly elect new suitable mods/mentors and/or Administrators (if necessary). If it approves by at least 75% of the total people's vote, it could be sent to a moderator (for mentor rank), or yck1509 (for moderator or admin rank). (Legislative Branch)

2.) The admin or mod can turn down the vote or approve it. If it turns down, we'll go to their house, bomb it, and kick their ass. Naw, just kidding, if it turns down, we'll hold another election and if at least 66% of the votes are positive, it'll be vetoed and yck/ a mod will have to grant the rank. (executive branch)

3.) Then it is our job to see if the new mod/mentor/admin is doing their job properly and report any suspicious cases and solve them. (Judicial Branch)
YCK DOESN'T KNOW MOST PEOPLE ON THE SITE NOR IS HE VERY INVOLVED. Thus there's really no executive branch. If I had a nickle for every time I had to remind people of that...

Spoiler:
The less we have to involve Yck and get his approval on things the better, because he's a busy guy and whether he cares about our plan stuff is questionable.

Also, who in the world is going to be the judicial branch? And vetoing? Sounds like an overly complicated mess in the making.
avatar
Nabbit
Rabbit
Rabbit

Posts : 429
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 21
Location : USA

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Steinwayartist on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 pm

that spoiler was genius. God bless you, and no judicial branch, i mean when we have to indeed vote on things, we simply make the poll like we have here, or if it needs immediate action, it is done on the spot.

_________________
Steinwayartist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Moderator of customs site
avatar
Steinwayartist

Posts : 535
Join date : 2013-07-29
Age : 19
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Mickeyryn on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am

Wow, i got screwed. I said that in the first place, I came up with the ideas for like a senate type thing but i got gipped, so.. Whatever thanks for copying my idea and getting all the credit bro

Mickeyryn

Posts : 57
Join date : 2013-07-30
Age : 17

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by NubaSlaya on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:52 am

Lets be serious here, this voting thing for mods or mentors would never work, and even if it did, right now it wouldn't even matter who is what because there is nothing to mod because nearly no one is playing..

I don't want to be a downer here, but I don't think its worth wasting our time on something like that at this point in time of YEP.
avatar
NubaSlaya

Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-07-28
Location : Ohioland

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by wopi2 on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 am

Mickeyryn wrote:Wow, i got screwed. I said that in the first place, I came up with the ideas for like a senate type thing but i got gipped, so.. Whatever thanks for copying my idea and getting all the credit bro
I think it is important to remember Mickeyryn that it is best to support each other rather than arguing about who gets credit for what. We want what is best for the community right? So it really should not matter who's idea it was. Smile

NubaSlaya wrote:Lets be serious here, this voting thing for mods or mentors would never work, and even if it did, right now it wouldn't even matter who is what because there is nothing to mod because nearly no one is playing..

I don't want to be a downer here, but I don't think its worth wasting our time on something like that at this point in time of YEP.
Well that why we should start a new thread on it. Make a poll and see whether people agree with or not. Maybe we do start electing new mods and the current ones get reelected but at least they would be the mods that 'we' wanted. Finally as ever yck will have the last say

wopi2

Posts : 305
Join date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Re: VOTING CLOSED! - New YEP revival thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum